2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE: Chevy Sharpens Its Lead Pipe

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
You can have your lazy around town gt350, i like my toy's with a blower on top and to have that low end boom shocka locka tq off idle. I dont want to rev the engine to fairy tail land to feel some them my little pony horse powers. And no, i cant afford either.

Also i didnt know you arent a car guy if you prefer autos. Damnit ima poser.
You know speed shops have been slapping blowers and turbos on the GT350 right? They get pretty crazy too, 850rwhp on something like 8psi.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Sniff... Sniff... I smell anger, sadness and delusion.
Your sniffer is broken. I applaud Chevy's performance feats lately, but that doesn't change the fact you're driving around in an abomination.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
You can have your lazy around town gt350, i like my toy's with a blower on top and to have that low end boom shocka locka tq off idle. I dont want to rev the engine to fairy tail land to feel some them my little pony horse powers. And no, i cant afford either.

Also i didnt know you arent a car guy if you prefer autos. Damnit ima poser.
Already have something with torque
72cecc49ba85cd69e9e66a5ff1d0e48e.jpg

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
You know speed shops have been slapping blowers and turbos on the GT350 right? They get pretty crazy too, 850rwhp on something like 8psi.
Well aware of it. If I can spend a fortune to build(i wouldnt want to gamble on stock block no matter how well others have done) and boost a voodoo, i certainly wouldnt spend all that on a gt350 anyway.
Already have something with torque
Me too, my response is to why i wouldnt want a GT350. I too have something with more low end tq than you, yet....i'd still want my next toy to have that.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Well aware of it. If I can spend a fortune to build(i wouldnt want to gamble on stock block no matter how well others have done) and boost a voodoo, i certainly wouldnt spend all that on a gt350 anyway.

Me too, my response is to why i wouldnt want a GT350. I too have something with more low end tq than you, yet....i'd still want my next toy to have that.
Guess you're too good for every Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, or other exotics out there too.. The 350 lacks low end torque for a reason.. I have the same comparison between my two Cobras... The one that makes retarded amounts of torque tries to kill me every time it sees more than 1/4 throttle, while the no bottom end 4.6 is very well mannered for twisties.. I suppose none of this makes sense to a monkey who just wants to smash the gas and live his life a quarter mile at a time..

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
So because i want low end tq of a 60k vehicle, we are now bringing in exotics. Ok then.

I understand why the powerband works well for the gt350's intended purpose. It just isnt for me.

I dont recall anyone so far in this thread, someone treating their gas pedal like an on and off switch 1320 feet at a time. I can put down all my tq on the street.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Impressive.

Have had manual transmission cars from 1986 -2017. I currently don't own any at this point. Guess I'm not a car guy?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So because i want low end tq of a 60k vehicle, we are now bringing in exotics. Ok then.

I understand why the powerband works well for the gt350's intended purpose. It just isnt for me.

I dont recall anyone so far in this thread, someone treating their gas pedal like an on and off switch 1320 feet at a time. I can put down all my tq on the street.

We are not bringing in exotics those that drive the 350/R say it has the balance and feel of the exotics.
The Porsche factory drivers at some of their schools have the R in hand. It's that good.

But go ahead like all the power you want so you brag to all your friends. My car makes 900 hp/tq....

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I dont care about balance. I dont do hard cornering. I dont care what a highly skilled driver thinks. I can never push any car that hard. Did you not read i cant afford anything mentioned so far?

I dont understand why you are telling me to go brag about how much power my vehicle makes. You seem upset i have a certain taste in vehicles like the last guy. Your car's power level isnt relevant to my opinion of the new zl1 vs gt350.

jleews6

Established Member
Its funny to watch someone try everything they can to deny the facts.. The 2018 ZL1 1LE is a bad ass car that out performs just about everything in its class !

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
...another grip picture (note inside tires):

2018-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-1le-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-690063-s-original.jpg

Damn.

Thats on sexy mother****er right there. Look at those fatties. DDs upfront and apple bottom out back. Hellcat power to weight ratio and with 350R handling beating performance.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Anybody got any ideas on how i can convince the wife to trade her SS in for one of these badboys?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I might be in the minority, but I don't want the upcoming GT500 to jump immediately into this all-around performer parade.

Give us a base option that has the power that's priced under the regular ZL1, and throw the track goodies in later at a competitive price with the Gm cars.

Users who are viewing this thread