2015 Roush Stage 3 Performance

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Roush Stage 3 Dyno Featured.jpg
Stage Might
The 2015 RS3 puts down mighty impressive power and torque
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Roush Performance

Until now, Roush Performance had held the official performance numbers for its top-of-the-line 2015 Roush Stage 3 Mustang. Based on the potential shown by its Phase 3 aftermarket kits, we knew the numbers would be solid—and they are. Who wouldn’t like to drive off the dealer lot with 670 horsepower and 545 lb-ft of torque? That’s just want proud owners of new RS3s will have on tap.
Continue reading →

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Where are the "performance" numbers. All I read and hear in regards to superchargers on the 2015's is HP and TQ. Means nothing if you can't put it down. Performance numbers mean 0-60, 1/4 Mile, 100-0 etc. Why has no one with a Roush supercharged car or Roush themselves posted a single number in regards to actual performance? I hope I am wrong but my guess is, without a full on drag suspension, these cars wear two crowns. The first is king of the dyno sheet and the second is the king of roll racing. No point in whipping out your giant c*ck to show everyone if it won't get hard. Lets see some damn numbers already Roush, before you ask for the $60k for a stage 3.

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
670 engine hp or rwhp? I'm assuming engine hp since it's plotted on the same graph with 435 for a stock GT. what happened to the 700-800 hp (engine hp?) blue car you wrote an article on about a week ago? that car with drivetrain loss would be near 670 rwhp. hence my confusion.

nicksender

Established Member
Where are the "performance" numbers. All I read and hear in regards to superchargers on the 2015's is HP and TQ. Means nothing if you can't put it down. Performance numbers mean 0-60, 1/4 Mile, 100-0 etc. Why has no one with a Roush supercharged car or Roush themselves posted a single number in regards to actual performance? I hope I am wrong but my guess is, without a full on drag suspension, these cars wear two crowns. The first is king of the dyno sheet and the second is the king of roll racing. No point in whipping out your giant c*ck to show everyone if it won't get hard. Lets see some damn numbers already Roush, before you ask for the $60k for a stage 3.

I agree; no sense is posting all these HP/TQ figures with no performance figures. My guess is these are stiff/road race suspension cars that would be a spin fest without a proper race tire.

I also find it funny that a performance outfit like Roush, as well as many others, show flywheel power #'s for bragging rights; when RWHP/TQ values at the tire are much easier to relate to for a gearhead.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I agree; no sense is posting all these HP/TQ figures with no performance figures. My guess is these are stiff/road race suspension cars that would be a spin fest without a proper race tire.

I also find it funny that a performance outfit like Roush, as well as many others, show flywheel power #'s for bragging rights; when RWHP/TQ values at the tire are much easier to relate to for a gearhead.

Thanks much for the reply. I was beginning to think I was the only one unimpressed with dyno sheets.

Why could the 2013 Stage 3 not out run a standard GT in Car and Driver then Roush said nothing to contradict it? Wouldn't you be all over it if it was your company? Wouldn't you set up track day and film your car maybe even invite people there to see that your car is the real deal? Wouldn't you want to post performance numbers on your new 60K Mustang if it was a legit car?

Someone, anyone prove me wrong. I want to like this car.

Last edited:

Dcrypter

Established Member

Well I can tell you right now that I spin through first and second on the stock rubber, but that happened before the blower too. I can just keep spinning up through third now though, usually with a little wheel hop as I get higher into second and sometimes into third. I have never been a fan of the p zeros on my mustangs though and for some reason ford keeps putting them on there. I will be getting some new rubber soon(if I can decide what I want to buy...) and I'll get the chance to take it to the track and get some times. I will definitely need to get out there soon before it becomes brutally hot and humid down here.

Troponin

Established Member
That torque is low, I'm betting this thing is really, really detuned.

As they always are. Any warranty ROUSH backs will only be for very safe tuning. They have tq management built in out the ass. This is why, for the 2014, there is only a 1 second difference in 0-60 and, of course, ROUSH would never publish official numbers on 1/4 because it would look embarrassing for all that power. I am guessing it might only pick up about 2 tenths of a second.

I will admit, it's 95hp more than the previous year's numbers though, so it's most likely a little faster than the 2014

color me gone

Established Member
Ran mine last weekend
cold track 55*
spun all day best 60' was 2.36 not good
all stock stage 3 400 miles
best 12.4@ 123.67
car pulls a ton , mph tells the story, just got to gat some DR to get it to hook
car is heavy 4100 with me in it @ 230
last weekend of racing up here for the year, just wanted to get out and see what she would do.
Thanxs Nathan

JasinEdward

Established Member
Have you upgraded to the 670hp cal? Or are you still running the 627? I saw a guy on instagram posting 11.3-11.7 at 126-128 on street tires..... I still have yet to run mine, but it's just too hot out here in Florida still...

color me gone

Established Member
I have not used the family voucher that came with it yet so I believe it's only on the 627 tune, only 400 miles on her so I am not trying to knot out the rods yet, the car pulls a ton.
track up here in NH was crap, last weekend of the year and cold as heck, looking forward to next year, and with some DR on her.
good luck with yours and let us know how she go!
Nathan

JasinEdward

Established Member
Nice! I'm just the opposite.... I'm waiting for cooler weather. It's November and 90 degrees...

color me gone

Established Member
Wow 11.2 is impressive , any idea what his 60' was?
i think mine should be as fast, going to have DR on it next time!
mine to is an auto. With 3.55's all stock S3 Roush , if it 60' in 1.7-1.8's it should run a low 11 The mph shows that, oh and mine with me in it was 4100lb!!!
Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread