2016 M2 vs 2016 5.0.

sono

Established Member
The Germans are tired of getting beat by cheaper cars.

Transmission and gear ratio is the ticket. The opposite of my Dinan 335.

Average Joe 0 mods I see the appeal, but man extra 10k/ 5.0. "ahhhh" I see mine blessed with twins...

kaz109

Established Member
The Germans are tired of getting beat by cheaper cars.

Transmission and gear ratio is the ticket. The opposite of my Dinan 335.

Average Joe 0 mods I see the appeal, but man extra 10k/ 5.0. "ahhhh" I see mine blessed with twins...

I doubt it was " the Germans are tired of getting beat by cheaper cars" the ppl in the market for a M car aren't going to by a mustang or a Camaro because it has a faster time.

o2gt

Established Member
I don't think its BS. Sure the mustang ran slow in this test. But I think the m2 is going to be faster anyways. honestly the m2 times were not the fastest i have seen. the m2 has a good power curve and is lighter than the mustang. They are great cars from eve thing I have read. I did lots of research on them, we had a deposit for one before we decided against it.

B0B

Established Member
I've driven an M2. Nothing short of phenomenal. It shouldn't even be a comparison its just a completely different car.

72SBC

Established Member
I raced one before, I was barely creeping out on it at 140+. 60-140 it was almost identical to my full exhaust/tune/intake Ls3 car.

sono

Established Member
Listen, I don't want stray off issue, but I'm a family guy who is willing to consider anything with at least 4 seats.
mustang, ctsv, m2, hellcat whatever......

Not in the same class means jack to me. "Go Fast 4 seater has my attention".

Doubt I'm alone in my thinking.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
As someone who is looking into a S550 to buy, is it me or does it seem like ford kind of screwed up on the power of the new cars?

If I remember right, the 11-14 S197 GT's would run consistent high 12's and the V6's were in the high 13's, door to door with the 05-10 GT's.

It seems like the S550 GT is consistent low 13's and the 2.3 ecoboost runs mid 14's.

The hell happened?

Kiohtee

Established Member
As someone who is looking into a S550 to buy, is it me or does it seem like ford kind of screwed up on the power of the new cars?

If I remember right, the 11-14 S197 GT's would run consistent high 12's and the V6's were in the high 13's, door to door with the 05-10 GT's.

It seems like the S550 GT is consistent low 13's and the 2.3 ecoboost runs mid 14's.

The hell happened?

Weight and IRS (again, weight). Lol

Still want a '17 GT in Grabber Blue though.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Weight and IRS (again, weight). Lol

Still want a '17 GT in Grabber Blue though.

The camaro with that 8spd auto is running door to door with a GT350 though.

I'm actually going to check out a 16 OW PP today, literally the only car in the state optioned how I want it. Hopefully it doesn't have jacked up panel gaps.

guarnibl

Established Member
13.4 is pretty terrible though... aren't most magazines seeing the 1/4 in high 12's? Pretty sure the M2 was seeing the same times in magazines as the 5.0.... though DCT as many people have stated along with the weight and power band gives this car a huge helping hand.

Perhaps I'm wrong and low to mid 13's is normal for the 5.0. That seems awfully slow though for a 3700 lb car with over 400 horsepower.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
13.4 is pretty terrible though... aren't most magazines seeing the 1/4 in high 12's? Pretty sure the M2 was seeing the same times in magazines as the 5.0.... though DCT as many people have stated along with the weight and power band gives this car a huge helping hand.

Perhaps I'm wrong and low to mid 13's is normal for the 5.0. That seems awfully slow though for a 3700 lb car with over 400 horsepower.

I think most magazines have been hitting 13.0-13.2's on unprepped surfaces, I see some people at tracks with stock cars going high 12's.

The M2 seems to be good for 12.7's. Hell, a regular 340i X drive is good for high 12's and thats a sedan with 325hp.

guarnibl

Established Member
335/340 are both very fast. I haven't tried running my wife's 335i with the JB4 at the drag strip but it's pretty fast...

I only saw Motor Trend and R&T, which seemed to indicate 12.8/13.0 in the 1/4 for that car. Strange.. I would have expected these cars to get faster in the 1/4 since 2011, but apparently not. My M4 didn't seem all that much faster than the M2 in a straight line (butt dyno).

Users who are viewing this thread