2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack E85 VMP Tune and Dyno Results

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
AmericanMuscle's Stephanie Wood takes AM's 2018 Mustang GT down to Florida to visit VMP Performance, and shows us how we can get an easy 50HP boost with a tune and Cold Air Intake. Steph had the treat of meeting with VMP's Owner and President, Justin Starkey, and taking us behind the wheel to compare Dyno runs before and after loading a VMP Tune. After witnessing a jump of almost 20HP from tuning alone, Stephanie and Justin went ahead and explored just how much HP and Torque we could eek out of the Coyote by adding a PMAS Cold Air Intake and really letting this ‘Stang breath. The dual-stage, port and direct injection system is the best addition to the 2018 Mustang GT for tuners, allowing them to maximize all the gains- you won't want to miss all the juicy details found below:

For those who are looking to witness some serious performance gains but aren’t
looking to get their hands dirty, this is the perfect solution.

csc427

Established Member
I love how some people on the forums recently claimed that this new generation coyote was maxed out tune wise from the factory and you’d be better off buying the last generation and putting a tune on it. Lol. So many haters on these forums it’s laughable. And everyone thinks they’re engineers. Ford seems to have made nice additions on the gen 3 coyote.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
420RWHP?!! Legit question, is this an unusually high reading for this new car or is Ford seriously underrating these at 460 crank hp?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Thanks for sharing. Can't say I'm surprised at the gains at all nearly as much as I'm surprised at 421 rwhp stock

I mean, damn.

I'm thinking back at the GT's (and Cobras) that I've owned throughout my life and that's just crazy to think how much times have changed with this car

Good for Ford, but they need to stay at it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Very impressive. I wonder what they did to beef up the MT82 and the clutch over the 15-17.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
Impressive result. My 2007 Ls7 dyno'd 440 +. The 5.0 is making 450 with a tune and intake.

merkyworks

Established Member
That '18 GT puts down 455 whp with just CAI and tune, crazy! For reference my '12 GT500 stock put down 487 whp.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Why buy a gt350 any longer?

The 18 Gt's are super impressive... i also love what Ford did with the MT82 for this car.

Very nice.

twin disc and also I thought I saw 4th is back to being 1:1 and not 5th? and it shifts much better than older units.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep.. 1:1 4th.

This is going to be a great car. I might have to flop out for a PP2 car when they're available.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I love how some people on the forums recently claimed that this new generation coyote was maxed out tune wise from the factory and you’d be better off buying the last generation and putting a tune on it. Lol. So many haters on these forums it’s laughable. And everyone thinks they’re engineers. Ford seems to have made nice additions on the gen 3 coyote.

Svtperformance ran off our resident engine/transmission scientist @thePill

Users who are viewing this thread