2018 Durango srt8

blk02edge

Established Member
I'd be hard pressed to decide on this over the Cherokee srt. If I need 7 passengers last thing I'd be thinking of is driving like an ass.

00GT&03L

MOTOR CITY
Established Member
Probably priced right there with the SRT Grand Cherokee...

Be a nice option for those that need that third row...

I don't see how anybody who calls themselves an enthusiast (no matter their brand loyalty) can not like what Dodge (Chrysler in general) is doing these days...

Couldn't agree more!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
thats awesome. i think they look great. and mean. i got an explorer sport because i needed 3 rows but still wanted performance. but didnt want another gas hog in my driveway. this is great for the car guy dad that needs a DD that can tow the boat or race car and take the whole family out at the same time. a Jeep srt wouldnt work for me but this would, if it didnt get 12mpg lol.
if gas was $2 a gallon then id say **** it! (needs more burnout emoji)

blk02edge

Established Member
lol

Having a performance vehicle automatically means you drive like an ass.
Well... how would you drive this thing? Are quick highway pulls that are less than impressive worth the added cost this thing will be?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Well, just curious who is actually shopping for a performance variant of a large suv?

I'd say there's a market. I see a huge amount of 7-seat Mercedes GLS's in my neighborhood and my daily commute / work. The vast majority are GLS63 AMG, far less are base GLS450.

Now I rarely ever see a Cherokee SRT. I'm not sure if that's due to the badge but maybe people are waiting for this 7 passenger version.

But me personally, when I need a larger vehicle I'll take a fast station wagon. If I'm getting an SUV it's something comical like a G63.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'd say there's a market. I see a huge amount of 7-seat Mercedes GLS's in my neighborhood and my daily commute / work. The vast majority are GLS63 AMG, far less are base GLS450.

Now I rarely ever see a Cherokee SRT. I'm not sure if that's due to the badge but maybe people are waiting for this 7 passenger version.

But me personally, when I need a larger vehicle I'll take a fast station wagon. If I'm getting an SUV it's something comical like a G63.
Not sure about the usa but an srt8 jeep is like 20k more than a loaded limited. Hardly see any up here

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
There should be a limited market for the truck.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep makes a performance truck that isn't near the "quality" of it's German rivals but costs way less.

I would strongly consider one if I was in the market for an SUV, even though I don't need to sit 7. More cargo room the better in my situation.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
im a BIG ford guy, but i just bought a CPO SRT8 cherokee because compared to the explorer sport, well there is no comparison.

please ford, please. stuff a coyote into a new gen explorer and give me a reason to ditch my jeep. but they will never happen.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
If this was out when I had my SRT Jeep, I'd pick this over the Jeep. The Jeep is so damn small, I couldn't fit a baby seat in the back without moving up the front seat. My hellcat charger has a good bit more room in the front two seats.

Definitely a bad ass choice...

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Looks great but a tuned x5m would destroy it. I wanna see the hellcat engine/supercharger in there.

Users who are viewing this thread