2018 F150 Raptor. About to buy. Thoughts?

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
guess you like shitting Benji's?

seriously, why not buy a fully loaded 16 or 17 and save THOUSANDS
find me a 16' Raptor and I'll mail you the asking price in cash.. lol

But seriously, even the used 1st Gen Raptor (under 45k miles) is going for mid to high 40's within 500 miles of here.. used 17's are over MSRP.

It's like Terminator Cobra syndrome.. but worse.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Screw that. lol. I like going to Huntington Beach where they try to rape you with no lube on new Raptors (think $30k markup). I happily spend my time there wasting theirs acting like I'm going to buy one and then walk away when they won't come down to MSRP. I consider it a fun spent Saturday.

OP, the trucks are definitely worth it, man. But look around more for an MSRP deal. You'll find one. Then you can maybe get the 801A package for what would essentially be "free" to you!

Called and visited lot's throughout the OC and even parts of East LA County.
Best deal I found was at (unnamed) in Orange.
4k over MSRP - 800A Package - SuperCrew in Oxford White.
PULLED THE TRIGGER YESTERDAY AND ORDERED IT & GAVE THE DEPOSIT.
8-10 WEEK ETA.

I don't need a leather interior or an ipad on the dash or all the little extras like decal stickers, trunk step up, remote start, etc that cost thousands. Just not for me :)

It's a truck and it's going to be my commuter / occasional off roader.
(Currently driving my Bolt On , Tune, e85 C7 as my daily)

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Called and visited lot's throughout the OC and even parts of East LA County.
Best deal I found was at (unnamed) in Orange.
4k over MSRP - 800A Package - SuperCrew in Oxford White.
PULLED THE TRIGGER YESTERDAY AND ORDERED IT & GAVE THE DEPOSIT.
8-10 WEEK ETA.

I don't need a leather interior or an ipad on the dash or all the little extras like decal stickers, trunk step up, remote start, etc that cost thousands. Just not for me :)

It's a truck and it's going to be my commuter / occasional off roader.
(Currently driving my Bolt On , Tune, e85 C7 as my daily)
Lol wat? Well you’re paying for leather and an iPad in the dash...yet you’re not getting them.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Lol wat? Well you’re paying for leather and an iPad in the dash...yet you’re not getting them.

You live no where near SO.Cal.
I completely see where you're coming from, it makes perfect sense.

But not having experienced and shopped the market here live and in person, it's insanely easier said than done.
New Raptors don't sit on lots, markup included.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You live no where near SO.Cal.
I completely see where you're coming from, it makes perfect sense.

But not having experienced and shopped the market here live and in person, it's insanely easier said than done.
New Raptors don't sit on lots, markup included.
Dude I told you earlier in this thread to PM for my salesman’s info. It doesn’t matter what the market in SoCal is as you can buy the truck from anywhere. In fact I’m buying mine from MO because I got sick of the dealers around me A) Charging ADM and B) Not being able to deliver. I’m on my 3rd Gen2 order since March ‘17, so I know “how it is”.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Dude I told you earlier in this thread to PM for my salesman’s info. It doesn’t matter what the market in SoCal is as you can buy the truck from anywhere. In fact I’m buying mine from MO because I got sick of the dealers around me A) Charging ADM and B) Not being able to deliver. I’m on my 3rd Gen2 order since March ‘17, so I know “how it is”.

Why on earth are you on your 3rd Gen2 Raptor? lol

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member

Bro, lol. I won’t go into detail, I gave a solid effort at calling a handful of dealers (that can get allocations within the year) and I came up on some that wouldn’t sell at MSRP or drop ship to a buyer from CA.
I feel good about my descision :)

Thanks for the congrats tho ;)

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Either way, enjoy it. They are great trucks.

I had my 2012 for 5 years, and my 2018 since Sept. Can't imagine driving anything else.

velocicaur

Established Member
I just did a quick search on autotrader in my area - Midwest - Michigan/Indiana/Ohio/etc.

There are plenty to choose from that are thousands below msrp in all colors.

Here in Michigan, there is a white 802a that is 5k under MSRP.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
I just did a quick search on autotrader in my area - Midwest - Michigan/Indiana/Ohio/etc.

There are plenty to choose from that are thousands below msrp in all colors.

Here in Michigan, there is a white 802a that is 5k under MSRP.

Post the links to the 800a package ones.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
The thread is asking for thoughts. I think you’re nuts for paying $5k over msrp for a stripped down truck. You haven’t searched hard enough. California or not, that’s bonkers. I’m not sold on the new design, but will likely trade mine in for a new one, in a few years. And I’ll pay under msrp

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
The thread is asking for thoughts. I think you’re nuts for paying $5k over msrp for a stripped down truck. You haven’t searched hard enough. California or not, that’s bonkers. I’m not sold on the new design, but will likely trade mine in for a new one, in a few years. And I’ll pay under msrp

Lol ok.
Lots are saying could, should, would but no ones posted an invoice for an @ msrp 800a yet :)

I’m excited for my new raptor. Can’t wait to smash on the 1st gens.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Lol ok.
Lots are saying could, should, would but no ones posted an invoice for an @ msrp 800a yet :)

I’m excited for my new raptor. Can’t wait to smash on the 1st gens.

You will certainly be able to win races against 1st gens. The light aluminum body and lack of any options make it a real race car!!! Also, All the money you will save on gas, could make up for the $5k extra you paid, assuming you own the truck for 25 years

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
It would be like ordering back in the day an 88 LX 5.0 notch with manual windows, locks, no ac, radio delete, and paying over sticker for it. Way to go

Users who are viewing this thread