2014 Camaro Z28

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
love the car but not for 60-70K I'll take a used C6 Z for far less!
I love it as well.. maybe not the tail lights, but the rest. Even though they haven't released a price yet I agree it will have to be in that range. Not to mention dealer mark up. I would be all over it for say 50k...
Ps I like the satin white color with the gloss black trim and wheels a lot!!!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The only thing I don't like is the glossy splitter. Nice improvements over the current model. Actually two things I don't like. The other is the high price. But since this is a stripped down Camaro intended more for a road course, it will have its place for those who have the money. Me? I'd rather spend near the same money on a C7 base Vette. Or low mileage '10-'12 Z06.

smitty2919

Established Member
I'm assuming this would be a direct competition to the Boss302 being a track ready car??

What's thr Boss going for these days compated to the Z28?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I'm assuming this would be a direct competition to the Boss302 being a track ready car??

What's thr Boss going for these days compated to the Z28?

the forums keep putting the Z28 in the $55k area which is right around the Boss (yes markup might play a factory but it did as well on the Boss)...however for all we know it could be $80k in the end.

I will say....even for $55-60k (if it stays there)..that is a lot of car for the money....Magnetic ride, Aluminum 427, Ceramic brakes....those are not cheap options to add to something.

smitty2919

Established Member
Well, looks like chevy stepped it up LOL

Ford....what's your answer?

I like the New SS...taking place of the G8. 4 door V8 RWD and if it comes in a manual HELL YES

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Front splitter is too large.
Wing looks out of place.
Taillights are better....but still horrible (entire back end actually).

Just my opinion. Lots of other things I'd buy before that. And what the hell is up with the fender flares that stick out like a sore thumb! WOOOW

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Front splitter is too large.
Wing looks out of place.
Taillights are better....but still horrible (entire back end actually).

Just my opinion. Lots of other things I'd buy before that. And what the hell is up with the fender flares that stick out like a sore thumb! WOOOW

What exactly would you buy? Realistically also..dont say a $500 Fox body and put the money in it but a brand new car in the, say 50k area, that could compete with this.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
the forums keep putting the Z28 in the $55k area which is right around the Boss (yes markup might play a factory but it did as well on the Boss)...however for all we know it could be $80k in the end.

I will say....even for $55-60k (if it stays there)..that is a lot of car for the money....Magnetic ride, Aluminum 427, Ceramic brakes....those are not cheap options to add to something.

The boss does not go for 55k, The GT500 does. As far as I know, the z28 does not come equipped with mag ride. It uses a suspension similar to the 1LE. Even with the lack of radio and ergonomics, the car will cost more than the zl1. a spokesperson for GM said its placed above the zl1 in the hierarchy. Not worth it to me, but it will be a collectible with only 427 made. If thats true, similar to the 00R.

kaz109

Established Member
What exactly would you buy? Realistically also..dont say a $500 Fox body and put the money in it but a brand new car in the, say 50k area, that could compete with this.

You are lying to yourself if you think it will be 50k or anywhere close to that...also yea it has some expensive goodies like the CC brakes but u stil are not getting a lot of car from the money..

Motor is far from high tech
No radio
No AC
And have u seen that god awful piss poor interior? I don't think a car can get any cheaper or poorer looking than that .Not to mention the horrible visibility the car has...yes I can definitely find something else for the 60k this heavy girl is gonna cost

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
The boss does not go for 55k, The GT500 does. As far as I know, the z28 does not come equipped with mag ride. It uses a suspension similar to the 1LE. Even with the lack of radio and ergonomics, the car will cost more than the zl1. a spokesperson for GM said its placed above the zl1 in the hierarchy. Not worth it to me, but it will be a collectible with only 427 made. If thats true, similar to the 00R.

Not trying to start a holy war or anything but $50k is deff realistic 2012 Boss territory and NOT 2013 GT500 territory.

