2015 Hellion Twin install pics and review

K3nMasters

Established Member
What exhaust do you have?

I have a Gibson cat-back, which is a complete bolt-on setup and was wondering what I would need to modify to adapt the Hellion downpipes. I'm hoping the downpipes end exactly where the factory headers end. I'm planning on picking up a Hellion kit as soon as the fiancee signs off on the idea! LOL

lobe50

Subscribing...Was also thinking of the Whipple as I have had good experiences in the past, BUT this is very interesting...

Any idea on price of kit, and HP/Tq numbers??

Turbosixx

Established Member
What exhaust do you have?

I have a Gibson cat-back, which is a complete bolt-on setup and was wondering what I would need to modify to adapt the Hellion downpipes. I'm hoping the downpipes end exactly where the factory headers end. I'm planning on picking up a Hellion kit as soon as the fiancee signs off on the idea! LOL

I have an MBRP street. I had to cut the h pipe where it reduces down to 2.5" to keep the exhaust 3" from the downpipes back.

Dyno numbers are coming next week. 9 psi of boost.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Car made 539/541 on TSS's stingy mustang dyno. Gate pressure (5 psi) alone, installing a boost controller next. Daniel at TSS is the effing man. The tune is dead on, shifts are perfect. Drivability is like stock.

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
I can't wait for mine to come in, I ordered the 55's also. Hellion is now saying 3 more weeks :(

Turbosixx

Established Member
Nice man, Yeah get that BC installed and lets see what she puts down next. :)

I'm not big on dyno numbers, I know some guys like looking at that. Plan is to creep the boost up a few pounds and work on getting it down the track.

I've had a few different low 10 sec cars before, this car feels pretty close to that.

olaosunt

Established Member
I ordered mine for my auto through BBR.
Can't wait it either.
if it is going to be 3 weeks I may have my manual with on3 back by then .
Both are going to be 55's so it will be interesting to compare.
I am glad I decided on TT on both cars after considering the whipple for the auto
I am not sure I would have been happy with low torque number I have been seeing with PD blowers
on the 15's despite the high power levels.

How quickly does it spool ? How is the lag.?
Any chance of posting the dyno graphs?
Any track times yet or soon?

Turbosixx

Established Member
Here's a video from a 45 mph roll.
[video=youtube;GKAXOHTgYlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAXOHTgYlE[/video]

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
and the dyno pull……

[video=youtube;OEsZwxk8QYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEsZwxk8QYM[/video]

chevpwr

Established Member
Those people with the 2015 Hellion twin kit, did you have an aftermarket cat-back before you installed, if so how much more quite was it after you installed the turbos? I'm hoping it will quiet mine down some, it's a little to loud right now. I guess if nothing else I'll put some resonators after the x-pipe.

Last edited:

esacteksab

Established Member
Those people with the 2015 Hellion twin kit, did you have an aftermarket cat-back before you installed, if so how much more quite was it after you installed the turbos? I'm hoping it will quiet mine down some, it's a little to loud right now. I guess if nothing else I'll put some resonators after the x-pipe.

I'm actually thinking about ditching the catback and running true duals.

Turbosixx

Established Member
So what were the final numbers and boost?

Those are the final numbers, lol. I might add a couple of pounds of boost.

+1
Anybody have track times yet?

Won't any time soon. I absolutely despise the summer heat and have no interest in going to the track and sweat my balls off.

I've had several fast cars ranging from 10.90's to 9.60's.... This car hits hard and should easily run in the sub 10.50 range.

Users who are viewing this thread