2023 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Kinda like Rodgers.. nasty injury, wouldn’t wish that on anyone. I had a partial tear, pop on my right achilles where it connects to the calf… dropped me like a buck hit by 300 win mag. I didn’t need surgical intervention, but I can still feel and hear that pop nearly 5 years later. Probably took me 6 mos at least to recover. I can’t imagine what a full tear is like.

How painful is that on a scale of 1-10?

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I mean rogers is already walking and spinning the ball and he's "an old man"

Was Kirk's injury on turf? That's a big conversation nowadays; some arguing lot of injuries happening on turf that possibly wouldn't have happened on real grass

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
How painful is that on a scale of 1-10?
Hurt like a m’fer…I had just started a run, typically do 3 miles or so a few times a week to keep conditioning. The weather had cooled off, it was a nice day. My calf had felt tight for a few previous runs, but I didn’t think much of it. Well on this run it got tight from the start and kept getting tighter, thought I could run thru it, nope.. I swear I not only felt the pop, thought I could hear it.. dropped my ass right there, felt like a really bad charlie horse from hell.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I mean rogers is already walking and spinning the ball and he's "an old man"

Was Kirk's injury on turf? That's a big conversation nowadays; some arguing lot of injuries happening on turf that possibly wouldn't have happened on real grass

Turf, but from the imagery, he had tall spikes on, there was no way for the shoe to slip. He also rolled his ankle slightly when it blew also. Bad bad combo.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Isn't that their (people arguing turf causes more injuries) argument? That the turf doesn't give like real grass would?

Yes, but it doesn't mean injuries don't happen on a cold day with firm turf. You could see a lot of players, including Kirk, trying to stay loose on the sidelines.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I think the Chiefs went into the game thinking it was a sure win. Sometimes, I would rather play a team thats 15-1, than a team thats 1-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread