2022 CT5-V blackwing

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
can you please explain to me how cadillac didnt go far enough? i compared the two interiors visually and besides the front and rear seats, they actually look extremely similar in layout. both car's front seat backs are carbon fiber. both have contrasting stitching (not shown in the link above), both have fancy feeling materials in places youll never actually touch. i mean i guess the rear seats look neat and the green hell track outlines are neat but neither of these cars were designed for the rear passenger anyways.

lets be honest, the real advantage the caddy has here is a lower resale value 3-4 years down the road. thatll make the car the steal of the century. for example, people already sleep on the CTS-VSport, a much better car that people think, and itll run bottom 12s with a tune only.

Do you think this car is as good as an M5 CS or E63 AMG as far as all around performance, build quality, fit and finish etc.? It comes up short.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Do you think this car is as good as an M5 CS or E63 AMG as far as all around performance, build quality, fit and finish etc.? It comes up short.

It sure as hell will be 10 times more reliable, cost a fraction to maintain and be worth at least twice as much after the warranty is up.

My94GT

Established Member
It sure as hell will be 10 times more reliable, cost a fraction to maintain and be worth at least twice as much after the warranty is up.

that I doubt look at the used market for cts V cars vs E63s. The Benz market for this specific car still holds solid value.

cost of mods may differ but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not a significant amount though. For example vengeance racing offers a stage 1 package for the last Gen cts v that claims + 60-70hp for 4299, meanwhile RENNtech offers a tune for the last Gen E63s for 3480 and claims a +70hp gain.

I’m sure other stuff varies but you’re paying a brand mark up either way. I still think the Benz would be the higher quality vehicle but I don’t know if it would be much more expensive out of warranty

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
that I doubt look at the used market for cts V cars vs E63s. The Benz market for this specific car still holds solid value.

cost of mods may differ but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not a significant amount though. For example vengeance racing offers a stage 1 package for the last Gen cts v that claims + 60-70hp for 4299, meanwhile RENNtech offers a tune for the last Gen E63s for 3480 and claims a +70hp gain.

I’m sure other stuff varies but you’re paying a brand mark up either way. I still think the Benz would be the higher quality vehicle but I don’t know if it would be much more expensive out of warranty

Ok maybe not twice as much but 20% more is the average. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the E63 also about $30k more than the CTS-V. As for the interiors I couldn't comment as I haven't been in a newer CTS-V, but if the dealer was calling me to tell me my engine blown I'd hope it was the Caddy dealer and not the Benz. Though I do like the E63, I just wouldn't want to pay to repair it.
Autotrader - page unavailable

My94GT

Established Member
Ok maybe not twice as much but 20% more is the average. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the E63 also about $30k more than the CTS-V. As for the interiors I couldn't comment as I haven't been in a newer CTS-V, but if the dealer was calling me to tell me my engine blown I'd hope it was the Caddy dealer and not the Benz. Though I do like the E63, I just wouldn't want to pay to repair it.
Autotrader - page unavailable

Oddly just from a quick look online the CTSV engine is more expensive on the used market. Though it was harder to find an E63s engine.

personally I think the CT5 will be a very nicely done car but what ever short comings it has it’s a good bit cheaper

My94GT

Established Member
I was excited until I found out it wasn't AWD. Wasted opportunity there.
That is a bit of a disappointment. It would be nice to set it like the E63s and M5 where it’s rear bias awd but can be set into drift mode for full rwd fun when wanted

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I like this car because of the drivetrain, and not so much on looks. Like a not-so-pretty girlfriend who has tremendous oral skills (and I ain’t talking linguistics)

colin450

Established Member
Pretty cool but I'll keep my V3. Looks nice from the back, side is ok, front is blah. Not aggressive enough for the V line. Starting price and 6 speed is cool although I'd probably opt for the 10 speed on a DD.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member

Perhaps try comparing the car to others in its price point. You seem to imply that the fit and finish on the CT5VB is poor. I looked at the pics and watched the videos, I don't see any doodads falling off of it, I don't see any panel gap issues, it seems to start when it's supposed to, where's this lack of quality? Is it carbon fiber not carbon fibery enough?

It's pretty asinine to compare a $142,000 car and a $107,000 car to an $85,000 car.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Perhaps try comparing the car to others in its price point. You seem to imply that the fit and finish on the CT5VB is poor. I looked at the pics and watched the videos, I don't see any doodads falling off of it, I don't see any panel gap issues, it seems to start when it's supposed to, where's this lack of quality? Is it carbon fiber not carbon fibery enough?

It's pretty asinine to compare a $142,000 car and a $107,000 car to an $85,000 car.
Because SVTP.

AssPikle

Established Member

Did you read what you wrote to yourself? At 85k, i have very high expectations and im not buying this for 85k. Sorry

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
No awd, no care. And it’s foolish to think people looking at an $85k (starting price) ct5v blackwing, won’t be cross shopping e63amgs, m5’s, or rs7’s. I was, when I bought my rs7.

Users who are viewing this thread