2020 gt500 final expectations before release

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I quoted it literally one minute after you posted it. Check again.

I see that, that explains it. I edited it before I ever saw your post. I posted it then edited it right after, you probably tree’d me by 30 seconds +/-.

Looks like I’m full of it here and trying to pass off a quick correction, honestly didn’t happen that way. That said, appearance is superior to happenstance.

Cheers, it looks here like I am trying to make you look bad, in reality I just didn’t check the post time. I logged in hours later and saw your post, assumed badly etc.

I was thinking you read my post before the edit, and wanted to wax me on the bad assumptions in it after I had edited it.

Anyways, long of the short, no I’ll intent and my apologies for the false assumption/sloppy posting on my part.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude, put the pipe down. A 4000+ lb car with 7XX hp is not going 145 mph in the quarter.
So if you’d take a guess DBK, how much do you think it’ll trap stock?
I’m excited to have a big power top shelf Mustang that’ll actually have a tire on it that has a chance to hook!
Driving the 350R felt great on those sticky 315s, like the car wasn’t under tired for the power.
I’d have been happy with the 350R package +200hp and I’m sure this will exceed my expectations.
-J

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
So if you’d take a guess DBK, how much do you think it’ll trap stock?
I’m excited to have a big power top shelf Mustang that’ll actually have a tire on it that has a chance to hook!
Driving the 350R felt great on those sticky 315s, like the car wasn’t under tired for the power.
I’d have been happy with the 350R package +200hp and I’m sure this will exceed my expectations.
-J

Yeah, smoking crack with those numbers. A 700+ horsepower McClaren that weights 1,000 POUNDS less than a GT500 is doing the 1/4 mile @ 142.

There is no way the GT500 will trap the 1/4 faster than a Demon. Absolutely no way. People think the Demon is all blower, but it's not. There's so much Dodge did to the car to get that time. Yes, it's a single purpose drag car. But it's putting 790bhp to the wheels, on drag radials, with a suspension designed for optimal drag weight shift. And a special transmission, torque adjusting trans brake launch mode.

The GT500 will not break into the 9's. No way. Who wants to bet?

10.3 @ 132mph is my guess.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The thing is, there is nothing ground breaking about that information. No shit, a road course car with a giant ass rear wing and huge front tires isn't going in the 9s. Who could have possibly foreseen this? "There is no way a Demon will run sub 2:42 at VIR. NO WAY. WHO WANTS TO PUT MONEY ON THIS?"

I've said it before, there is no point comparing this car to a Demon. It's comparing a decathlete to a discus thrower. Demon ostensibly does one thing.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The thing is, there is nothing ground breaking about that information. No shit, a road course car with a giant ass rear wing and huge front tires isn't going in the 9s. Who could have possibly foreseen this? "There is no way a Demon will run sub 2:42 at VIR. NO WAY. WHO WANTS TO PUT MONEY ON THIS?"

I've said it before, there is no point comparing this car to a Demon. It's comparing a decathlete to a discus thrower. Demon ostensibly does one thing.

Wait the zl11le time on fast laps is closer 2.46...where is the poke emoji?

Yeah, smoking crack with those numbers. A 700+ horsepower McClaren that weights 1,000 POUNDS less than a GT500 is doing the 1/4 mile @ 142.

There is no way the GT500 will trap the 1/4 faster than a Demon. Absolutely no way. People think the Demon is all blower, but it's not. There's so much Dodge did to the car to get that time. Yes, it's a single purpose drag car. But it's putting 790bhp to the wheels, on drag radials, with a suspension designed for optimal drag weight shift. And a special transmission, torque adjusting trans brake launch mode.

I’m still trying to find stock times with passenger seat and full size front tires. In street form the 4500lb demon has trouble hitting 9’s as well. I’d buy any 15+ viper all day before the overweight demon.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed on the Viper. After driving a street and then ACR (both 2016s), there was something special with that formula that will be missed.
I do respect the Demon for maximizing the available tech for drag racing in an OEM integration. It also shows the Widebody Redeye Hellcat is impressive—the one to carry on the best of both Demon and Hellcat in a serious way.
I’m a fan of all hot rods and definitely would love to have a final edition Viper next to a Redeye in the garage.
-J

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t see 10.3s unless this car is way up on power over most predictions, and way down on weight from what we’re being led to believe by some people with a solid idea of what to expect.

Unless whatever auto version of this car is able to do magic, I’d be surprised to see 10.69

Maybe I’m wrong, but we have to be relatively realistic here.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t see 10.3s unless this car is way up on power over most predictions, and way down on weight from what we’re being led to believe by some people with a solid idea of what to expect.

Unless whatever auto version of this car is able to do magic, I’d be surprised to see 10.69

Maybe I’m wrong, but we have to be relatively realistic here.
I’m guessing this will be Fords first solid 10s car, meaning 10s on stock tires for most drivers, obviously assuming an auto or DCT.
And my guess is trap of at least 128, but approximately 132-135mph if we’re lucky.
-J

blk02edge

Established Member

790Bhp to the wheels?

blue 07

Established Member
I guess we will find out at its debut on the 14th of January !!

Breitling

Established Member
Any guesses on whether Ford will release HP/TQ numbers at the reveal on 1/14, or will it be more of the same "700+ HP"?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
HP is always the last thing to happen.

Basically the way it works is they develop a car, the engine guys do all the stuff to make it emissions compliant and streetable, they say "that's it, there is no margin for error, it's done," then at the last minute before launch, powertrain jacks the power up during certification to save the day for all the shit on the bill of materials that added weight since inception and says "well, maybe there was a little margin for error." Ford GT final hp certification was released after Job 1.

A lot of times there is no answer to the HP question because they literally do not know what it will end up as. It's a monster motor.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Based on historics I'd say they won't have an official number to quote as much as everyone will be asking the same question over and over.

The ICE guys at Ford know very well what the engine can produce when tested under SAE parameters. If the hardware and specifications for the engine are locked in and do not change and final calibrations are complete, they could quote a number +/- a few hp. I suspect however that there are still choices to be made.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Any guesses on whether Ford will release HP/TQ numbers at the reveal on 1/14, or will it be more of the same "700+ HP"?

This is the world reveal, we will get all of it! No arbitrary crap like 700+. Ford will be laughed at if they still done disclose the final numbers. The Demon reveal set the bar for how a performance car should be introduced! Wheelie and all.

blk02edge

Established Member
With 100 octane in the tank the Demon is putting 790 to the wheels. Google search and you’ll see dyno runs. Sounds crazy, I know. Can’t wait to smoke some 500’s in a straight line and then roll over crash on the first turn :)
Read that again, but slowly lol

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

So this 2018 10a whipple went 134.6 with 717whp but a peaky powerband.
41CFB4C9-BC30-4110-B187-E6017962FDA9.jpeg

How are stock turbo gtr’s doing 130-135mph with ~600whp?

The internet is broken.... there is no other explanation. That or location of the track and weather is at play here. 134.6 in the heat at altitude could be 139 where cool air and sea level took 130 to 136.

conceptmachine

Established Member
my guess is Ford will at least announce some HP # . In other words, it will be more concrete than 700+.
I bet they say something like, over 740 HP,
then announce something like 760 right before it's running down the assembly line

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The sum of the “other” new tech this car is going to bring is the true exiting part IMO.

Any gear head can guess with decent accuracy how much power a factory built 2650 TVS’d coyote will make.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread