2015 Hellion Twin install pics and review

Turbosixx

Established Member
I've always preferred turbos over any other forced induction. Cut my teeth on the fox body then moved on to GN's (hence the screen name). Finally back in a turbo car, twin turbo that is.

I've previously had a TVS and Paxton on my other coyotes. Both were nice, both had their pros and cons. I was planning on something different with the 2015 so I was looking into the Whipple. After seeing the release pics of the new Hellion Twin Turbo kit i was very interested in going that route. Made a call to John at Hellion and I really liked what he had to say about the kit. Still not convinced I decided to call Chris at BBR to get his thoughts on the tune (he tunes for Hellion). Again, I liked what Chris had to say about tuning for the twins. So I decided to pull the trigger and purchased it through BBR. They've been great to deal with, by the way.

I put down a deposit and the long want began. The kit wasn't released yet, but every time I called Hellion and BBR I was given an update. After around a month, tracking numbers were emailed and the kit was delivered shortly after.

Here's how it was delivered. Hellion does a nice job fitting everything in the boxes. Every part is labeled and separated in bags. You won't be scratching your head trying to figure out what something is.

9D5E3C9D-3DDF-40ED-AFFA-ADA794E1C65E.jpg

The intercooler and the turbos were shipped separately. Everything arrived within a day or so from each other.

Here's some pics of the install:

Driver's side header removed. Not a hard job at all. Also very easy to remove the sound tube after the header is off.

1045D8AC-FA09-4AE6-AB9B-F98EE3034ABF.jpg

Removed the front bumper cover. There are two screws in the upper corners of the cover that are very hard to get to.

C204B2BE-F1B6-4306-A5E9-B9A4B9C74131.jpg

Oil drain for the driver's side turbo. Drilling and tapping the pan is not as bad as it sounds.

376E74B2-E2FB-4607-9CB4-2B82EC0CDFB7.jpg

Turbos being installed

46E7E7D6-5D6B-4B1A-A19C-C0C9AF0E38CE.jpg

Downpipe installed.

FF480E5E-0EC3-4A5E-A1A9-B02C7F86E559.jpg

Exhaust

268309CC-8939-423D-979E-234CE57F3A03.jpg

Intercooler mounted.

206E9C19-8C45-4225-BB4A-04E3B37E2E90.jpg

131DB419-73AA-4232-8511-3F4FDDABE01D.jpg

Finished product

817BED10-9BF7-48ED-A0B8-905948721324.jpg

Obviously theres more to the install. Overall it took myself and a friend a weekend to install the kit. I already had the header removed and heat tape required to protect wiring done.
The instructions were pretty much dead on. There were moments where we thought something was not going to fit, but after looking at it again we realized it was us not the kit. There are a lot components in this kit and every single piece fit properly. There were zero alignment issues. This speaks volumes as far as turbo kits go.
Every part of this kit is high quality. High quality V band clamps are used throughout the system. Precision Turbos and waste gates are used as well. Turbosmart blow off valves are included. The intercooler is a work of art. Looks good behind the grill. Hellion includes everything needed to install the kit. Nuts, bolts, wire ties, heat tape, exhaust wrap, tap, punch, EVERYTHING.

Hellion's customer service is second to none. I've spoken to the owner (John) several different times. He's very knowledgeable and stands behind his product. He even called me to tell me about a revision they made. I would not hesitate to deal with Hellion again in the future.

Overall I'm very satisfied how the kit turned out. Drivability is nearly like stock. I'm waiting on word back from the data logs I sent, but I have not went WOT yet. I did stay into it long enough to feel some boost and I pretty sure it will be a beast.

blownstang01

Established Member
Great info. I'm looking forward to your review on driveability, etc. I'm interested in this kit, but for the money I really want in to drive like factory and the tunes for these cars seem to be a challenge. Nice Work.

Turbosixx

Established Member
The car drives damn near like stock. The turbos are pretty much non existent until you spool them up. Made a few wot pulls today, very smooth and pulls hard. Very happy with it so far.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Around 28 hours to install it. We took our time though. I could do it in half the time if I did it again.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
HAve to say thats a nice looking install when finished. The placement and fit looks really good. I think if I ran a 5.0 I would be looking at this vs the whipple setup. In truth it would probably be this kit because lets face it.....Its always cool to go, "Oh its a twin turbo setup" Bloody O....the cool factor with that just starts off at 8 on a 10 scale....

Interested to see what kind of power it puts down and what it can run at the track !

olaosunt

Established Member
Track times?
I have not seen any yet?
Hoping BBR does a sale this Memorial Day weekend(Hoping for 10% off).
I also still have the stock headers off my 2012 so may be they can discount the kit since I won't need a manifold.
Lol

Users who are viewing this thread