2015 Base GT.3 days old and buyers remorse already!!

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Yea I learned a long time ago to just pay for the extra features or else you may wish you had them later.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The new gt pp is as much as the 13 boss...Cant justify it and i like my fi 12 to much to sell it!

olaosunt

Established Member
Tough crowd.lol
Feeling better today driving the car as memories of my drive in the premium fade.lol

Not looking for pity(well may be a little ) but just thought posting my thoughts would help someone else may be on the fence between premium and base.
To be honest having $200 less in payments a month is not that bad. And I still struggle with the idea of paying over $40k for a non SVT mustang as I bought my 2011 GT500 with 3000 miles for $43 K in 2012.

For the member asking I bought the base from Ray skillman Ford in Greenwood Indiana.Some of you may know John (the Roush guy).They have several Premium/pp including the blue.
I still think that is the best combo with the black PP wheels.They did not have any cars with recaros at the time.

Tom wood Ford has several premium/pp cars.Most have recaros including the Guard I drove.
They have several CO cars including a premium/PP and an automatic.
Both with recaros.
I suspect those cars are going to be there till spring-not many people around here buying mustangs in mid November.
I spoke to my guy at Don Hinds who ordered the car I built .
I have a great relationship with them and they still want to sell me the car if I am interested then.
I will see how I feel about the magnetic after basic bolt ons,but like some one said earlier a tune is going to negate the effect of not having "track mode".

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
Don't sweat it man, I sat in a base 2 days ago and was stunned at the standard equipment on it. They now come with a reverse camera and back up sensors, seats are pretty nice, steering wheel is leather wrapped... Makes it kinda feel like my 14 prem..
For the price I think you made a good choice.

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
I agree with mystickb1996. Ordered a basic automatic GT just like you and if everything goes as cotus ford says online will be getting the car in 20 days from today. It will be lighter and faster than the the P.P. for the drag racing I plan on doing with it. The interior is also a step above my 13 GT and more than enough for me.

Enjoy your car as it is and start modding your gt to be an N/A 10 sec car. Have your living room and the rest of your house looking luxurious and fancy not a muscle car lol lol lol..... That's for europeans spoiled little boys... lol

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
I agree with mystickb1996. Ordered a basic automatic GT just like you and if everything goes as cotus ford says online will be getting the car in 20 days from today. It will be lighter and faster than the the P.P. for the drag racing I plan on doing with it. The interior isalso already a step above my 13 GT and more than enough for me.

Enjoy your car as it is and start modding your gt to be an N/A 10 sec car. Have your living room and the rest of your house looking luxurious and fancy not a muscle car lol lol lol..... That's for europeans spoiled little boys... lol
Lol at European spoiled little boys.... and I am starting to feel may be I DID make the right decision.
My bank account sure thinks so!
Never really though about it before as I had been set on twin turbos but like the idea of chasing down 10's N/A.
What is that going to take ?
I am sure at least full exhaust/ headers.Definitely not wanting to build another car that drives like a "race car".
Sure would like to keep the ride as stock like as possible given how nice it drives now.

70monte

Established Member
I personally would want the base model as I don't want or want to pay for most of the things that the premium come with. It is also less stuff to break down in the future.

I'm very happy with my automatic equipped base model 14 GT and the only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is the Sirius radio. My car is not a DD. It is my toy so I'm not concerned with all of the bells and whistles. I completely content with the power and sound. Everyone's mileage is different so only you know what you want. I rarely impulse buy so I almost never have buyer's remorse for the things I buy. I research everything I plan on buying so that I don't have buyer's remorse. I would just keep what you have. It still is a fun car no matter what model you get.

Wayne

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Lol at European spoiled little boys.... and I am starting to feel may be I DID make the right decision.
My bank account sure thinks so!
Never really though about it before as I had been set on twin turbos but like the idea of chasing down 10's N/A.
What is that going to take ?
I am sure at least full exhaust/ headers.Definitely not wanting to build another car that drives like a "race car".
Sure would like to keep the ride as stock like as possible given how nice it drives now.

We are fortunate men to own cars like thesein todays world and economy. Premium, non-premium who cares... Enjoy and be happy with what you have and your car looks great btw.
Looks like american muscle is already going 11.2s with their GT and is the fat GT PP with boltons from what I recall that meaning that the car has tons of potential to go 10's, N/A , reliably and the ligher the GT the faster will go in the quarteras we know. Your car is probably 50-80 lbs lighter than the PP.. somebody prob knows the exact weight on both cars better than I do.

Enjoy.

GT915

Established Member
As long as you like the color, everything else can be fixed with mods. I say you stop stressing and start spending some of that money you saved on mods. Congrats btw.

olaosunt

Established Member
I hear ya.
I have been planing and researching this purchase for over a year.
problem is, I can often overanalyze every possible option,finding equally weighted pros and cons for each option.Then it gets really hard to decide and whatever option you choose can easily become the wrong one in your head.
Anyway I now love my car again-end of story -close encounter with insanity averted.

olaosunt

Established Member
I'll give you 20k for that slow 2012 of yours :)

I know I have "MUGU" printed in bold on my forehead- at least a particular Ford Dealer here in town seems to see it every time I am there.
But come on now,how can you tell on the internet?

FYI- MUGU is the term used by Nigerian "419" con artist to describe their intended victims.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
LOL
Jon, It is my passion for these cars THAT keeps me sane!... and not taking my own meds.
lol
Hoping to get to 9's before ya.;-)
I didn't know we were racing to the 9's. Haha. I am content with mine for now. I feel like a 9.99 is just a few parts and a track visit or two away for me. However, my stock rods might have something to say about that!

olaosunt

Established Member
I didn't know we were racing to the 9's. Haha. I am content with mine for now. I feel like a 9.99 is just a few parts and a track visit or two away for me. However, my stock rods might have something to say about that!
Lol.you didn't know??
Best way to win a race is when the other guy does not know you are racing anyway-
I am done trying to shift this thing(well maybe not -one more try) and have the auto waiting to go in.
I should try and meet up with you and Ken sometime.
Come to Morrocco-they race until the first snow flake falls.

Users who are viewing this thread