2018 F150 Raptor. About to buy. Thoughts?

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Living in Southern California, it’s damn near impossible to get a 2nd Gen Raptor at MSRP.

I’m able to get one for 5k above MSRP at a “local” dealer just the way I want it.
$1,000 deposit (goes towards the truck) and the truck will be delivered in 8-12 weeks.

*White, 800A Package, Crew Cab, no options*

Thoughts from those in an area where Raptor markup is rampant??

Nukem1040

Established Member
I recommend buying out of state and have it shipped to either your home or the nearest dealership. Then you can try to get some options instead of bare bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Order out of state and drive it back in. Even down here where there are markups for the 801 and 802 they can't move the 800s without selling at MSRP or a tad under.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
People have said on here California Raptors are very expensive. That being said I drove through two dealers that were stacked with them on the lot just the other week. I laughed considering people just were paying over sticker a few months back.

Coiled03

Established Member
I wish I had one to sell you.

I would order one from a Midwest store and have it shipped.

Do you think he'd still come out money ahead after paying shipping costs, etc.? Or were you talking about some kind of inter-dealer transfer?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you think he'd still come out money ahead after paying shipping costs, etc.? Or were you talking about some kind of inter-dealer transfer?

WAY money ahead.

I've sold several cars to forum members and had them drop-shipped from the manufacturer. The manufacturer does not charge any extra, the dealership who receives it usually charges a $150-500 courtesy delivery charge.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
If you’re willing to pay a $5K ADM on an 800A, why not move up to an 801A and pay MSRP?
You simply cant find a Raptor at MSRP in Southern California. THose who don’t live here just don’t get it.
ALSO, most out of state dealers won’t sell to a CA customer. They think we’re going to turn around and flip it for profit inside of CA.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
WAY money ahead.

I've sold several cars to forum members and had them drop-shipped from the manufacturer. The manufacturer does not charge any extra, the dealership who receives it usually charges a $150-500 courtesy delivery charge.

Who gets the holdback on that deal?

Users who are viewing this thread