So the majority of GT500 owners paid $55k (and less) for their BRAND NEW 2013 GT500s? our local lots couldn’t keep them in stock for $70k+ with a minimum of 10k markup. Now I’m not saying the avg lot sold them for that much but $55k is a base model GT500…I would also think the majority of them were optioned out. $55k is for a NON SVT packaged, NON track pak car, NO NAV. NO RECARO, NO SUNROOF…and…they would be selling them for $5k under sticker price to cover tax, tag, title to make it a $55k sale. Depending on the state tax…a $55k car can add 3-6k to the bottom line with tax, tag, title…here in florida that would be $3600 just in tax. A fully optioned GT500, with options alone, gets to over $70k.

If you can find a Brand new 2013 GT500 (non vert) for $55k BUY IT NOW and flip it for a cool profit…there are 9 2013 GT500s on Manheim at the current moment…all have between 3-17k miles. The cheapest one went through auction at $56,900 with 10k miles. Like I said buy that and make some solid money on it!!!! One with exceptionally low mileage (just under 3k miles) just sold for $62,200 (there were a few 2013 VERTS for $61-$64k used also) Hell there was only 1 2012 GT500 under $40k and it had 40k miles on it. Most were in the $46-49k area FOR A 2012.

The base Boss 302 is $41k..again..no one sold them for under sticker. I just did a quick search of ALL of the Manheim auctions. There are 2012 Boss 302s going through auction USED with 10k and under mileage for mid $40k’s (one had 27k miles and was still $39k)…that means a dealer is buying the car and putting it on the lot for upper 40s/low 50s.

You are correct on the 1LE style suspension. While I don’t think it is 1LE specific it is that style (non magnetic) and will be 4 way adjustable.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You are lying to yourself if you think it will be 50k or anywhere close to that...also yea it has some expensive goodies like the CC brakes but u stil are not getting a lot of car from the money..

No radio
No AC
And have u seen that god awful piss poor interior? I don't think a car can get any cheaper or poorer looking than that .Not to mention the horrible visibility the car has...yes I can definitely find something else for the 60k this heavy girl is gonna cost

lying to myself? i read it off the damn forums and re-quoted it and even admitted it might be and $80k car. read what i wrote. i agree the motor isnt high tech..but its also a $14k crate motor (might be $12k IIRC)...and has proven to make 600rwhp+ N/A on a stock bottome end. No radio and no a/c is also an option. Not every Z28 will be that way. damn people..read what i wrote..i openly admitted not liking the 5th gen cars.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I bought mine for sticker before it was even built, I know a few guys who bought boss cars for sticker and less. The adm's are in the minority. You should visit the 2013 section for often, hardly anyone paid a dime over sticker and are at least 50-75 owners on this forum. Less than 5K 2013's were built.

Now this car, I expect to see high markup's because of limited production.

96lazervert

Established Member
I think it looks good and I hate Camaros. The "heavy girl" comment. Geez ford has only built lard asses for the past 15 years lmao.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I bought mine for sticker before it was even built, I know a few guys who bought boss cars for sticker and less. The adm's are in the minority. You should visit the 2013 section for often, hardly anyone paid a dime over sticker and are at least 50-75 owners on this forum. Less than 5K 2013's were built.

This claim is funny to me because sticker can be anywhere from 55k-65k.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

Boss or GT500? i am guessing Boss...

I could see sticker but not less thats crazy. i am just going off of prices i can see. The cheapest one on Autotrader looking at the entire country was a used 2012 for $35k.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

No radio
No AC

It can easily be that. The 00R was $45k in 2000, and it had less creature comfort than the Z28 and a motor from a Navigator.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
This claim is funny to me because sticker can be anywhere from 55k-65k.

Your response is funnier because we are talking markups not options....sticker is sticker regardless

Boss or GT500? i am guessing Boss...

I could see sticker but not less thats crazy. i am just going off of prices i can see. The cheapest one on Autotrader looking at the entire country was a used 2012 for $35k.

Can you not see my sig and vehicle description? :??:

Users who are viewing this thread