2014 DIB TT Street Build

bdt115

Established Member
Hello all! I purchased a 2014 DIB GT back at the end of October 2015. This is my 6th mustang. It was everything I was looking for and then some. I dont care so much for all the extra comfort things but this car had them and thats ok by me. I bought it with 6,027 miles on it. Still under factory warranties but it had dealer installed CAI, Roush ABs, and a ford racing short throw shifter from the PO. This car has the MT82 that I've heard so much mixed reviews on. Only got to drive the car 2-3 times before i was deployed in mid November. I made plans to build it up a little, as i do with every vehicle i buy, and the list is ever growing. I should return home in mid July (after 1 extension already) and I want to put it together in about a month for a local car show that is in mid August. I've been ordering parts since I've been out here and still not done. Overall I wont be done for a while but i will be at a good point come august. Here's a list of stuff I've ordered so far:

On3 Performance TT kit w/ 67mm CBB Turbos
Upgraded 304 SS Manifolds
ID1000 Injectors
3inch O/R X-pipe
Mcleod RXT1000 Twin Disc Clutch
Lund Racing Nguage w/tune
Eboost2 Boost Controller
JMS BAP
4.10 Gears
20x8.5/20x10 Rovos Durban Piano Black Wheels
255/35R20 and 275/35R20 Nitto NTO5Rs
Lowering Springs (can't think of the brand at the moment)
QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks
Double Adjustable Panhard Bar
Weld-on Quad tips
GT-500 rear valance Conversion for Quad tips
Smoked Light tint kit (all lights)
PTM Tail light Trim
CDC Performance Upper Grille

......I will add to this list but that's all the parts i can think of at the moment. Parts I still need/want to order before July:
Flywheel
Driveshaft
Billet Vacuum Distribution block
OTA pipes
RTR Rear Decklid
Window Tint
UPR Upper, Lowers, and Relo brackets
Blowfish Bracket
Spark Plugs
GT500 Style rear wing

.....That should be about it for now. I will try to upload the few pictures i do have of my car but i cant make any promises out here lol. Let me know what you guys think! Any opinions are appreciated.

Last edited:

bdt115

Established Member
I ordered the 4.10s before I decided i was going to go turbo. I am still unsure of them and may return them for something else when i get back.

Dusten

Established Member
I would pass on the 4.10's now. Turbo's like load and long gears. 3.15's, 3.31's would be great.

bdt115

Established Member
For the $150? upgrade i figured whatever extra boost they would provide would be worth it once i started building a better block. Reading more about the other kits, I see a few people saying there isnt much difference in boost potential between say a 62 and a 67 or a 70 though. Not sure how true this is though because I'm still pretty new to FI cars

bdt115

Established Member
I figured 67s would be a little slower and help out a little down low

Still trying to decide whether or not i want the billet compressor wheels. I am going to wait until they are installed to see how quick they spool up with the existing wheels and if i dont like it to much i may change out.

TimMcC

Brougham
Established Member
I just finished the install on my car. The kit fit like a glove. Zero install issues. Well, I did take a small round file to a couple bolt holes on the manifold flange, no big deal. It's really not a bad install at all, time consuming for sure. I did it by myself on jack stands.

There's a good facebook group, On3 Turbo Coyotes. A lot of knowledge on there.

Mine is set up with the 67's and cast/upgraded manifolds. Also did a twin pump fuel system with ID 1000's. Tuning this week. Good luck!

13332844_515967065262463_5708744375600393899_n_zpswxkljqje.jpg

bdt115

Established Member
thanks for the tip on the facebook group. glad to see the install went smooth with their new manifolds and the 67s. Let me know what kind of numbers you put down. how much boost are you planning on running? Im starting off with 8psi, which seems pretty safe.

Users who are viewing this thread