2015 Roush Stage 3 Performance

65sohc

Established Member
So is it still Back to the Future circa 2005 where forced induction on a Mustang is pointless without drag radials?

inyadreems

Established Member
My Buddies Auto Ran an 11.2 @ 127? MPH.....believe he has a Mild Tune, pretty impressive....!!

I'm thinking about picking up a 16 Stage 3, auto, 3.55's, NAV, Active Exhaust technology and some other goodies, not sure if I should pull the trigger yet. Is his a 15 Stage 3? Who did the tune or was this on the Roush tune? How does he like the car otherwise (handling/ride/steering)?

JasinEdward

Established Member
I'm thinking about picking up a 16 Stage 3, auto, 3.55's, NAV, Active Exhaust technology and some other goodies, not sure if I should pull the trigger yet. Is his a 15 Stage 3? Who did the tune or was this on the Roush tune? How does he like the car otherwise (handling/ride/steering)?

I have a 2015 GT premium auto with the stage 1 kit. I haven't run mine, but there is a guy on instagram with slips posted running 11.2@129 with a 1.7 60'. He has the same setup as mine with an mt82. His runs were on the factory wheels with general gmax all-seasons. I know since then he has been faster (10.8-10.9) while still on street tires. All with the warrantied Roush tune.

I also got to test out an RS3 auto when I was at the Roush engineering center in Michigan. It was a stiffer ride than mine, but that is due to the coil-overs. The active exhaust is really cool. In my opinion the RS3 is one of the fastest stock (if you can call it stock) cars on the road. You will also be able to upgrade to the 727hp tune soon as well as an upcoming stage 3.

His posts are on instagram @ roush_s550 mine are @ roush_5.0_dad

Last edited:

color me gone

Established Member

Well you will have to wait as only 2015's are out right now, Roush has to wait on body's from ford first.
Mine is a 15 stage 3 auto 3.55's nav act. Ex. And some other stuff as well, only have 680 miles on it 3 quarter mile passes too! I luv this car, had a 2013 boss before this different car all toghter , boss was more nimble as it was lighter, less power, the Roush is a pure brute, this new chassis ,independent rear with 670 hp is well don't drive one cause you will buy one, lol, the auto makes it a total driver and makes it easyer to use the low end torck as you are not having to row and find the next gear. The paddle shifters are ok but could bite quicker and a little faster, finding out that putting it in S mode and letting her shift is my out of the garage set up. Well just my early feelings on it and no regrates, going to taco NJ on black fri. For a last chance to see how she will do on some DR's
Go for it if you can! Nathan.....

inyadreems

Established Member
I have a 2015 GT premium auto with the stage 1 kit. I haven't run mine, but there is a guy on instagram with slips posted running 11.2@129 with a 1.7 60'. He has the same setup as mine with an mt82. His runs were on the factory wheels with general gmax all-seasons. I know since then he has been faster (10.8-10.9) while still on street tires. All with the warrantied Roush tune.

I also got to test out an RS3 auto when I was at the Roush engineering center in Michigan. It was a stiffer ride than mine, but that is due to the coil-overs. The active exhaust is really cool. In my opinion the RS3 is one of the fastest stock (if you can call it stock) cars on the road. You will also be able to upgrade to the 727hp tune soon as well as an upcoming stage 3.

His posts are on instagram @ roush_s550 mine are @ roush_5.0_dad

Thanks for the info.

Well you will have to wait as only 2015's are out right now, Roush has to wait on body's from ford first.
Mine is a 15 stage 3 auto 3.55's nav act. Ex. And some other stuff as well, only have 680 miles on it 3 quarter mile passes too! I luv this car, had a 2013 boss before this different car all toghter , boss was more nimble as it was lighter, less power, the Roush is a pure brute, this new chassis ,independent rear with 670 hp is well don't drive one cause you will buy one, lol, the auto makes it a total driver and makes it easyer to use the low end torck as you are not having to row and find the next gear. The paddle shifters are ok but could bite quicker and a little faster, finding out that putting it in S mode and letting her shift is my out of the garage set up. Well just my early feelings on it and no regrates, going to taco NJ on black fri. For a last chance to see how she will do on some DR's��
Go for it if you can! Nathan.....

Thanks for the info, sounds like an awesome car. Had my guy check with Roush and they have 2 16 chassis at the moment, one in magnetic metallic which is one of my color choices. Close to puling the trigger.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Good info here. My car may be totaled, I should find out in the next 24 hours. If so, i'm leaning towards the Stage 3.

I'm calling Roush this afternoon to ask about the process of buying and about the Phase 2 engine tune that they just announced.

color me gone

Established Member
M
Good info here. My car may be totaled, I should find out in the next 24 hours. If so, i'm leaning towards the Stage 3.

I'm calling Roush this afternoon to ask about the process of buying and about the Phase 2 engine tune that they just announced.

Sorry on your loss, stage 3 Roush all the way, 700 miles on mine and I luv it.
Going to put the Phase 2 up grade on it soon.
Got mine at Fords of Mufreesboro in Tn, awesome place to talk and deal with, ask for Ryan Gretext, he is your Roush connection, bought mine unseen and they shipped to my door, no worries and delivered perfect on time.
Give them a call and tell them Nathan sent ya, worth looking at them if you go that way. Good luck Nathan...

color me gone

Established Member
Well I went to the drags down in NJ on Black Friday, only change other than all stock Roush Stage 3 was a set of DR,s Wow what a ride, went [email protected] and then went 11.33 @122.76. Best 60' was 1.71 others were high 1.79, car was awesome left it in D and let it shift it self. I know with the phase 2 kit in it she will go in the TENs!!! 4100lbs with me in it,
Got to luv the performance of this Roush Ford and all the creature comforts that go with it.
oh and I drove it 4 hours to and from the track and was getting 23.5 mpg going 75-80 mph

color me gone

Established Member
^those are great et's for the mph! What rear gear do you have? Congrats, keep going back!

Well thanks, yes I think with a 1.71 60' at 4100 lb stock A6 and stock converter is outstanding and a high mph for that ET, I did get the car with the 3.55 rear gear opt. Well for this year we are done racing up here in the north east, next year I well go with the Roush Phase 2 upgrade and have it pro. Tuned and a goal to put it in the tens!!!,
Thanks Nathan

inyadreems

Established Member
I contacted Roush and here is the response: To utilize the Phase 2 supercharger, you will need to have your PCM reflashed. This almost always void the factory warranty from Ford. However, An optional 3 year/36,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty is available, which is for 3 years or 36,000 miles from the original vehicle in service date from Ford.

MNCobra

Established Member
i will be adding the phase 2 kit to mine next year when i am back in the states...i am sure it will be all the power i need...

Last edited:

color me gone

Established Member
Color me, I saw your passes at Atco, Nice! And this coming Saturday Cecil County in Maryland is open, bunch of Northeast Stangs going!! 65 and Sunny!

Yes Sir, thanks.
well I wanted to go BUT work work work came first.
how did you make out?
Thanks for the heads up, definitely will hook up next year, with you guys
Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread