2014 GT Procharger Build

imeyers302

Established Member
So it took a while but I am finally done. I picked up the car in May 2014 new from a Steeda dealer. It's a 2014 GT Premium with the track pack and Recaros. The car came off the floor with Boss Manifold, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 Octane Tune w/sct X3 tuner, boss side pipes, Steeda Strut Brace, Steeda Panhard Bar, Steeda sport springs and Steeda HD strut mounts. I took the suspension to the next level with Koni yellows, Steeda Lower Control Arms, Steeda upper control arm and mount and the Steeda watts Link and Steeda adj front and rear sway bars. Also added the Steeda g brace up front and X Brace in the rear. Then I moved onto the drivetrain and added the MGW compact race spec and DSS carbon fiber driveshaft. Then just for giggles I add the Schroth quick fit pro harnesses. Needless to say the car was now ready for more power.

I decided on a Procharger Stage 2 tuner kit from Beefcake. I cannot say enough about his level of customer service. One of the best I have ever experienced. Its the Stage 2 kit with the P1SC-1, 4.25 pulley, id1000's, brisk plugs, vmp bap, and lund remote tuning. Have to also add that Lunds customer service is also incredible. Anyway just finished up installing the kit and after doing a fresh once over in the morning to double check everything I will load the base tune and do some datalogging. My only install problem was that I was real tired one night and accidentally punctured the radiator. $440 mistake and a 1 day setback.

Did not want to get crazy with pics but will add a few.

free image host

free image host

photo hosting

picture share

screenshot on pc

image hosting no account

adult image

Also added the Boss Alcantara Steering wheel with alcantara shift and ebrake boots..

screen capture tool

Once again a big thank you to Beefcake Racing, Lund Tuning, and Steeda for answering my endless questions, it was a big help.

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Nice build man! My only question is that why didn't you just put the frpp aluminum radiator in for better cooling?

imeyers302

Established Member
Nice build man! My only question is that why didn't you just put the frpp aluminum radiator in for better cooling?

I already have the Boss Radiator which is a step up from a standard GT radiator. It's a really tight fit in there with the procharger tubing. Just wanted what I had. Did not want any fitment issues with a thicker radiator.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I already have the Boss Radiator which is a step up from a standard GT radiator. It's a really tight fit in there with the procharger tubing. Just wanted what I had. Did not want any fitment issues with a thicker radiator.

Fair enough and I understand what your saying. If I got you some measurements could you see if the aluminum radiator would have clearance issues? Because were thinking about the procharger.

GBCoyote

Established Member
The FRPP radiator fit with my paxton, equipped with an 8 rib setup also. If it helps at all. I had to use procharger's slim fan shroud to make it work however. Bought it used off of another member.

imeyers302

Established Member
Would really like to hook up my boost gauge. Anyone know where to get an adapter that goes into the procharger vacuum manifold and accepts 1/8" tubing? Gauge only comes with a T fitting which I don't need. Procharger barb fittings are for 3/16" tubing.

GBCoyote

Established Member
You may have to aquire a vacuum block. I bought a Fore vacuum block to match my fuel system and hooked it all up due to the different sizes I needed.

Kman11

Established Member
Great looking setup! Very curious why you opted for the pro charger over the Paxton? I'll be making this decision soon as well.

imeyers302

Established Member
Great looking setup! Very curious why you opted for the pro charger over the Paxton? I'll be making this decision soon as well.

Honestly I went back and forth between the 2 setups for a while. Either system can make enough power to window a stock motor. I did the install myself and just wanted the easiest to install, easiest to remove and put back to stock, easiest to swap a pulley and belt, of the 2 systems. I am not knocking the Paxton/Vortech setups at all. They are awesome systems as well, I just felt that the procharger setup was the best for my needs. If money is a factor, you can't beat beefcakes vortech/paxton setups. The procharger system will cost about $1,000 more than a comparable vortech/paxton setup from beef. Whichever system you decide on I highly recommend ordering it from Beefcake.

imeyers302

Established Member
You may have to aquire a vacuum block. I bought a Fore vacuum block to match my fuel system and hooked it all up due to the different sizes I needed.

I figured out the boost gauge but I may need a different adapter for the fuel pressure gauge. I bought the CFM in line adapter and had a leak as soon as the fuel pump engaged. Disconnected it and zero leaks. I used high temp thread sealant on the threads of the plug and the sensor so not sure why it would leak.

Car started right up and sounds great. Idles perfectly. Heading out to do datalogging!!!

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
Fair enough and I understand what your saying. If I got you some measurements could you see if the aluminum radiator would have clearance issues? Because were thinking about the procharger.

I adjusted some of the tubes before buttoning the car up. There is no way a thicker radiator is gonna fit with the procharger tubing. I could be wrong but I don't see it happening. It's real tight in there.

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
Nice car didn't realize Steeda had those optioned cars- You made the Correct choice going with the procharger, I think there is actually less than 1k difference after you factor in the 8 rib on the pax/vort that the prochargers come standard with. I think you should of spent the extra 475ish for the blk head unit and brackets thou- would of really made your engine compartment look stock and good- The boss radiator must be huge because I have quite a bit of room all around all the tubing, but I also don't have a front sway bar and have a lt wt rad support. Enjoy-

4VFTW

Established Member
I adjusted some of the tubes before buttoning the car up. There is no way a thicker radiator is gonna fit with the procharger tubing. I could be wrong but I don't see it happening. It's real tight in there.

I think the clearance issue with the procharger tubing is with the radiator support and not the radiator itself. I think a BMR support would allow a thicker Rad to fit.... Ive thought about giving it a try but havent pulled the trigger

GBCoyote

Established Member
My tubular radiator support was a must when installing my FRPP radiator, it would not have fit otherwise.

imeyers302

Established Member
Did first datalogs with the car. Ran great. Can't get into boost yet but she runs fine. Was checking IAT's. Outside temp was 84° and IAT was 86°. Just wanted to throw that out there for all concerned with the filter placement. It does not appear to be an issue at all.

imeyers302

Established Member
Just a couple more picture of everything buttoned up. Only thing I did not install was the lower plastic shield under the car. Going to have to make a couple of holes for the bottom tubes to pop through a little to mount it but that's a job for another day. Bumper cover went back on with zero modifications. Nothing had to be trimmed. I don't know why I black out the license plate in the photos, just seems that's what everyone does.

imagur

photo uploading

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread