2015 Base GT.3 days old and buyers remorse already!!

olaosunt

Established Member
I sold my 2011 GT500(after changing my mind several times finally gave in as buyer offered more than I would ever get otherwise) last June in anticipation of getting a 15 GT since I plan on keeping my 12 GT forever and forever .It has over 40k in mods I would never see if I sold.
The 12 drives like a "race car" compared to my other cars(2014 S4 and M235) and I was looking forward to having a "nice riding mustang"
I had built a a premium car/recaros/nav/PP in guard but was told to expect delivery next year.I then found a similar car without Nav locally that was expected to be delivered a month ago but got delayed.
I was really inpatient to get one as I am deploying soon so I had settled on a DIB I found at another dealer without Recaros but with PP and loaded with stereo upgrade.Unfortunately( I say that now) the day I was too sign the paper work they had just received a base(300A) in Magnetic that looked stunning.I sat in it and the seats seemed real nice.I had started to feel the toggle switches were cheap looking after several test drives in the premium and playing with them and did not really mind tha absence of the switches in the base .Most compelling of all(I thought at the time) the base was 10K cheaper. I figured if I was not getting exactly what I wanted then no point in paying for what I did not want. Figured the 10 k difference could finance go fast parts or even a roll in a supercharger in the financing.I was putting down 5K and I figured since I was buying a car 10k cheaper Ford would not have problems me doing that but the finance guy claims they wanted another 5 K down to do that.I balked at that especially as I had been thinking twin turbo anyway.

I picked up the car last friday and had been thrilled thinking I saved a ton(payments were about $200 less than if I got the DIB/premium/pp).
I test fitted a set of SVT PP wheels with widened rears and 29 inch MT, I had left over which made the car look much better,decreasing the wheel gap and filling out the wells nicely but car still needs a drop especially in the front..
I ordered a Gibson cat back,SCT with bama tune and lowering springs from steeda and was feeling real good till I received a call from the dealer expecting the Guard(almost exactly as I had built except for Nav).
He texted me so I went and saw it anyway but told him I had already bought a car that now has 100+ miles but still not registered.
He said may be we could work something out in trade and wanted me to take a test drive so I did.
Big mistake!!:nonono:
The car driven in sport and track mode feels vastly better(throttle response and sound).The interior was now looking quite upscale compared to mine.
I was ready to trade in my 3 day old car!:fm:
Unfortunately they(as they have done in the past) tried to low ball me on the trade.I have bought over 5 ford from these guys and they try it each time haven gotten away with it once or twice in the past.I stopped buying cars from them because of that.
I told them I was willing to lose some but not the shirt off my back but he still offered 25K for an untitled car with 100 miles on the odo that cost me 32K with Xplan few days ago.I was willing to go as low 30K but they offered 26 K so I walked.
Driving my base after felt weak.I was hoping there was some sort of "hidden sport mode" but there is not without the Premium.
I am now thinking of going back to the original dealer who ordered tha car I wanted(they were cool when I told the i could note wait-since I have spent more than 40K on labour with them between my 11Gt500 and 12 GT lol)
If it is another low ball,then guess I am stuck.
May be once i do the Bama tune,exhaust and lowering springs I won't feel so bad.I have also been telling my self once the car has FI I would have had to swap out the 3.73 gears, Torsion was not great for drag racing,extra weight of premium would slow me down and still needed a drop any way despite the PP suspension-trying to make my self feel better.:(
Definitely can't compare to my 2011 GT500 and almost now regretting selling that.
I planned on Twins before but if SVT comes out with something real cool it may be worth taking the hit on that one after a year.
Moral of the story-learn to be patient and don't get a base!
Any one want to buy a base for 33K? I will throw on uninstalled mods- the Gibson exhaust, lowering springs,bama tuner and SVT wheels-Just joking or am I?
I may still take too much of a hit and the only other way to recover may be a reasonable trade in since I would recover on taxes already paid.
Pictures below UUhgg!

I started with this
photo-14_zps4c626572.jpg

Then this
7d42e383-99c7-4a89-bd9f-c87e51f6b00c_zps477fb632.jpg

photo_zps0b2c81ae.jpg

then this!
photo_zps81696ade.jpg

olaosunt

Established Member
I think I just came down with schizophrenia reading that. Dang it, dude.
Lol and sorry for my disorganized ramblings but I can fix ya if you have truly gone crazy-that is what I do for a living!
Just had to get it out so I don't go Crazy with regret.

01GTB

Established Member
Omg! I went to a restaurant the other day and got the chicken fingers, and regretted not getting the hamburger. And that was only like 7 bucks.

olaosunt

Established Member
Thanks Bro.I am sure I will get over it once the modding begins...Noooo here we go again!
I may just have to build up the baddest/fastest/loudest/best shifting/auto swapped/best handling/best looking EVER base 2015 GT...... and end up with another "untradable/sellable" car that is worth less than the cost of all the mods alone.

Not sure I can get buried in two cars at the same time.
lol
Hope no one else needs meds!

olaosunt

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestion but NO thanks.
They wanted to give me $27000 for my 2011 GT500-which I sold privately for $40000.

01GTB

Established Member
Drive the thing for a year and sell it if you still feel the same way. You'll probably get the same kind of money they are offering now.

Have you ever had buyer's remorse like this before? I think I've had it with every single car I've ever bought. But I'm that type of person. I've never really loved a car I just purchased. I think it's a defense mechanism that keeps me from getting screwed by the dealership that takes a while to go away.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Dude... Slow down! Dont impulse buy. I know sometimes its hard but when ya do this happens. No dealer will take a hit on your car now, unless u want to take the hit i dont see you selling a BASE stang for new money, as the months roll along and lots become full up with the 15's its gonna be even harder to sell but this u already should know. IDK, u may have to keep it.

olaosunt

Established Member
lol
Come to think of it I almost always get it.

Happened immediately after I traded my 2009 M3 that was out of warranty-with prices plummeting before the 2014 came out.I made out real well and the audi was awesome in the snow but I still felt I made a mistake.
I now love the car.

I sold the Shelby privately since I had a large amount of equity that was also going away fast as I drove the car.I changed my mind several times then tried to dissuade the seller several times by running the car down.Did not work obviously

I then bought an automatic M235(which my wife loves and she hated the shelby) .Win /Win situation as I knew I had a snow balls chance in hell of getting a third stang.

Immediately regretted it but loving it now since it runs high 11's in comfort and wife is happy.

When I bought the 12 I thought it sounded like crap since I already had the shelby.Nothing headers/removing cats/exhaust has not fixed(All of the 15's PP or not sound like crap stock).

I am sure I will get to love this 15 as I don't plan on doing something stupid like losing 8 grand in 2 days because of remorse.
Same dealer sold me a convertible GT in 2005 and called me in when the coupe I really wanted arrived after 3 months-Need less to say my wallet took a beating then but I like to think I am older and wiser now.

Thanks man-- feeling better already-are you a therapist??
May be you should come work with me,
lol

olaosunt

Established Member
Dude... Slow down! Dont impulse buy. I know sometimes its hard but when ya do this happens. No dealer will take a hit on your car now, unless u want to take the hit i dont see you selling a BASE stang for new money, as the months roll along and lots become full up with the 15's its gonna be even harder to sell but this u already should know. IDK, u may have to keep it.

I hear ya boss.
Should have listened to that voice in my head-but I wanted it NOW-like my 6 year old.

loll
When I really think of it I bet there lots of people who would love to have my "problem"

Just going to have to make it mine and love it .....and avoid any offered test drives in premium/ PP cars

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
And the moral of this story is be patient kids. But what you want, which is probably what you ordered to begin with, or you will regret it and end up losing money just because you got in a hurry.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got a trade in offer of $44k for my Boss, but it was a Dodge dealer. I think I would regret going with a Challenger. I understand the OP's pain, I tend to be impulsive, and it does lead to problems. At least he didn't give a woman he hates a house.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That sucks OP. I am pretty sure a tune will make it so you don't miss the different modes in the premium though.

Users who are viewing this thread