2016 Camaro to drop 200 pounds.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Sounds good to me....Like the comment about the 1LE and that they are keeping that "suspension" mindset moving forward. Even some mustangs buddies admit the 1LE is a ton of car for the money. The 6.2 has always been almost spot on numbers wise as the 5.0 so power isnt an issue. Nice to see this!

I will say. I am not top keen on SOOO many new cars not having spare tires.

Branhammer

Established Member
I'll believe it when it happens. Ford said the same thing. I am interested in seeing what the production model is going to look like as well as the price. Some of the concept art I've seen looks VERY 2015 Mustang-ish...

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I'll believe it when it happens. Ford said the same thing. I am interested in seeing what the production model is going to look like as well as the price. Some of the concept art I've seen looks VERY 2015 Mustang-ish...

The ATS turned out to be light as rumored, the 3rd gen CTS is lighter than the 2nd Gen. GM is using a lighter platform for this car, unlike Ford I would bet the farm this car is lighter than the previous Gen.

Branhammer

Established Member
The ATS turned out to be light as rumored, the 3rd gen CTS is lighter than the 2nd Gen. GM is using a lighter platform for this car, unlike Ford I would bet the farm this car is lighter than the previous Gen.

That would be good. Someone needs to end this trend of weight going up and up. Maybe if Chevy does this and it beats the Mustang, Ford will follow suit and lighten the 2017 Mustang. And hopefully GM updates the interior. Right now Camaro is light years behind Mustang and even Challenger.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That would be good. Someone needs to end this trend of weight going up and up. Maybe if Chevy does this and it beats the Mustang, Ford will follow suit and lighten the 2017 Mustang. And hopefully GM updates the interior. Right now Camaro is light years behind Mustang and even Challenger.

It already beats the mustang. PP vs 1LE. If it gets lighter, it'll crush it. But it has gotten real ugly since the 14 makeover.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hopefully they drop the size as well. Would the Camaro still be heavier than a mustang with a 200lb weight drop?

I'll believe it when it happens. Ford said the same thing.

No, they didn't. All the speculators on the internet said it was going to be smaller and lighter, not Ford.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I was 're-watching motortrends comparo of the 15 gt performance pack and the 1le, if I remember correctly they said there was only like a 60 lb difference between the two. Ford better start weight watchers if they want to stay competitive with this next gen camaro.

Branhammer

Established Member
It already beats the mustang. PP vs 1LE. If it gets lighter, it'll crush it. But it has gotten real ugly since the 14 makeover.

I've always said that isn't really a fair comparison because of the price difference. IMO the closest thing to a fair comparison is BASE GT vs BASE SS. Not one option on either. I think the Mustang comes out on top in that comparison.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I've always said that isn't really a fair comparison because of the price difference. IMO the closest thing to a fair comparison is BASE GT vs BASE SS. Not one option on either. I think the Mustang comes out on top in that comparison.

Lol, loser logic.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
That should put it pretty much on par with most comparable Mustang models.

Agreed

To expect some unrealistic curb weight is foolish. This time around, the two cars will likely be very evenly matched, platform wise. They'll be within 100# of each other, which is very close in the grand scheme of things.

Branhammer

Established Member
Lol, loser logic.

Well I'm getting a base, so that logic works for me lol. But that's only because it'll be a DD and the summer tires on the PP would be a bad idea for UT winters. Plus I just don't like driving the Camaros. Feels like I'm in a submarine or something.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wonder if they have addressed the visibility issues? Those cars are a nightmare to drive in traffic compared to the Mustang.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I hope it turns out to be true. The better the 6th gen Camaro ends up, the better the next Mustang will be.

Felix C

Established Member
Following the ATS look then the new Camaro will be fat and stubby looking. High beltline, low roof, narrow glass cupola, etc. And if the artist renderings are correct and the body cladding is not too deep on the spy shots, then basically looking like a smaller brother of the existing Camaro.

Users who are viewing this thread