2016 Camaro SS 455 hp 455 lb ft

vergil

Established Member
Like the title says I think Camaro's numbers are impressive but I couldn't find the weight, what do you guys think?

Are we going to see a major update for 2017 Mustang?

jshen

Established Member
So far two different power numbers have be published by car mags...440 and 455...One is ok the second, 455, shows they have serious interrest in giving a performance boost and even though I love the Mustang and particularly the GT350...I do like the 8 spd tranny and cylinder deactivation. Interior dash seems better and mags posted better visibility...but these are cars for the yound and I ain't...young...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
In an interview with Aaron Link, the lead development engineer for the '16 Camaro, the numbers were reported as 440hp/450tq. I believe those numbers will be accurate.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Base vette numbers, no surprise. Even if it's rated lower I bet it's identical except for the inlet tube.

jshen

Established Member
3000 lbs? Nah- it will weigh in heavier. I do like the motor/trans. combo. Regardless of whether I could fit in the car. Ford needs to add the extra gears in tranny. Gotta see in person on interior, visibility, interior room and such...but thank goodness they got away from old LS3 and 6spd auto...

Riptide

Established Member
Couple hundred lbs. lighter than the outgoing model from what I read. Impressive if true. But yah 3000 no. lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Atleast the interior finally looks decent

I drove a 15 silverado the otherday and for the first time i didnt feel like i was going back 20yrs when i got inside of a chevy

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
To me, the interior on the camaro is still poorly laid out. It has been improved, but needs a long way to go. The 4 pack gauges that you need to look down to view, a mix of round (looks like the door panels have indents to accommodate) and slotted vents, and the stereo still has that weird dual huge knob design. Then of course the lack of rear visibility.

Atleast the interior finally looks decent

I drove a 15 silverado the otherday and for the first time i didnt feel like i was going back 20yrs when i got inside of a chevy

It should look decent, since it is a direct ripoff of the super duty interior with the gauge/info center layout.

assasyn

Established Member
There was a leaked document this week from GM that said its 200 pounds lighter than the 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread