2018+ mustang, thoughts on options?

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Well, apparently dealers are already selling premium GTs with the 10speed for around $35k already.

Quicker than I expected, but expected nonetheless.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member

Very first results:

Screenshot_20180615-212111_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180615-212429_Chrome.jpg

Dusten

Established Member
Not bad. Guess that lends to me hoping the re-sale market on them is total trash next summer.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I think it comes down to what you prefer. For the 2018 (or 2015-17 for that matter) I think PP is a must. I believe a 2018 PP with cloth interior can be had for mid-$30's. It's once you start tacking on all the extras (tech, leather, etc.) that things get nuts. I love the quad exhaust and the different exhaust modes. Again, it depends on what your priorities are. I just don't know why ford did that to the front end. SMH

That’s what happened to me in 2015. I couldn’t see spending all that money on a fully loaded Mustang. I’m cheap and easy to please. I just wanted the performance package.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

96GT226410

Established Member
I can't believe they're selling for $35,000 new already. These things are going to be everywhere for $25,000 next year. I'm getting pumped seeing the 2015 - 2017's hit $25,000. If I could only convince my wife in a year or two...

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
sweet, glad to see prices dropping on the 10spd premium cars. A couple weeks ago I was still seeing 38ish.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
It will level off to mid and upper 20s. And stay around the mid to low 20s for at least 3 years. I bought my 13 back in 2013 for 34 out the door, fast forward 4 years later I sold it for 24, private sale. If you want the 5.0 to be in the teens then you need to look at the first gen s197 coyote cars.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
sweet, glad to see prices dropping on the 10spd premium cars. A couple weeks ago I was still seeing 38ish.

depends on where you're looking really. If you browse the online advertised prices, those prices generally reflect the net price with all qualifying rebates, offers. etc. Then if you walk onto the lot, it will be "marked" at a price $2000-$3000 more because the rebates, offers etc have not been figured in yet. It's a way to get clicks and traffic into their dealership.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Everything seems great with the 18.... except for that front end.

I know I seem to be in the minority but I love the updated 2018 nose. I always thought the 15-17 nose looked too big for the rest of the car, and thought the lower GT350 hoodline totally fixed that. I love that they carried that lower hoodline into the 2018 cars, love the new headlights, and love the new lower valance treatment.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
18's are polarizing. I don't know anyone who didn't like the 15-17 cars once they hit the showroom.

The 18's are literally I love it or no set it on fire that's awful!

I think that's hurt it's sales honestly. I could go buy one, but I just can't get into the looks. It's a catfish.

96gt02

Established Member
^I feel the same way, I really want to love the 18s because of how awesome the powertrain is but just can't get over the looks, I could easily go buy one but just can't pull myself to do it, hopefully by 2020 its fixed.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
depends on where you're looking really. If you browse the online advertised prices, those prices generally reflect the net price with all qualifying rebates, offers. etc. Then if you walk onto the lot, it will be "marked" at a price $2000-$3000 more because the rebates, offers etc have not been figured in yet. It's a way to get clicks and traffic into their dealership.

Oh I know the games for sure, Id have everything arranged over the phone before I waste time setting foot on the lot. The problem around here is I'll likely have to go out of state - dealer fees adding on 700-1000 here in this hell known as FL.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I really want a white PP A10 car w/ magnetic ride...it options out to a $50k car. Once these things are in the high 20s, it's going to be a bad ass bargain used ride.

Hopefully a lot of guys with deep pockets and no care for depreciation spec them out this way :)

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I really want a white PP A10 car w/ magnetic ride...it options out to a $50k car. Once these things are in the high 20s, it's going to be a bad ass bargain used ride.

Hopefully a lot of guys with deep pockets and no care for depreciation spec them out this way :)
Don’t worry there will be plenty of 18s for sale with low miles already with FI on them. People get bored quick. There’s a guy on IG I think his name is Tyler, has an orange fury ‘18 with a procharger I think installed in May. Car is already for sale.

JJackson515

Established Member
Don’t worry there will be plenty of 18s for sale with low miles already with FI on them. People get bored quick. There’s a guy on IG I think his name is Tyler, has an orange fury ‘18 with a procharger I think installed in May. Car is already for sale.

This is usually me, unfortunately. I get bored of cars quickly.

scott_0

Established Member
lol the dealer price is 99% of the time the price with all incentives included, which most will not qualify for that awesome low price

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Im waiting 3-4 years for a used 18+ car, or a 18+ F150 5.0 (with a blower of course), or maybe a Trackhawk. If I go Mustang, it'll be the A10 (cant believe I want an auto lol), mag rid, PP, basically as fully loaded as possible.

Now the question is this.... Whipple or Procharger? The A10 will get the car in the powerband quickly and keep it there. How are the newer cars with PD blowers when it comes to heatsoak? Any better than 99-04 cars?

Users who are viewing this thread