11928877_940109049394989_319961526_o.jpg

***EDIT***

Finally got the car out to the track...

[video=youtube;mp6qXgDAhhA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6qXgDAhhA[/video]

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
what size snails?

I know of a car that made the same numbers on the smaller turbos (55s?) with E-85 on low boost.

Kryckter

Established Member
what size snails?

I know of a car that made the same numbers on the smaller turbos (55s?) with E-85 on low boost.

It has the 55's. I only know of one that made 700rwhp on 7lbs...

The few other people that are making 800+rwhp (including Hellion's shop car) with the kit are needing 12-13 lbs as well on E85 to get the numbers...

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
It has the 55's. I only know of one that made 700rwhp on 7lbs...

The few other people that are making 800+rwhp (including Hellion's shop car) with the kit are needing 12-13 lbs as well on E85 to get the numbers...

car made 798, and as I stated was on E-85. On 11 PSI I believe :beer:

Kryckter

Established Member
car made 798, and as I stated was on E-85. On 11 PSI I believe :beer:

I dunno if I would call that low boost. But its all in the same ball park. I needed a load dyno. In the logs and on the graph you can see it falling off on the top end. If it had a load dyno I bet it would have made 25+ more rwhp up top. :coolman:

All dynos are different, just using that to get an idea. The real test and fun is when I get it back the drag strip :burnout:

Zemedici

Established Member
I dunno if I would call that low boost. But its all in the same ball park. I needed a load dyno. In the logs and on the graph you can see it falling off on the top end. If it had a load dyno I bet it would have made 25+ more rwhp up top. :coolman:

All dynos are different, just using that to get an idea. The real test and fun is when I get it back the drag strip :burnout:

absolutely. :beer: I bet the cars fun, we were going to put the hellion kit on my girls car instead of the Whipple 2.9 she got, but Turbos have more 'quirks', and we felt the Whipple would be better suited for her. If it were my car, I'd go with Hellion for the money.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great numbers. If you take it to the track, post up a video if possible. :burnout:

Zemedici

Established Member
Stock OPG. I believe the 15' have the same issue. I don't know if turbo cars have the problem like a supercharged setup do.

They wont, because there's not near as much stress on the crank. One reason we didn't pulley my girls car down (she's got a whipple 2.9)

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
One guy on FB said his buddies lasted over 100 passes at the track at like 20+ psi until the engine grenaded and I mean everything blew up, nothing salvageable.

Users who are viewing this thread