2014 GT Procharger Build

GBCoyote

Established Member
BMR tubular radiator support that retains the sway bar. There's another version that deletes the sway bar by not having the mounting points for it.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
BMR tubular radiator support that retains the sway bar. There's another version that deletes the sway bar by not having the mounting points for it.

Gotcha man thanks for the replys! Ill look into that. I think where I live I'm going to have cooling issues. N/A running it hard through curvy roads it heats up a bit.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Well the radiator fan is only kicked on below 40mph. Get a better flowing front grills and take the hood insulation off if you have a 13/14 and let the vents in the hood suck the hot air out. That helped with my IATs more than anything. I have a roush grill setup BTW.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Well the radiator fan is only kicked on below 40mph. Get a better flowing front grills and take the hood insulation off if you have a 13/14 and let the vents in the hood suck the hot air out. That helped with my IATs more than anything. I have a roush grill setup BTW.

I like the black billet grille, just want to keep the fogs. The cars a 12 gt

imeyers302

Established Member

Never thought about that. I should remove the insulation? Any downside?

GBCoyote

Established Member
Mine has been off since I bought it and I've not had issues. On the flip side you can cut the insulation around the vents off. Just let the heat out of that bay area and get some more air flow.

imeyers302

Established Member
Got into the boost for a datalog for the first time last night. Nothing crazy, only 5500rpm. All I can say is I should have done this a long time ago. Drives like stock. By 3500 you know something is there that wasn't before, after 4500 things start getting real. At 5500 it was pulling real hard and only getting stronger. Got the go ahead for a pull to redline so tonight will be the first full pull. With the helical gears it's real stealthy until you get into it. Still amazed that the air intake Temps are within 2 degrees of ambient given where the filter is placed. Even at idle for 4 mins the Temps never went up.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Got into the boost for a datalog for the first time last night. Nothing crazy, only 5500rpm. All I can say is I should have done this a long time ago. Drives like stock. By 3500 you know something is there that wasn't before, after 4500 things start getting real. At 5500 it was pulling real hard and only getting stronger. Got the go ahead for a pull to redline so tonight will be the first full pull. With the helical gears it's real stealthy until you get into it. Still amazed that the air intake Temps are within 2 degrees of ambient given where the filter is placed. Even at idle for 4 mins the Temps never went up.

Could you please post a video of some pulls? Id appreciate it!!

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Glad to hear your install went well. The car will be a blast to drive once it is tuned. I didn't order my procharger kit from beefcake but have ordered a few other parts from him and he is a great guy. Lund as well. Since my bumper was off during the install I ended up getting the roush upper and lower grilles to get more air into the engine. The IAT's while cruising are fine, you may notice them go up when going WOT, but this is normal, as the faster the blower spins the more it heats up the air, which is why you have that big stage 2 intercooler.

imeyers302

Established Member
Could you please post a video of some pulls? Id appreciate it!!

Yes, was planning on it, but it may be a few days before I get to that. Got a gopro hero 4 black as a gift recently. Have to get a mount for it. Also still in tuning phase so will wait till that's done.

Kman11

Established Member
Honestly I went back and forth between the 2 setups for a while. Either system can make enough power to window a stock motor. I did the install myself and just wanted the easiest to install, easiest to remove and put back to stock, easiest to swap a pulley and belt, of the 2 systems. I am not knocking the Paxton/Vortech setups at all. They are awesome systems as well, I just felt that the procharger setup was the best for my needs. If money is a factor, you can't beat beefcakes vortech/paxton setups. The procharger system will cost about $1,000 more than a comparable vortech/paxton setup from beef. Whichever system you decide on I highly recommend ordering it from Beefcake.

Hey thanks for reply. I can definitely see that being a deciding factor. Do you plan to race it this year at the track?

I'll be looking forward to more updates!

imeyers302

Established Member
Hey thanks for reply. I can definitely see that being a deciding factor. Do you plan to race it this year at the track?

I'll be looking forward to more updates!

Did my first WOT pull to 7500rpm for datalogging. Car felt amazing. It just does not let up. I did have a tube come loose right after the pull due to a hose clamp not being tight enough I guess but that was easily fixed. All is perfect now. Will get an update on datalog tomorrow and hopefully will be good to go after that. I am installing the boost gauge in the next couple of days but honestly can't see myself looking at it much.

Probably not going to do much racing this season. Still need to get wheels and tires and schedule is a little full for the next couple of months. My brother lives right near Englishtown Raceway in NJ so I will be going there next season for sure. Have not been there since the 1990s when I ran my 1991 LX 5.0. They have a road couse I think now which I would also like to do. In the end though I did not build the car for hp numbers or track times. It's just a fun car for me that I love to work on. That being said I am going to go to a local dyno day in a month or so and see what she puts down.

GBCoyote

Established Member
T-bolt clamps would be a good upgrade later on. Cost about 100 bucks. I've never had mine pop off, we'll worth the money to aggravation ratio.

imeyers302

Established Member
T-bolt clamps would be a good upgrade later on. Cost about 100 bucks. I've never had mine pop off, we'll worth the money to aggravation ratio.

The hell with later on. I am doing that sooner than later. Kit came with 2 t clamps for throttle body tube only. $100 is a small price to pay to know they are not coming loose.

bunits19714

Established Member
Op - looking good- like the gauge- how much boost you seeing @ 7500 rpm? I only take my to 7200 trying to keep the boost down, I have a D1 and a 4.63" pulley. on the dyno it was reading over 11 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread