2018 Twin turbo build

Zemedici

Established Member
What's up bud?

I'd be happy if it made 1100. That's my goal. Not sure if my fuel system will support that though. Still on the ID1050's/return system.

What’s up Dom, hope all is well. Took a little hiatus cuz i left my performance gig, but miss my SVT brethren.

Text me on the 1300s, if you want, still got my connects

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What’s up Dom, hope all is well. Took a little hiatus cuz i left my performance gig, but miss my SVT brethren.

Text me on the 1300s, if you want, still got my connects

Ill def do that when the time comes. How are you and the little lady? All good?

Where you workin now?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
We good, she’s lining herself up for her GTR purchase (still ) - how’s the fam?

And working at autobuy - like carvana, just buying cars. Can do 1-15 deals a day, all up to me. Nice to be ‘in the trenches’ with sales again

Ah man, that's awesome. There is definitely an upside to trench work. Sometimes I wonder if the responsibility of a "big boy" job is worth the hassle.

My family is great. Boys are getting huge and girls are acting as though they're both 22 years old (they're 8). lmao

Been spending A LOT of time in the desert, riding and camping. One of our big passions.

Bought my 14 year old his first dirt bike. Its bad ass and he loves it. Good times.

Zemedici

Established Member
Oh man, that looks like a great time. Keep doing your thing, Dom, you’re doing a great job.

And tbh i had corporate reach out to me for a few sales coach positions, but i really missed the trenches. Excited to get back in and polish my skills a bit.

Owner said he wants 2 weeks of training, 3rd day i close a deal.

Im on my own as of today, day 4 with the company. Had 2 deals closed before 11am, it’s a cake walk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man, that looks like a great time. Keep doing your thing, Dom, you’re doing a great job.

And tbh i had corporate reach out to me for a few sales coach positions, but i really missed the trenches. Excited to get back in and polish my skills a bit.

Owner said he wants 2 weeks of training, 3rd day i close a deal.

Im on my own as of today, day 4 with the company. Had 2 deals closed before 11am, it’s a cake walk

That shit's always been your forte. youre a natural dude. Keep it up, those guys are lucky to have you.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great to see it Dom.
And yes you’ll need the injector upgrade.
Honestly do it now.
My ID1300s were borderline at 1100rwhp on C85 mix and fueling much happier with the FIC1650s.
Great pics all around.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great to see it Dom.
And yes you’ll need the injector upgrade.
Honestly do it now.
My ID1300s were borderline at 1100rwhp on C85 mix and fueling much happier with the FIC1650s.
Great pics all around.
-J

Damn. Hopefully I have just a hair more room being it's turbo and not blower, but youre right. I should just do it now.

FJohnny

Established Member
This was one of my favorite threads way back when...(SMOOTH even weighed in now and then).

Suddenly poof...gone.

Now it appears to be back and riveting. But is it real?

Timeslips, dyno sheet and video or it didn't happen.

FJohnny

Established Member
Ha. All that is on page 9 and 10 F Johnny.

Ill be happy to get the ol girl running again, hopefully soon.
I remember being awed by pages 9 and 10 at the time. And wowed by all the stainless fab you did. (As a kid I worked summers in high school in a structural steel fab shop. Then 2 years as a fitter followed by summers again through University. I love all things about welding.)

Nope, I'm talking fresh results with new motor, big injectors, more boost and a 1.2 or so 60'.

That's what has everyone holding their collective breath about this thread.

Good work. Looking forward to this.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Dom with the right connections you can get FIC1650s for $1200ish
Can’t wait to see those turbos light off with a motor that’s going to hold that power!
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Built me a "first start" oil luber in prep for pushing the button for the first time this weekend.

$30 in parts off Amazon. Thing holds plenty of pressure over a period of 30+ minutes so we should be all systems go.

I'll pull off the sprayer and replace it with clear rubber tubing with a 4an adapter to tap into my turbo oil feeds--which tap into the oil filter housing.

Add 2 quarts or so of oil, pressurize the tank, and watch/listen for oil making its way throughout the engine.

Should work great and get everything up to the valve train lubed prior to first start.

Users who are viewing this thread