2018 Bullitt Possibly Spied

ROMM

Established Member
If they build it this Bullitt will be sold. They may not be that much better than a regular GT but at least they are more unique which is something that's hard to do when you own a Mustang.

View attachment 1449415

Love this gen Bullit!

Would be awesome if Ford brought back the Bullit model.

Ford should bring back the 351 moniker (maybe stroke out the 3rd gen 5.0/302-305?). A new model 351 Mach would be sweet! The added displacement would put the Mustang up there with the Dodge 5.7 and 6.4 (392), and the Camaro 350 as far as liters are concerned, and us old school guys would love having a modern day 351 Mustang.

spectreman

Established Member
If they build it this Bullitt will be sold. They may not be that much better than a regular GT but at least they are more unique which is something that's hard to do when you own a Mustang.

View attachment 1449415

Agreed. Rarely did a week go by that someone didn't stop me in a parking lot and ask, "Is that a Bullitt?" as if it were a mythical car. And I'd reply, w/a sheepish grin, "Why yes, it is."

I feel the same way about my '09 GT500. I purposely only wanted the traditional white w/blue stripes for the same reason. As soon as I got mine, I can report that I've had the same experiences, only multipiled. Many more people stop & ask about this car, or flash me the 'thumbs up' whilst driving.

I kinda like the attention it brings, as did my Bullitt. My '14 GT track pack, as nice a car as it was, well, no one once ever asked me about it until the week I traded it in- no kidding.

I only wish I had the space & $$ to put another 08/09 Bullitt in my garage next to my GT500, as well as an azure blue '04 Mach I!

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Love this gen Bullit!

Would be awesome if Ford brought back the Bullit model.

Ford should bring back the 351 moniker (maybe stroke out the 3rd gen 5.0/302-305?). A new model 351 Mach would be sweet! The added displacement would put the Mustang up there with the Dodge 5.7 and 6.4 (392), and the Camaro 350 as far as liters are concerned, and us old school guys would love having a modern day 351 Mustang.

I would gladly take the 5.8 S/C engine from the previous GT500 lol.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they did build a Bullitt being a anniversary year. It looks sooooo very nice!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Was the picture take with a flip phone? Damn that is a really crappy image. The car will sell if it is built. As to the Mach 1 question, the lines of the s550 do not flow with a shaker sticking out of the hood, nor do I think that Ford want to configure an induction set up to route this back to the air box.

_Snake_

Established Member
Agreed. Rarely did a week go by that someone didn't stop me in a parking lot and ask, "Is that a Bullitt?" as if if were a mythical car. And I'd reply, w/a sheepish grin, "Why yes, it is."

I feel the same way about my '09 GT500. I purposely only wanted the traditional white w/blue stripes for the same reason. As soon as I got mine, I can report that I've had the same experiences, only multipiled. Many more people stop & ask about this car, or flash me the 'thumbs up' whilst driving.

I kinda like the attention it brings, as did my Bullitt. My '14 GT track pack, as nice a car as it was, well, no one once ever asked me about it until the week I traded it in- no kidding.

I only wish I had the space & $$ to put another 08/09 Bullitt in my garage next to my GT500, as well as an azure blue '04 Mach I!

You should try owning a 12–13 Boss. I still can’t wrap my head around how much attention that car received.

SVTDarin

Established Member
So different paint color, wheels & a badge. Wow

Ummmm no dick head, do your home work before bashing.

Engineers tapped Ford Racing for a host of upgrades to make the new Bullitt much more than just an appearance package. Ford Racing’s Power Upgrade Package added 15 extra horsepower to the Mustang GT’s 300 ponies. Suspension tweaks included stiffer shocks, springs, and a strut tower brace, giving the Bullitt extra bite in the corners. Bullitt-specific front brake pads and 3.73 rear gears rounded out the mechanical upgrades, and stripped of badging, scoops and spoilers, with the faux gas cap on the trunk bearing the only name of the beast. A unique grille and specially crafted 18-inch wheels finished the exterior treatments, while Bullitt-specific interior trim with Bullitt badging and an aluminum shift knob completed the Bullitt transformation. Each 2008 Bullitt was assigned its own VIN-specific serial number on a special ID plate affixed to the car's strut tower brace. GT500 seats and steering wheel along with a machine turned dash and Bullitt specific gauges were interior changes.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

Engineers tapped Ford Racing for a host of upgrades to make the new Bullitt much more than just an appearance package. Ford Racing’s Power Upgrade Package added 15 extra horsepower to the Mustang GT’s 300 ponies. Suspension tweaks included stiffer shocks, springs, and a strut tower brace, giving the Bullitt extra bite in the corners. Bullitt-specific front brake pads and 3.73 rear gears rounded out the mechanical upgrades, and stripped of badging, scoops and spoilers, with the faux gas cap on the trunk bearing the only name of the beast. A unique grille and specially crafted 18-inch wheels finished the exterior treatments, while Bullitt-specific interior trim with Bullitt badging and an aluminum shift knob completed the Bullitt transformation. Each 2008 Bullitt was assigned its own VIN-specific serial number on a special ID plate affixed to the car's strut tower brace. GT500 seats and steering wheel along with a machine turned dash and Bullitt specific gauges were interior changes.

Ok you quoted something from ten years ago, how is this relevant to today ?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Ford made money from all the people buying Bullitts, if they make this car I bet it would be at least 10-12k more. And as usual all you're getting is green paint, CAI, Springs. LOL

I kinda feel bad for the people that pay full admission for these and the California special 5.0s!
Ummm the CS was only $1,995 option over the base GT. Well worth it if your going to swap the front grill, fogs, rear diffuser, add a wing, and get nicer seats...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ummm the CS was only $1,995 option over the base GT. Well worth it if your going to swap the front grill, fogs, rear diffuser, add a wing, and get nicer seats...
The CS here in cali was selling for over 50k and this was just last year (it was for a 2016 CS too). Yea I know the new mustangs are getting close to that price but you’re getting mag ride and a car that is quicker than the gt350.

Also what the dealer is selling for isn’t always what they get, but it’s crazy to think a GT was selling for close to msrp of a gt350. And few people were getting the gt350 for msrp too.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
probably another hoax.

Were these pictures part of the purported hoax?

22DB7749-A677-471A-BA3F-A46E10D1773D.jpeg

9A0D845D-A2A4-4950-80F1-828DFC0F47DB.jpeg

Never_Enough

Established Member

Definitely no need for the name calling, man. A whole 15 Hp. Cool beans

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

So salty...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

So basically a glorified GT?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
This has my interest, which is interesting in itself since no Mustang has since I sold my GT.

Users who are viewing this thread