2014 Camaro Z28

burnzilla

Established Member
First things first, if a thread about this car has already been posted my apologies and feel free to do what you will with this one. Anyways on with the thread.

I gotta say I've never really liked the new Camaro from a design standpoint but this one looks much better to me for some reason.

Here is a link to the article: (there is also a video embedded there as well of the vehicle)
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28: First Look Video | AutoGuide.com News

And here is some interesting information on the car:

"Chevrolet unveiled a surprise today at the 2013 New York Auto Show when it announced the Z/28 nameplate’s revival.

Not only that, but the badge is back with a vengeance as the fastest Camaro ever built. There’s a 7.0-liter LS7 V8 under the hood with 500 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque. That’s quite a distance south of the supercharged ZL1′s 580 hp and 556 lb-ft of torque.

Regardless, the Z/28 is 300 lbs lighter, wears carbon ceramic brakes and beat the ZL1′s lap time by three seconds, although Chevrolet didn’t say where that took place.

Also of note, the car will only be sold with a six-speed manual transmission and comes fitted with a body kit designed to deliver downforce at speed."

Here are some pics, what yall think?
(I didn't include any pics of the interior, basically the same besides some badging difference I would assume) I know it comes with heavily bolstered Recaro seats and it looks like this car is just specifically made for a track...

header.jpg

2014-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-09.jpg

2014-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-06.jpg

2014-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-05.jpg

2014-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-03.jpg

2014-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-15.jpg

2014-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-badge.jpg

2014-Chevy-Camaro-Z28-20.jpg

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
these are some of the better pics of the new z28 ive seen. i really like the changes they have made, especially the tail lights.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I think this car looks great and it's nice they are stepping up their game. However, that being said I must be old because these cars a pain the ass to get in/out of.

Supernova

Established Member
I like the specs, but hate the look. All the black on the back end (along with the tail lights) looks terrible. Not sure I care for the glossy front splitter, either. I prefer the look of the current car, but again, the specs look nice.

VictorySong

Established Member
Wow I missed the last million page thread about this car on the first page of the pics & video forum. Thanks for the news OP!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
nice i like the tail lights, the bubba gump lip sticks out too much though, but nice ride me gusta

Cemtex

Established Member
I went to the NY auto show last weekend and got to see it in person.

IMG_2519_zpsb7c70371.jpg

The guy in the lower right corner I think might of been some kind of functionally retarded or just plain mopey/mouthbreather because he was jumping for joy and repeating with utmost enthusiasm everything the lady was saying about what 'does not' come with the car. Felt like an super exaggerated caricature of the GM (and particularly camaro) fanbase and made me wonder ever why I liked pontiac as much as I did years ago.

BTW I could not get to the front to get a proper shot, the crowd was three deep (larger then the 2 C7 corvettes right behind where the picture was taken, even larger than the crowd for Mclaren or Bugatti). GM sure knows how to get a buzz machine going.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Ah hell. This is going to provide us all some easy roadkill!!

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
the taillights look like the chevy truck lights, just turned sideways. They are terrible, the rest of the car looks good, though.

Users who are viewing this thread