2015 heads making 600 rwhp N/A possible?

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Couldn't find anyone talking about this so firque I would start a Thread. I currently have a coyote swap mystic that I plan on keeping N/A. With the new 2015 heads specs revealed.......high ports, bigger intake & exhaust valves and more material to port then the boss heads..........Is it possible we will have a head that could push us to that seemingly impossible 600 rwhp N/A number. This is assuming we are on a stock short block with 2015 ported heads, custom cams, ported cobra jet intake , monoblade tb, longtubes into full 3 inch exhuast, 5 inch CAI and FTW fuel. Any thoughts?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Has anyone broken 500rwhp with the 11-14 5.0's? 600 might be too much of a stretch. Boss heads are every good. Even with the new heads being an improvement I don't know that the gains will be that big over the Boss heads.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
oh ya

Has anyone broken 500rwhp with the 11-14 5.0's? 600 might be too much of a stretch. Boss heads are every good. Even with the new heads being an improvement I don't know that the gains will be that big over the Boss heads.
Lot of people have broken 500, highest I have seen with stock short block is 525 rwhp and JPC has hit 550 rwhp with a 5.2 stroker and it had a boss intake no cobra jet intake. Still think there is room on the table. I won't hope so I don't have to add a power adder and still be competative.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Lot of people have broken 500, highest I have seen with stock short block is 525 rwhp and JPC has hit 550 rwhp with a 5.2 stroker and it had a boss intake no cobra jet intake. Still think there is room on the table. I won't hope so I don't have to add a power adder and still be competative.

I don't think the heads are going to make a 75rwhp difference in the case of a stock short block. I would love to be proven wrong though! I am really interested in the new flat plane crank coyote in the upcoming 350. That engine will most certainly have 600rwhp potential.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Hey ya

I don't think the heads are going to make a 75rwhp difference in the case of a stock short block. I would love to be proven wrong though! I am really interested in the new flat plane crank coyote in the upcoming 350. That engine will most certainly have 600rwhp potential.
Hell ya hopefully we get heads and a new intake we can use on the 5.0 coyote. If nothing else the 2015 heads will be mass produced and possibly be cheaper then the boss cnc ported heads are. I am gonna try for 600 rwhp found out the other day that I can fit a cobra jet intake under my stock 96 cobra hood with a little trimming and some kmember spacers so I am defintaly sticking with n/a the hood would of cost me 1600 for a painted mystic cowl hood.

Brian Z.

Established Member
Just not sure the stock block would take that for very long because you will need to spin it very high to get to 600. Be cool if someone does it though on a stock block.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
In the process of trying. Just going to take time and money. Also my dam built trans just shitted 3rd gear so that will be a set back it didn't like 7000 rpm plus repeated shifts apparently. I am going with full 3inch on the car after I take the trans out of the car. I made 453 at the wheels with 2 1/2 (some areas press bent to 2 to fit) exhaust when I had the cobra jet intake, gt500, 2010 cold air set up. So looking for a solid increase from 3 inch, monoblade tb, and ford racing cold air. If I can get to 500 with just external bolt ons no cams I think it may be possible. I have been dynoing about 20 hp higher then if the motor was in a 2011 or higher mustang. Less drivetrain loss i guess. We will see this will be a 3 year project in Hawaii. I will be taking the trans out as soon as my truck gets to the island in about 3 weeks. Biggest problem out here is the heat, my IATs are pretty high also finding a dyno that is not a heart breaker. Dynoed the car in Virginia on a eddy current dyno before I left, as is with long tubes, JLT, 4.30 and 93 octane tune did 418 hp and 400 tq. Dynoed it here in hawaii at a shop with a dynojet and only did 392 hp and 367 tq. Granted it was 102 degrees in the shop and the humidity was do high I could of wring out a gallon of sweat from my shirt. Dyno numbers are really for tuning purpose only but god dam that dynojet was a heartbreaker. There was a camaro before us not sure of the exact mods but knew it had a cam and a vortech and it barely did 500. My bodies brand new subrau wrx full bolt ons 21 psi on did 291. So I am going to use it as a gauge for bolt ons gains but for numbers will proably go to well known shop and have it dynoed again when i get off the island. Out in mexico the car was on the back bumper of a C6 Z06 that had full bolt ons. So I fell pretty good about that.

Last edited:

twistedneck

Established Member
392hp - 367 tq. thats your new baseline learn to accept it as you said its just a base datum and you will base everything off of it.

there is no way they will get 75HP from the new heads, 10-15 on avg, probably 30HP if you spin it to the moon. its not like they missed something big when designing the boss heads, they went with only 193cc intake runners for a very good reason - they wanted a big fat torque curve.

the only major change was the valve size increase and that is tiny, not to mention the raised ports, have you seen that they are already rasied? its not like they were horrible ports before and they elevated them, these are a tiny tuning increment.

also, the 13mm cam is an attempt to claw back lost hp from the less efficient exhaust IMO (no facts) and much lower hood. but looking at the crushed #8 cylinder header tube and the 90 degree turns in the exhuast, the engineers had their hands full.

these are only 5.0L engines, so the 5.2L mod is the biggest one IMO, thats my next change - MMR or RGR 94mm bores w Darton sleeves. Not sure but the SVT might be 5.2 to 5.7L in size i highly doubt the 5.7 because they are looking for rpm, like the NA porsche that was a big directional beacon for them.

all of what im saying is just rumor but the heads are not that much different.

