2015 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R - Jay Leno's Garage

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Great video and breakdown on the GT350R with Jamal Hameed and Leno. Not new information but still a great video.

[video=youtube;WYU94CB7RO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYU94CB7RO0[/video]

IMO, this is clearly the best looking Mustang produced to date.

phoenix64

Established Member
Did anyone else notice Jay's comment about Quad Cam's being unthinkable in a mustang 20 years ago?

I guess there's just no love for the old 4.6L

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I as well. If only I had some spare cash. LOL. What a car! Doesn't get much better IMO.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome video. You can tell Jay was really excited about the car.
I would love a R car. The thought of trading/selling my '13 RS3 for a GT350R has crossed my mind more than once.

Rct851

Established Member
It's an amazing car. It's a track monster. It's built to be balanced and a drivers car..... But, lol. The awkward hesitation when leno asked him what it does in the 1/4made me chuckle a little cause the guy knows it sounds really weak saying it goes 12

I've never been on a drag strip in my life and really don't care but let's not act like it's not a useable performance metric.... But butt hole is ready

Sirraf

Established Member
That car in black with red stripes would be pure sex

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Notice the overspray on the hood latch. Too bad so many of the 2015/2016 350's and 350R had manufacturing issues. Hopefully the 2017MY gets it all ironed out (Ford said they would).

Beautiful car, love it.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Love the idea and looks of the car. And is a great car for its segment.

But ...... Give me more powaaaa!!! My bolt on Gt can beat this thing in a 1/4 mile. I'm the dumb American that cruises to car shows and occasionally drag strip runs, talk $hit about hp and 1/4 mile times. Can't wait for the next gt500.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Love the idea and looks of the car. And is a great car for its segment.

But ...... Give me more powaaaa!!! My bolt on Gt can beat this thing in a 1/4 mile. I'm the dumb American that cruises to car shows and occasionally drag strip runs, talk $hit about hp and 1/4 mile times. Can't wait for the next gt500.

"Bolt on" GT. So "bolt on" some parts on the GT350 and problem solved too. ;). While it's quite obvious Ford wasn't aiming for a 1/4 car like the GT500, I'm willing to bet that it has the perfect balance for actually usable power. No point having extra power that can't be put to the ground efficiently.

I think it's pretty interesting that Ford doesn't plan on using this engine for any other platforms which makes you wonder how long they plan on using it in the Shelby GT lineup. I'd imagine for awhile since I'm sure there was a whole lot of R&D put into it. So with that said... maybe we will see it in a different powered configuration later.

Users who are viewing this thread