2015 BMW M4 with a mild tune - 11.52 @ 120 - not bad for an inline 6

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
That sounds so terrible. WOT sounds like a 60 degree GM V6. 2.8/3.1 with the muffler hanging off.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I lime how you say "not bad for an inline 6"... inline sixes are known for making insane power... all of them lol.

Extremite

Established Member
Arguably the best engine layout on the planet: Check. One of the best engine manufacturers on the planet: Check. Boosted from the factory and just asking for a more aggressive tune: Check.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for fast.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Pretty sure these have been posted for some time now. Trap speed looks a tad bit low

mystickb1996

Established Member
Moves but sounds bad. A guy just picked up an m4 in my complex and it's got some aftermarket exhaust that probably cost 2500-3k and sounds so damn bad. Reminds me of a soup can on a Honda. Damn thing shifts fast though and looks killer.

Extremite

Established Member
A good exhaust on my E36 costs around $1100 or so...so yeah, $3k for a new M4 sounds about right. Lol. Parts costs are the biggest reason I quit modding BMW's and bought a fox body.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Two very small turbos making 19psi on a 3.0. Still impressive. Not quite 2JZ levels of impressive but it is still pretty damned good.

Yeah and the 2JZ is what? 20+ year technology? I'm honestly not impressed. You can make anything go fast with a couple turbos. Regardless if theyre small, take them off and see how it runs na. I just would of expected more out of it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's quick for sure, but I gotta say I'm not impressed, either. Nineteen pounds of boost is a lot. At least it is for supercharged cars. Maybe that's low boost for a turbo. :shrug: How much power is it making?

Extremite

Established Member
It's quick for sure, but I gotta say I'm not impressed, either. Nineteen pounds of boost is a lot. At least it is for supercharged cars. Maybe that's low boost for a turbo. :shrug: How much power is it making?

Larger engines require less boost to make similar power. That is a lot of boost on a big V8 or V10, not really a lot on a small I6. Think about how much boost it will take a Honda 4 banger to make 400 at the tires.

Not sure who did the tune on this particular car but they make around 425 off the showroom floor. (However there are reports of bone stock cars making close to that at the wheels once they get put on the dyno.)

mrlrd1

Established Member
Arguably the best engine layout on the planet: Check. One of the best engine manufacturers on the planet: Check. Boosted from the factory and just asking for a more aggressive tune: Check.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for fast.

Too bad that recipe doesn't include reliability. They're worse than a turbo rotary. Which brings me back to your second point. They are NOT one of the best manufacturers on the planet. I've yet to see ANY BMW go more than two years since assembly without an oil leak,

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ How many BMWs have you seen that haven't gone "more than two years since assembly without an oil leak"?

I like this 2015 M4 a lot. A couple of guys here own one.

Users who are viewing this thread