2018 Bentley Bentayga W12

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I would choose the Bentley over the Jeep. Unless you are going to daily drive it, see what insurance would cost through Grundy or Hagerty.

If cost and maintenance was a concern, I'd go with a Genisis GV80 3.5T. It's Bentley-esque, costs less, has good quality, and has a great warranty.

ArabianOak

Established Member
IMG_4474.jpeg

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I would choose the Bentley over the Jeep. Unless you are going to daily drive it, see what insurance would cost through Grundy or Hagerty.

If cost and maintenance was a concern, I'd go with a Genisis GV80 3.5T. It's Bentley-esque, costs less, has good quality, and has a great warranty.

That's a first. Never seen someone suggest cross shopping a Hyundai to a Bentley.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Also consider when you're ready to dump that thing, you said they've had it 200+ days which speaks volumes about the lack of market for them. That 392 will hold value better.

That's a great point. Seems like most high end vehicles fall off a cliff value wise unless they are a rare one/never driven.
Curious to know how much that dealer bought it for.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
That's a first. Never seen someone suggest cross shopping a Hyundai to a Bentley.
I did suggest the Bentley over the Jeep.

Hyundai/Genisis has come a long way and are worthy of consideration.

If someone likes the look of the Bentley, but doesn't like the cost of ownership, there are more affordable alternatives.

ArabianOak

Established Member
That's a great point. Seems like most high end vehicles fall off a cliff value wise unless they are a rare one/never driven.
Curious to know how much that dealer bought it for.
They are losing over 25k on it. Exotic market is destroyed right now. Im getting it at 100k.

Here’s the car price history of car guru. They are giving me a very aggressive price for the Jeep which I would assume means they just need to unload the Bentley. They have had the Bentley for over 230 days.

The Bentley had a full service done recently and brand new tires and brakes.
IMG_4491.png

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It's not a Hyundai. It's a Genesis. Very different. Would you call a Lexus luxury SUV a "Toyota"?

Yes.

Mostly because they use Toyota Engines. Just because the interior is prettier doesn't make it any less Toyota.

Like my old Lexus..... had an incredible interior compared to a Camry.. but still had a Toyota 2jz in it

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
This made me lol.
It's not a Hyundai. It's a Genesis. Very different. Would you call a Lexus luxury SUV a "Toyota"?
Sorry Bob, but I call my Lexus a Toyota all the time.

Even though it's vastly different than any Toyota offering at the time (V8, RWD), I still call it one.

Brings up the resale value lol.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
That car gurus markdown is something else.. What that tells me is they cannot find anyone to buy it and they will unload it on the first person they can. I looked for the weekly black book values, no data I could find. I wish I could find a car gurus page like that for a GT350 or a GT500.

ArabianOak

Established Member
That car gurus markdown is something else.. What that tells me is they cannot find anyone to buy it and they will unload it on the first person they can. I looked for the weekly black book values, no data I could find. I wish I could find a car gurus page like that for a GT350 or a GT500.
It’s bad. They bought lots of these cars at top dollar last summer and fall and then lots of things went down really quick.

My plaid sells in the high 80s now. I paid 135 last March.

Users who are viewing this thread