2018 Bullitt Possibly Spied

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
2018 Bullitt possibly captured in Chicago shooting a commercial.

Love the green.

2018-Bullitt-Mustang-Commercial-3-657x360.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/12/06/new-ford-mustang-bullitt-possibly-spotted-on-street.html

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. It's time for another Mach 1 IMO.

But would a shaker flow well on a S-550?
Hmm

ya, the current body style lends itself more toward the bullitt and it seems the bullitts tend to be more appearance with minor tweaks where there was a lot more to the Mach1 imho - so less work to bring it to the table I suppose. Im interested in picking up an S550 for the wife but it wont be just a GT or cal special.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
ya, the current body style lends itself more toward the bullitt and it seems the bullitts tend to be more appearance with minor tweaks where there was a lot more to the Mach1 imho - so less work to bring it to the table I suppose. Im interested in picking up an S550 for the wife but it wont be just a GT or cal special.

The 03-04 Mach's were so cool. (As you know)
While it didn't have the power/potential of the Cobra, it had a unique style/look, and a decent powerplant in the 4.6 4v.
Always loved watching the shaker "shake" everytime you gave it gas.

I like the S550 too, waiting on any info on the 500.

Recon

Established Member
It will be the 50 anniversary for the Bullitt next year. Hopefully they make it. Then it will be the Mach 1 50 year anniversary in 2019. Would be awesome for a new introduction of it. Hint hint Ford!
Since they missed the GT500’s 50 year anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Love the understated look of the Bullitt. The S550 would look great in that color too. Hope they make it.
That's one of the nuances about the Bullitt. Understated without being bland in design. I have also been a fan of the original Bullitt and the 2001. This one, if built, would be the best of them all IMO.

blk02edge

Established Member
I wonder how they'd build a new mach 1 since the 2018 GT and gt350 aren't that far off

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
That's one of the nuances about the Bullitt. Understated without being bland in design. I have also been a fan of the original Bullitt and the 2001. This one, if built, would be the best of them all IMO.

Agreed Bob. That's what makes the Bullitt car an icon and still talked about and desirable today. No flash, just raw power and performance.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ford made money from all the people buying Bullitts, if they make this car I bet it would be at least 10-12k more. And as usual all you're getting is green paint, CAI, Springs. LOL

I kinda feel bad for the people that pay full admission for these and the California special 5.0s!

B0B

Established Member
Ford made money from all the people buying Bullitts, if they make this car I bet it would be at least 10-12k more. And as usual all you're getting is green paint, CAI, Springs. LOL

I kinda feel bad for the people that pay full admission for these and the California special 5.0s!

I️ bought my wife a 2001 bullitt for a daily driver this year. A lot of people are on the same boat as you stating that it is a GT with expensive bolt-ons. It’s a lot more than that and there was value with the 01.

Cobra brakes
Unique seats
Bigger sway bars
Better shocks
Lower ride height
Unique gauges
Side scoops
Side skirts
C pillars and rear windows
Intake manifold
Stainless cat-back with better sounding mufflers
Fuel door
Shift knob
Limited production
DHG exclusive to the bullitt
Etc

I️ really like the Bullitt and am looking forward to seeing this!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fangstang

Established Member
Cant wait for it. I hope Ford doesnt ruin it with tacky sticks, emblems, embroidery, badges, serial numbers and such. Make it the correct green, premium black leather interior, manual only.

spectreman

Established Member
I loved my '08 Bullitt. A decontented GT but w/the right add-ons and oh so unique. Still the prettiest S197 ever, IMHO.

In many ways, it was my fave of all my 7 Stangs, GT500 included. Next year is the Bullitt movie's 50th anniversary, ergo the pending model which is supposed to be announced Jan14, I believe.

It's been teased for a while, back about 6 months ago in a Ford commerical starring the Rock. I don't know why Ford just wouldn't announce it. Building suspense, I guess.

Note there's no 5.0 badge, no rear deck lid, the Bullitt specific wheels w/the polished lip, the apparent DHG paint- ayup, if that's ain't a Bullitt, it's someone w/a really good ruse going on. I hope they retain the basic goodness of the '08-09 Bullitt & not add all the foolishness and frippery present in some of the S550 models. That ain't what a Bullitt is about.

Hopefully, it'll be limited production, equipped w/the powerpack I or II performance options, & Ford won't jack up the price. I can dream, can't I?

If Ford does it right, I could possibly see one in the garage but I'd really rather see a new version Mach I. Someone else commented on the '03-04 models- I still dig those cars- and hope Ford would reproduce them again. Gimme that shaker hood!
Lee

Bullitt4859

Established Member
If this is true I'm might seriously consider buying one. Have to see the specs if it comes out. But hot damn!!

SVTDarin

Established Member
If they build it this Bullitt will be sold. They may not be that much better than a regular GT but at least they are more unique which is something that's hard to do when you own a Mustang.

20160128_153128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread