2013 Viper Nose and Hood?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
well, we will see what happens. keep in mind vettes have been around since the '50's. sure, some of them sucked during the 80's, but what car didn't?

vipers lasted 15 years and sold a fraction of the volume when compared to corvettes. sure, the last vipers to roll off the line were quite a bit better than the first decade of cars. but anyone who's driven any viper but the last version will tell you that the car drives like a 'kit car'--its hot, uncomfortable, crude, and rough around the edges. anyone who's driven a viper hard has spun it out at freeway speeds. if they deny it then:
A--they're lying
B--they haven't driven the car hard.

the title is gm's to lose. i would argue that it is DODGE that had better bring their A-game to dethrone the king. don't think i'll be trading in my z-06 on a new viper any time soon---we'll see, i keep an open mind when it comes to cars.

I own a Viper and my Father had had four. They don't drive like a kit car. Maybe the gen I's. The rest I will agree with you on, which gives it that unique personality. Also, that kit car quality could take way more of a beating than the glass jaw drivelines GM likes to put in their vettes.

The Vette has always been a high volume sports car for the masses, while the Viper a more niche type of car for the few. They never tried to sell as many as the vette. The two cars really couldn't be any more different.

There is no "title" to gain or lose, so not sure what you mean by that. The Vette really only clearly outperformed it from 06-07.

This next Viper is on a whole new level. SRT has transformed the car, which is 100% hand built from the ground up. The Vette starts the day as a $50K car built on an assembly line.

anyone who's driven a Vette hard has spun it out at freeway speeds. if they deny it then:
A--they're lying

fangstang

Established Member
If it looks anything like that hotwheels pic, no thanks. that would really suck.I was really looking forward to this years NYAS for it debut

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I own a Viper and my Father had had four. They don't drive like a kit car. Maybe the gen I's. The rest I will agree with you on, which gives it that unique personality. Also, that kit car quality could take way more of a beating than the glass jaw drivelines GM likes to put in their vettes.

The Vette has always been a high volume sports car for the masses, while the Viper a more niche type of car for the few. They never tried to sell as many as the vette. The two cars really couldn't be any more different.

There is no "title" to gain or lose, so not sure what you mean by that. The Vette really only clearly outperformed it from 06-07.

This next Viper is on a whole new level. SRT has transformed the car, which is 100% hand built from the ground up. The Vette starts the day as a $50K car built on an assembly line.

anyone who's driven a Vette hard has spun it out at freeway speeds. if they deny it then:
A--they're lying

Let me know when you get yours

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
:xpl:
well, we will see what happens. keep in mind vettes have been around since the '50's. sure, some of them sucked during the 80's, but what car didn't?

vipers lasted 15 years and sold a fraction of the volume when compared to corvettes. sure, the last vipers to roll off the line were quite a bit better than the first decade of cars. but anyone who's driven any viper but the last version will tell you that the car drives like a 'kit car'--its hot, uncomfortable, crude, and rough around the edges. anyone who's driven a viper hard has spun it out at freeway speeds. if they deny it then:
A--they're lying

the title is gm's to lose. i would argue that it is DODGE that had better bring their A-game to dethrone the king. don't think i'll be trading in my z-06 on a new viper any time soon---we'll see, i keep an open mind when it comes to cars.

Typical vette guy response...

When it comes to the "battle" between the vette and viper its like picking which knife to butter your bread with. With the vette being a silver butter knife and the viper being RAMBO's...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
:xpl:

Typical vette guy response...

When it comes to the "battle" between the vette and viper its like picking which knife to butter your bread with. With the vette being a silver butter knife and the viper being RAMBO's...
I like that analogy, another thing to consider is there are more c6 vettes out there than all generation Vipers combined.
I love the c6z and zr1, but when it comes to Vipers...

I hope they take it to a whole new level, the King right now is still the ACR on many tracks with many records too.

F8L SNK

Established Member
You forgot C!

C--They have never driven one and go off what someone else heard someone else tell someone else.

Are they refined like a Vette, NO, never were meant to and never will be. Even though I feel the Gen V will be the most refined yet I still doubt it will equal the Vette. That is exactly what the appeal is. I tell everyone that it is one notch up from a Mustang. I don't mean this in distaste. I LOVE mustangs and is what got me into cars. I mean that the car is easy to work on, raw and fun. The Viper doesn't apologize for what it's not, rather it asserts what it is!

One year of production for a Vette is greater than the entire production for Gen I, II, III and IV so what's your point? Do you think that Dodge intended for it to sell a hand built car in mass like the Corvette? I think not, anyone even remotely interested in the Viper will understand this. Anyone not interested can be happy with the Vette. They are BOTH great cars!

A--they're lying

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
^I'm going to assume your car is bagged?^

I have felt it's always been apples to oranges when it comes to the viper v zo6 argument, but it's always fun to see them go at it.

Users who are viewing this thread