2018 Expedition

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I think I like the new Expedition. But we only have 44,000 miles on our 2013 so we will hang on to her for a while probably. Besides, I lifted her 3" and slapped some beefy tires on. Can't beat the look...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like it. I plan on getting one for my wife.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is something that I would like to get my wife, but she doesn't want anything bigger than an explorer lol

Funny you should say that. I gave my wife an Explorer to drive for the winter, and within 36 hours she knocked the mirror off of it backing out of the garage. It's a tad bit bigger than her Mustang.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Not a fan. They need a complete re-design of the Expedition to compete with the Tahoe and Yukon.

rdrkt

Established Member
Even if that were not the case, I would take either so I didn't have to listen to that 3.5.
To be fair the Expedition is refined enough that you wouldn't hear it inside the cabin and it's so much faster you'd ever be behind either of the other two to hear them in the first place.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I think it will appeal to many explorer owners or prospective explorer owners.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
To be fair the Expedition is refined enough that you wouldn't hear it inside the cabin and it's so much faster you'd ever be behind either of the other two to hear them in the first place.

I just got back from a 1800 mile trip in a 3.5 F150 Platinum. Unless Tesla built this Expedition you will hear that V6 at some point, it's just an unfortunate thing to listen to. It has all the charm of a 90s Chevy 60 degree V6. Being quicker wouldn't fully make up for it. Though I wouldn't expect to be pulling away from any 6.2L Yukons. That is a badass power plant.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Never cared much for past expedition exterior styling, this looks better than previous gens and definitely better than the 2018 mustang :D

johnkn

Established Member
I just got back from a 1800 mile trip in a 3.5 F150 Platinum. Unless Tesla built this Expedition you will hear that V6 at some point, it's just an unfortunate thing to listen to. It has all the charm of a 90s Chevy 60 degree V6. Being quicker wouldn't fully make up for it. Though I wouldn't expect to be pulling away from any 6.2L Yukons. That is a badass power plant.

Negative. I've had Expedition daily drivers for 12 years, a 2005, a 2013 and now a 2015 and have put over 350,000 miles on them. My EB 2015 is 21 months old and has 49k miles on it. Standing outside any and remote starting them, there is virtually zero difference in sound whether in front of, behind, or inside. Inside and driving the EB Expedition whether idle, cruise or WOT there is virtually no difference in sound between it and its predecessor. The original EB makes as much torque at 2000 rpm as the outgoing V8 motor made max, and the EB2 is like +20hp and +50tq.

Last edited:

hoamskilet

Established Member
Nice update with the weight savings and EB. Will be a nice upgrade from our 09 in about 10 years when I can afford a used 2018 lol

BJCobra99

Established Member
Anybody see the '18 model comes with a button to raise or lower the 3rd row head rests? All I can think about it when my kids act up on a trip, I could hit the switch and give them a little "brain duster" to the back of the head. Best upgrade on any Ford in years!

Our family has a 2015 ecoboost 4x4 expedition el and we can get 19mpg out of it, where my 2016 F350 Powerstroke can do 16 best on same trip unloaded. High alititude and rolling hills impact mpgs a lot out here(Wyoming.)

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

johnkn

Established Member
Although not announced the pictures suggest hands off trailer backup assist, hands off parking assist and an E-locker. 300 lbs lighter with +20hp/50tq. Strides in the right direction....

nxhappy

Established Member
that grille is uglier than a 80 year old russian hooker ...

Users who are viewing this thread