2015 Base GT.3 days old and buyers remorse already!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you should have waited till you deployed, then got one throughout military sales .. they beat my x-plan by a grand when I bought my focus through them

hailstate94

Established Member
LOL at you rich people worrying about leather and I'm over here praying that I can scrape together enough money to get a new edge once I get out of college

olaosunt

Established Member
you should have waited till you deployed, then got one throughout military sales .. they beat my x-plan by a grand when I bought my focus through them

I know of the BMW military sales(I had considering ordering the M3 instead) and heard there was a Ford program but could not find any info when I searched.
Too late now but do you have a link?.....Just in case ...because GT350.
lol.
Took some crappy photos as I test fit my "left over wheels" from the Shelby.I have had the OEM SVTPP 20 inch wheels I had widened to 11 inches wrapped in 305/35 Mickey thompsons DR- 28.4 tall- in the back and matching(well almost) Ford racing 19x9 with 265/40 good years in front-27.4 tall.
The tall tires close the wheel gap in the back nicely but there is still too much gap in the front IMO. My Steeda lowing springs have shipped and should be here on Tuesday. I think I will just do the front first and see what it looks like(I like a rake).
I thought a wheel with a more aggressive offset in the rear would help as the SVT wheels despite being widened are still tucked in just a bit so I decided to test fit a set of TSW 's. I think the rear 18x9.5 wheels have a 25 mm offset and they always poke out just a bit on my 12 with 305/45 NTOR's.They are even taller at 28.9 so I thought they would be perfect visually.
I am not sure they work, as even though they poke out less than they do on the 12, the color is wrong on the magnetic.The car does drive nicer on the 18's but the tires are noisy(I have the non drag radial NT555 up front).I will see what they look like after the car is lowered(they may rub) but so far the SVT/Ford racing wheels look best in my IMO but they are much heavier than the TSW, especially the widened wheels .

The taller wheels also make my effective gear ration less than 3.31 so I will likely use the 19x10 Ford racing wheels(the matching rear for the fronts) wrapped in 305/35 Mickey thompsons(27.9 per MT-but per calculator 27.4 and exact height of stock).
I may use the stock wheels for a winter set up .

I see now that I can active a "sport mode" for stability control by double tapping the Traction control button(like you can on the 12).Some are claiming that will also affect throttle response so effectively giving you a "sport mode" like on the premium.
I will try it out tomorrow and see.
My Bama tune is also done so looking forward to that.Not sure when my Gibson exhaust is shipping but I hope soon.
I am sure once I do these bolts on's I will be loving my base car even more!.

Looking forward to what is unveiled 11/17.
Since it is likely(or certain) the GT350 will be a "track oriented car" and all about handling and not much extra POWAH-aka high revving N/A(been there with my 2009 M3 and was not that much fun running mid 13's at the drag strip) then this base may definitely be a keeper and may get a TT turbo kit...unless there is TT GT500 first(which I probably can't afford)

IMG_0717_zps6aa6ef92.jpg

IMG_0721_zpsee4b73bd.jpg
IMG_0722_zpse787a824.jpg
IMG_0723_zpse16bc6c9.jpgIMG_0728_zps922c9dc3.jpg
8ee58da2-d086-4657-991b-217b843f7049_zps8500c906.jpg

Last edited:

Cyclerick

Established Member
I bought a 2011 GT CS which had all the bells and whistles however by the time I did a rear seat delete, 20" forgestar wheels, lighter carbon fibre alcantara seats, A pillar guage pod, Baer 6p brakes (front and rear), complete suspension and exhaust and the Raxiom navigation with backup camera, there wasn't much left of the original car except for the body. So, with the cash you saved on the base model you can use towards personalizing your car.

olaosunt

Established Member
I bought a 2011 GT CS which had all the bells and whistles however by the time I did a rear seat delete, 20" forgestar wheels, lighter carbon fibre alcantara seats, A pillar guage pod, Baer 6p brakes (front and rear), complete suspension and exhaust and the Raxiom navigation with backup camera, there wasn't much left of the original car except for the body. So, with the cash you saved on the base model you can use towards personalizing your car.

LOL and Amen!

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
On a side note, it's good to see no difficulties in the wheel swap. I wondered if 15 wheels would fit my 14. I think they'll tuck in just a bit more due to stock offsets. Any feedback on that?

FATHERFORD

Established Member
I have a 14 base model and a 15 no option Premium.

The 15 I planned on not doing much to it, just slap on a TT setup and go, which is turning out to get a lot more done then planned(Hey ill give you free junk if you put a sticker on your car!) The 14 I had planned to replace everything on it when I bought it.

What I'm getting at if you are a hot rodder, getting the base model is the best option.

olaosunt

Established Member
I have a 14 base model and a 15 no option Premium.

The 15 I planned on not doing much to it, just slap on a TT setup and go, which is turning out to get a lot more done then planned(Hey ill give you free junk if you put a sticker on your car!) The 14 I had planned to replace everything on it when I bought it.

What I'm getting at if you are a hot rodder, getting the base model is the best option.
I was hoping not to turn it in to a "race car" like my 12.
Hey,where can I get free junk tool ! Please hook me up.
Going "out of town " for a while so car will be available for any company(preferable one that makes TT)
For "R&D".lol
Willing to drive the car any where in CONUS.!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
http://www.encs.com/locations.aspx?id=177 that is where you pick your location for the AAFES car sales. I was in Iraq and getting ready to go back to the states. Since all the AAFES sites in Iraq had closed I wound up using one in afghanistan.

I was hoping not to turn it in to a "race car" like my 12.
Hey,where can I get free junk tool ! Please hook me up.
Going "out of town " for a while so car will be available for any company(preferable one that makes TT)
For "R&D".lol
Willing to drive the car any where in CONUS.!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thanks man.
I did not see any rebates though for the 15's
probably not yet. the military usually gets a 500 buck rebate just because that I have never seen advertised. I got it even as a contractor. and when I told them what my x-plan price was (and proved I was elegible) they tacked another couple hundred on top. don't know what the current stuff is tho because the MCS guy here is only here one every coupld of months now.

matt5058

Established Member
This might be the ultimate first world problem thread....lol.

Buyer's remorse is pretty normal IMO. I love my car and I still wonder if I should have been more financially responsible and bought something older, but then when I drive it, I completely dismiss those thoughts. When random people compliment me on the sound of my Stang and the looks, I dismiss those thoughts. The 2015's are badass and that one you got looks pretty sweet, especially in that gray color. Do some more mods and drive it more, I doubt you'll continue to regret it.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I have a base '13. No regrets! after driving the entire line of s550's I can honestly say i'd regret trading. Now the gt350 might be a different story, time will tell.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
The only thing I may regret is going from almost 700hp to around 400 again. I went with the premium car because I knew I would want those extra features. I'm spoiled by my FX4 and want the same things in my stang. Sadly the base GT 15 beats the brakes off my premium 12 interior. However the power prob is easily solved :)

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
The only thing I may regret is going from almost 700hp to around 400 again. I went with the premium car because I knew I would want those extra features. I'm spoiled by my FX4 and want the same things in my stang. Sadly the base GT 15 beats the brakes off my premium 12 interior. However the power prob is easily solved :)

Must be a small guy, for me the '15 interior is far too cramped.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I could be wrong, but in previous vehicles "sport" modes were just more aggressive suspension settings. It's not like there's a 50 shot wired to it.

Users who are viewing this thread