2019 Ford Ranger

trev0006

Established Member
  • Ford answers the call from truck customers looking for an affordable, rugged, and maneuverable midsize pickup that’s Built Ford Tough; torture-tested alongside Ford F-150 trucks, Ranger quality starts with a rugged high-strength steel frame backbone, proven Ford-built 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission

• Ready for adventure with innovative technology: New features make driving easier and more fun, both on- and off-road; available FX4 Off-Road Package adds protective skid plates, upgraded tires, off-road-tuned shocks and suspension, while Terrain Management System™ and Trail Control™ help navigate challenging conditions; a suite of innovative technologies includes standard Automatic Emergency Braking to help avoid collisions

• Strong new choice for midsize truck fans: Ranger brings American truck lovers an all-new choice; production begins late this year at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant as the U.S. industry sees continued growth in midsize pickups

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Why that color.... Anyway, ill be buying one as soon as low mile lease returns come in

Sbales88

I'm glad the ranger is coming back though I'm more interested in seeing the Bronco. I've heard it will share the same frame as the ranger. Hopefully they will have a raptor version of it as well.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Hope this is worth the wait. I have an '09 Ranger Sport 4x4 Sport Supercab that I love. Been shopping hard for an F150 and just can't bring myself to buy an over sizedtruck at an oversized price.

Last edited:

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I see some of these costing as much as or more than a nicely equipped F150
Motor Trend "expects" them to start under $25K. Not sure if that was just a guess.

That said, there were some comments suggesting that the North American market is interested in "smaller" pick ups better suited for urban/suburban markets that provide the utility folks want to also fit in parking spaces and garages, more than they are interested in price (my paraphrase).

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Motor Trend "expects" them to start under $25K. Not sure if that was just a guess.

That said, there were some comments suggesting that the North American market is interested in pick ups better suited for urban/suburban markets that provide the utility folks want to also fit in parking spaces and garages, more than they are interested in price (my paraphrase).
I would guess the trim model in the video is at least mid thirties. The Tacoma, which seems to be king of mid-sized trucks, can get pretty pricey.
I do see the market for the truck and I actually like it

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
This sounds ridiculous, but much of my decision to actually buy one would be based on whether I can run the front seat back for me and actually fit two full sized humans in the back seat.

Otherwise I'd just keep driving this one.

fullsizeoutput_8bb.jpeg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I like it. Hate that color though lol. I’m curious on the price. I’m looking forward to seeing the Bronco more though. Are they really making a Raptor version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M91196

Established Member
It should fall right in line with the Colorado in price, high 30’s low 40’s for a full size 4 door best dressed. Raptor version will be 45 or so. Crazy money and all these damn trucks have gotten huge. And the color and wheels on this one.......ugh.

92LX302

Established Member
I like it. That's what I would've bought when I purchased my 15 Lariat F150 if they were available then.

Now, I'm waiting on the Bronco to see if it's half decent. With a big dog (GSD) I think a SUV would be me useful.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Wanted to like it, but don’t.

Was that an official Ford video? Who the **** thought techno and a robot narrator was a good decision?

Meh, non-issues I guess.

The physical appearance is just too bland to me. Says Escape with a little bed, and a tailgate styled after a Super Duty.

mariusvt

Established Member
I like it for what it is, if you can get into an Screw XLT FX4 for $35k or less that would be something I'd be in the market for.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I would totally get one as I don't need a large towing machine but rather a mountain bike hauler and small trips to the desert or ocean.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

That said, there were some comments suggesting that the North American market is interested in "smaller" pick ups better suited for urban/suburban markets that provide the utility folks want to also fit in parking spaces and garages, more than they are interested in price (my paraphrase).

My 2002 Ranger was as loaded as you could get (except for an auto) and it stickered for $25k.

MineralGray03

Established Member
Im not to sure i like this new ranger. Huge fan of the rangers in general tho. My 2000 has 180k on it original clutch and no major repairs. I'll be very surprised if they come in under 30k tho. Interesting to see how they turn out.
b38e4f4679a9b1510ba30a1d014db24f.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread