2016 GT350 will be unveiled in September

WolfPackST

Banned
Thats the rumor:

"The time frame falls squarely on the only September event on tap at IMSA — the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge at the Circuit of the Americas track in Austin, Texas on September 19, 2014 from 12:20PM-2:20PM. The national television broadcast of the event will be on September 28 at 12:00PM EDT on Fox Sports."

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Regardless of Travis denying the rumor, it isn't even a likely place for a major automaker to unveil a halo vehicle. Maybe unveil their newest racecar but not a production vehicle. It would be unveiled in a major event like an international car show, like Geneva since it is making its European debut. A race would be more of a follow up showing after it has been unveiled.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This. I feel like everything that comes from the 6G forum is rampant speculation.

Well, I don't feel like it, 90% of the time it's wrong.

I feel the same way. They had a couple things pretty much spot on at the beginning, but 90% of it is pure speculation.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
That's all I'm saying. All this click bait posting it getting old though.

It's really pretty amazing the sheer quantity of wildly incorrect info that's been around about this car being presented as near-certain fact.

I look forward to seeing the reveal of the new 5.8L, 750 hp, Trinity-powered, 3300 lb, Miata-sized 2015 GT500 at the September 19th event! :banana:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's really pretty amazing the sheer quantity of wildly incorrect info that's been around about this car being presented as near-certain fact.

I look forward to seeing the reveal of the new 5.8L, 750 hp, Trinity-powered, 3300 lb, Miata-sized 2015 GT500 at the September 19th event! :banana:

Yep, i can't wait.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wait the GT350 will be a different size than the mustang gt?

DBK you are so wrong. Everyone knows the GT350 is nothing but a replacement for the Boss 302, with maybe a 500hp motor that cost under $50k, and not a replacement for the SVT GT500.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Seems like a odd month for Ford to unveil a new car. In past years Ford has unveiled new Mustangs either in November at the LA Auto Show or in January at NAIAS.

Users who are viewing this thread