2015 Mustang Jack Points

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I've gone through the manual and Googled around but havent found anything on the best jack/jackstand points for the S550. Anyone got any info or illustrations for those of us who dont have a lift?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
You can jack it up by the pumpkin but where do you put the stands? There is no more nice big axle back there.

Husker

Established Member
I have a tight garage. I will be using a floor jack, then place 4 jack stands under it...Would love/need to know the safest procedure to, well, not worry about killing myself or damaging the vehicle.

So, please humor me with the best place to jack & then place stands.

BMR Tech

^ I agree

We just built some prototype jacking rails yesterday - hope they are available soon! ;)

jdcobra

Established Member
How would one do it without the jacking pads without damaging anything?

BMR Tech

We have just been using the pinch welds. They are holding up fine.

Here is a pic that kinda shows our jacking rails. I should have some better ones soon. Or, I should say, ones I can share.

10846273_848871498468567_439289253882756500_n.jpg

Last edited:

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Bump, so everyone who has put their car up on jack stands and dont have fancy pads or rails, what did you do?

Anthony K

Established Member
Look around the rear cradle. There are quite a few spots.

The front is the same. Look at the long rear bars off the K member, for lack of a better word, not really a k anymore

jdcobra

Established Member
I've just used a piece of wood about a foot long and thinner than a 2x4. I place in the middle of the car on the pinch wield and jack the car up like that allowing to get two jack stands under one side at a time. Hasn't messed anything up

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
For the rear I ended up using some soft shop towels and created a nice cushion for my jack to lift by the pumpkin. I really couldnt find a better solution without having jack pads for the pinch welds.

Users who are viewing this thread