Voltwings

Established Member
The real question is with the lower hood line will a Cobra Jet Esque type manifold even fit? Going to be interesting to see the route the SVT model takes...

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
hopefully we get a revised cobra jet intake or gt 350 specific intake. I would love it I bearly fit my JLT on my swap car

ford20

Established Member

If things go according to plan it is possible that a member might be north of the 550 mark after they are done with their engine build. That is something to look at and consider IMO.

392hp - 367 tq. thats your new baseline learn to accept it as you said its just a base datum and you will base everything off of it.

there is no way they will get 75HP from the new heads, 10-15 on avg, probably 30HP if you spin it to the moon. its not like they missed something big when designing the boss heads, they went with only 193cc intake runners for a very good reason - they wanted a big fat torque curve.

the only major change was the valve size increase and that is tiny, not to mention the raised ports, have you seen that they are already rasied? its not like they were horrible ports before and they elevated them, these are a tiny tuning increment.

also, the 13mm cam is an attempt to claw back lost hp from the less efficient exhaust IMO (no facts) and much lower hood. but looking at the crushed #8 cylinder header tube and the 90 degree turns in the exhuast, the engineers had their hands full.

these are only 5.0L engines, so the 5.2L mod is the biggest one IMO, thats my next change - MMR or RGR 94mm bores w Darton sleeves. Not sure but the SVT might be 5.2 to 5.7L in size i highly doubt the 5.7 because they are looking for rpm, like the NA porsche that was a big directional beacon for them.

all of what im saying is just rumor but the heads are not that much different.

Any reason as to why you aren't considering the Livernois Big bore block?

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
If things go according to plan it is possible that a member might be north of the 550 mark after they are done with their engine build. That is something to look at and consider IMO.

Any reason as to why you aren't considering the Livernois Big bore block?
Would be nice if money was not an issue.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Hell ya super excited to see how it turns out.

Isn't that the truth haha! It looks like he is going to be using the stock Boss 302 heads as well so hopefully he can get the car back and show us what kind of numbers he is making.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1018342-CJ-SCJ-CAMS-etc
Please let us know how it does. So was reading a thread that confirmed the new 5.2 L vodoo motor. Now we know that the rumor is that it is a flat crank but there may be a chance for the heads to swap to the 5.0 as well as a revised svt intake that may fit due to the new lower hood line. You will probably be able to fit the cobra jet intake with drop motor mounts. Gonna be sweet. 600 rwhp n/a here we come. I am currently waiting on a new 6 speed for my swap and some 3 inch exhaust (from 2-2 1/2) to see the difference on the dyno hoping to pick up 20 hp with a retune from AED. May be doing a ported cobra jet set up after that. Then will be happy to spend money on some bad ass heads from the new cars with cams to make a stab at 600 rwhp.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member

Just for reference stage 3 comp cam, ported stock heads w/ boss valvetrain, CJ IM, SCJ Monoblade, LT, O/R X, E85, Rev Auto tuned. Stock clutch and flywheel, stock driveshaft, stock water pump was also not done in the best air. I think this car is capable of 575/450+ with aluminum flywheel, carbon drive shaft, Meziere EWP, and FTW Purple.

Attachments

• sick h:c:i 5.0.jpg
    sick h:c:i 5.0.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 861
Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Just for reference stage 3 comp cam, ported stock heads w/ boss valvetrain, CJ IM, SCJ Monoblade, LT, O/R X, E85, Rev Auto tuned. Stock clutch and flywheel, stock driveshaft, stock water pump was also not done in the best air. I think this car is capable of 575/450+ with aluminum flywheel, carbon drive shaft, Meziere EWP, and FTW Purple.

I don't see those additional mods collectively netting 50rwhp. All they are doing is cutting down parasitic loss which usually don't see much if any gains on the dyno. Although the electric water pump might pick up a few. When you say air do you mean outside ambient temperature or the elevation? Obviously both contribute but it may not make a huge difference depending. Those numbers are still very impressive regardless. I bet that car flies.

twistedneck

Established Member
Agreed, the water pump will help and the fuel adds a lot but 50hp is a ton. The mods you are talking about absolutely will make the car accelerate more quickly but not increase hp. That's why hp discussions unless done on an sae certified avl type dyno are not relevant from one dyno to the next.

Use as a compare tool only on that one dyno. Go to track see how it runs, mod, repeat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread