2013 Viper Nose and Hood?

TRXboy

Established Member
This next Viper is going to be ridiculous. I love the digital dash in those spy shots.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This is more than likely the whole car right here. Has all the same design queues as what the teaser shots and your link above has. This was posted yesterday on Leftlanenews.

srt-viper-blurred_653.jpg

http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/srt-viper-picture-1.html

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
i want this more then a ZO6

Hell with the Z06, this thing is going to bitch slap the ZR1.

Corvette better be ready to take the vette to a whole new level. The Viper doesn't have to worry about basing the car off of a $50K base model.

101blur

Established Member
I hope they make a nice set of wheels for it. I swear dodge has the best factory wheels of any manufacture out there in my opinion. Also those small inset near the front of the Hood look to be those flush mount hood pins..? hmmmmm

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Here's a better quality of the Hot Wheels toycar. It wouldn't be the first time that a production car has been spoiled by Mattel. When you compare this to the teasers already revealed by SRT, its really close.

2013-SRT-Viper-HW-1.jpg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Here's a better quality of the Hot Wheels toycar. It wouldn't be the first time that a production car has been spoiled by Mattel. When you compare this to the teasers already revealed by SRT, its really close.

2013-SRT-Viper-HW-1.jpg

I sent this to my father (who was at the original showing) and he said that the hood was the only part remotely close. The rest was a very loose depiction. From the front wheels back, you'll notice that Hot Wheels left it almost purely gen II. I'm talking basically identical.

My guess is that Hot Wheels simply used the very same spy pics and rumors that everyone with an internet connection had access too, and made a digital rendering of what they think the car will look like. No way does the SRT team give a toy company detailed design specs at this stage. What purpose would that serve to the Viper team?

Looking at the SRT site, you can already clearly see some pretty significant differences.

http://drivesrt.com/srt-viper/

Last edited:

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
I sent this to my father (who was at the original showing) and he said that the hood was the only part remotely close. The rest was a very loose depiction. From the front wheels back, you'll notice that Hot Wheels left it almost purely gen II. I'm talking basically identical.

My guess is that Hot Wheels simply used the very same spy pics and rumors that everyone with an internet connection had access too, and made a digital rendering of what they think the car will look like. No way does the SRT team give a toy company detailed design specs at this stage. What purpose would that serve to the Viper team?

Looking at the SRT site, you can already clearly see some pretty significant differences.

2013 SRT Viper | driveSRT

Sounds about right!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

2013 SRT Viper | driveSRT

Didn't even realize that came from Hot Wheels, I thought it was a teaser image that someone got a hold of early or something.

sidewinderl

Established Member
No way does the SRT team give a toy company detailed design specs at this stage.

Incorrect. Another toy maker (Maisto) announced at the first of the month that their only new 1:18 diecast tooling this year is the SRT Viper, and that they can't show it until the car has been officially revealed (which is why they didn't show it at the Nuremburg Toy Fair).

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Incorrect. Another toy maker (Maisto) announced at the first of the month that their only new 1:18 diecast tooling this year is the SRT Viper, and that they can't show it until the car has been officially revealed (which is why they didn't show it at the Nuremburg Toy Fair).

You could definitely be right. This Maisto company might not even have the design yet in hand, but will have it released to them very close to the launch. A digital render and physical prototype could easily be produced for the public. There are prototyping machines that could spit out a model body in 30 min.

I think in this particular case, HW simply rendered what they they see as the next Viper. Otherwise, this would be a major breach of contract.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Hell with the Z06, this thing is going to bitch slap the ZR1.

Corvette better be ready to take the vette to a whole new level. The Viper doesn't have to worry about basing the car off of a $50K base model.

well, we will see what happens. keep in mind vettes have been around since the '50's. sure, some of them sucked during the 80's, but what car didn't?

vipers lasted 15 years and sold a fraction of the volume when compared to corvettes. sure, the last vipers to roll off the line were quite a bit better than the first decade of cars. but anyone who's driven any viper but the last version will tell you that the car drives like a 'kit car'--its hot, uncomfortable, crude, and rough around the edges. anyone who's driven a viper hard has spun it out at freeway speeds. if they deny it then:
A--they're lying
B--they haven't driven the car hard.

the title is gm's to lose. i would argue that it is DODGE that had better bring their A-game to dethrone the king. don't think i'll be trading in my z-06 on a new viper any time soon---we'll see, i keep an open mind when it comes to cars.

Users who are viewing this thread