2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE: Chevy Sharpens Its Lead Pipe

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
So just aero bits resulted in that much time dif?

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
It's a lot more than just aero bits.

images

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Two biggest changes are the suspension and tires. The car uses Multimatic DSSV dampers, just like the last Z28. It also has the new supercar 3 cup tires which I guess are very sticky.

The car also doesn't have any suspension bushings, which is insane to me.

And it weighs 60lbs less than the other car.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Go watch the reviews that explain the how the DSSVs work on the FGT and you will see why they are so significant. The FGT has a completely different suspension setup obviously, but those dampers play a huge part.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
This car is ****ing savage, good lord. This thing is within a tenth of the Audi R8 Plus and Gen V GTS. It beat the 570S and GT-R NISMO for christ sake. God damn it Chevy, put a dual clutch in this thing and step up the power. Ford, put a dual clutch in the GT350R. You are losing time on the track because of it.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The best part is if you do your homework, no dealer mark up on these. Imo in 3-4 months you will find them at 5k off to boot.... Try to find that with a gt350r... They are sitting on lots with 20-30k markups... Sad!

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
This car is ****ing savage, good lord. This thing is within a tenth of the Audi R8 Plus and Gen V GTS. It beat the 570S and GT-R NISMO for christ sake. God damn it Chevy, put a dual clutch in this thing and step up the power. Ford, put a dual clutch in the GT350R. You are losing time on the track because of it.

No, props to Chevy for keeping a manstransmission in it.

Users who are viewing this thread