2015 CAD images

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
So Ford wants to steer away from the retro look but keeps the faux gas cap... But then again this is just another rendering. IMO the rear of the real car is going to be a surprise to is. We can pretty much guess what the front is going to look like but there aren't many spy shots of the rear

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I guessing that is a V6 model render. I would say the GT and GT*** will be much more aggressive looking.

fake

Established Member
Looks very boring. Looks to much like the current generation from the side (minus the rear 1/4 panel window).

Something about it just doesn't look right.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Just based on the spy shots the front opening is too large (especially the upper outer edges), lights are a little more slanted; the grill material sits further into the opening. Also, because the upper opening is too large it’s causing the lower to appear to wide and a little too tall. Lastly, the outside edge of the center section of the hood has more drop where the inside edge of headlights start. Because of all this it loses the aggressive look the leaked photos had of it appearing to have fangs in the upper grill.

americansteel

Banned
the head lights have to go! the rear end needs a drastic redesign. the wheels need to be 16" front and back. I like the grabber blue color. how ever the roof line and rear quarter windows wont look nothing like that. the rocker panels I normally don't like because ford makes them too big and bulgy but the narrow small rocker covers play well on this rendering.
drop the rear 3 bar lights and pony emblems this could be a 2 door fusion. a car that would be aimed at other brands! this just doesn't seem mustang to me.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Sharing this quick Photoshop I did. I think it looks pretty sick...

image-176006111414_zps3c47caca.jpg~original

mtrsprt

Established Member
If it looks like that CAD rendering, I will NOT purchase one. I will pick up a 2006-2007 SL55 or SL65 and be done with domestics.

BossAnaki

Established Member
The roof line and quarter window looks very much like the G37 or like alot of import sport coupes. If thats what Ford thinks buyers want then they're going to alienate the core fan base that have kept this car in the market all these years. Just because the car has a horse on it and they market it as a mustang doesn't make it so.

chuckstang

Established Member
i am baffled by why Ford is trying to change the styling...

Never have I come across anyone that hates the styling of prior year Mustangs, particularly the retro 05+ cars.

The Porsche 911 has looked identical since its inception with small changes just to keep it fresh but I just dont understand why you cant continue that same idealogy with the Mustang...

Please, someone enlighten me

BossAnaki

Established Member
i am baffled by why Ford is trying to change the styling...

Never have I come across anyone that hates the styling of prior year Mustangs, particularly the retro 05+ cars.

The Porsche 911 has looked identical since its inception with small changes just to keep it fresh but I just dont understand why you cant continue that same idealogy with the Mustang...

Please, someone enlighten me

I completely agree. The over all design of the 911 has been the same since 1964. The same year the Mustang was introduced. Yet you you have people stating that the 05+ styling is antiquated and bash it. It seems everyone wants the mustang to be something it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread