2016 M2 vs 2016 5.0.

kaz109

Established Member
A little perspective. The Germans seem to love the cheaper car with more power.

That's not why the love the car. If you were into bmw M cars and the crowd you would know it has nothing to do with it being a cheaper car and more power. That only matters to this crowd (this site,Camaro site etc etc)

BMW guys like the GT350 because it is everything bmw M cars use to be. It does not have electronic steering , it is not turbo charged, it has a high revving NA motor.

That is why they love the car. M car drivers care more the feel and driving dynamics of the car, not lap times ,straight line power or HP like this site.

TERMN8U

Established Member
I don't think its BS. Sure the mustang ran slow in this test. But I think the m2 is going to be faster anyways. honestly the m2 times were not the fastest i have seen. the m2 has a good power curve and is lighter than the mustang. They are great cars from eve thing I have read. I did lots of research on them, we had a deposit for one before we decided against it.

I proclaimed bs because the M2 ran where it should and the 5.0 was .5-.7seconds off its usual test numbers. Those testers love to make the American cars look slow.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
the bmw is automatic and awd = goes good from a dig, the mustang is rwd and manual trans, it would be better race if it was an A6 auto mustang, the trap speed tellls all the mustang has a higher trap speed.

kaz109

Established Member
the bmw is automatic and awd = goes good from a dig, the mustang is rwd and manual trans, it would be better race if it was an A6 auto mustang, the trap speed tellls all the mustang has a higher trap speed.

M2 is not awd.....do your homework

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
That was not a good showing at all. Why didn't they run an auto GT? That M2 looked like it ran a 9 second quarter compared to the GT. M2 runs 12.8 (MT test). GT runs 12.9 (MT test).

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Another thing, that is the M2, right, the best 2 series you can get, right? Is that the best GT you can get? I would like to see impartial, unbiased, non-Euro slanted reporting.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I proclaimed bs because the M2 ran where it should and the 5.0 was .5-.7seconds off its usual test numbers. Those testers love to make the American cars look slow.

I have said that for years. The Euros have been caught, American cars are beating thier asses when you actually compare cars in a more professional unbiased fashion. It's too much to ask for people to be fair.

o2gt

Established Member

I said the mustang was slow in the test. but the m2 is a faster car from everything I have read. even if you normalize the mustang's times, I still think it will be slower.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
watch the other video/ the motor trend 1 of it they explain why the bmw is faster with less horsepower it had better traction, and the bmw is automatic with launch control, the mustang is also heaver they said the bmw wins by default of traction, but on the top end the mustang freight trains it they said by then the race is over its near 1/4 mile it catches up, the higher trap speed in the mustang shows that they have gotten 114mph traps stock out of them .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread