2013 Shelby GT500 Grabber Blue - 171 Miles

rancid

Established Member
trade+cash?

Ty for the offer, but only reason for sale is so I can get a closer home for my wife so she doesn't have to drive almost 2 hrs to work. I love this car and already told my wife I will get another once my son is out of daycare.

It kills me I am going to lose $6k off the top on a car that still smells brand new if it does indeed sell.

rancid

Established Member
Figures you spend all that time cleaning it up and now its going to rain most of the week!

No kidding! I am taking the car to work to show it to my boss that is flying in from CA tomorrow and to the Ford dealer I bought it from as the owner is interested in purchasing it back from me. Not thrilled about driving it in the rain so hopefully it stops.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Man

No kidding! I am taking the car to work to show it to my boss that is flying in from CA tomorrow and to the Ford dealer I bought it from as the owner is interested in purchasing it back from me. Not thrilled about driving it in the rain so hopefully it stops.

Feel your pain on daycare. $960 month for 2 young ones is killing my mod money on my new GT500 purchase. Stops after this summer though.

Tell ur boss and Ford owner to come to your house to see the car. It wont run in the rain otherwise.

rancid

Established Member
Feel your pain on daycare. $960 month for 2 young ones is killing my mod money on my new GT500 purchase. Stops after this summer though.

Tell ur boss and Ford owner to come to your house to see the car. It wont run in the rain otherwise.

$980 for one here! Crazy when you stop and think about all the things you can do with that extra money. Can't put a price on your child's well-being though.

I didn't end up driving it, has rained non-stop for 2 days in Atlanta and people drive way too fast here with poor conditions.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
$980 for child care? great something to look forward to :(
btw they are talking snow tomorrow, blah..i moved here to be warm and get away from that crap

Good luck with the sale!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
$980 for child care? great something to look forward to :(
btw they are talking snow tomorrow, blah..i moved here to be warm and get away from that crap

Good luck with the sale!

Luky you don't live in Boston at $1300/mo

fearthesnake

Established Member
Well...

Luky you don't live in Boston at $1300/mo

In Upstate SC $980 was about the cheapest. Most places are around 1,200 now also but for 2 children, not just 1.

Good call on not driving it in the rain. Seems like it's rained the last month about everyday since purchasing the GT500. Can't get it out to enjoy at all of late.

Rancid - Maybe that's a sign you should keep the car and not sell it.... :beer:

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Do they feed these kids filets and take them to Maui on class trips? For 19k a kid per year it should be pretty damn good daycare.

Nice car BTW, GLWS.

Last edited:

crystalwhitesvt

whitesnake
Established Member
This is totally off subject and don't take this the wrong way because I do not know you or your wife. I found it funny that you stated that "you can't put a price on your child's well being". But then you are sending them to somebody else to raise them while you and your wife are working. If your wife is driving 2 hours to work and you are spending almost a $1000 a month on child care, why doesn't your wife stay home with your child. I'm sure you and your wife have well paying jobs based on buying a $60,000 car and being able to take a $6,000 hit after you just bought it. It just seems to be a no brainer to me. I apologize if it offends you

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Bump for a fellow GA boy, child care is not cheap, $1180/month here, and would drive to work on a bicycle if I needed to. You are making the right choice brotha, the time will come again.

rancid

Established Member
This is totally off subject and don't take this the wrong way because I do not know you or your wife. I found it funny that you stated that "you can't put a price on your child's well being". But then you are sending them to somebody else to raise them while you and your wife are working. If your wife is driving 2 hours to work and you are spending almost a $1000 a month on child care, why doesn't your wife stay home with your child. I'm sure you and your wife have well paying jobs based on buying a $60,000 car and being able to take a $6,000 hit after you just bought it. It just seems to be a no brainer to me. I apologize if it offends you

Good question! The only answer I can honestly give is this economy scares the hell out of me and my wife working means if I lost my job or vice versa we could still provide for our family. Cost is not an issue with the Shelby, I can afford it and an only selling it to move closer to my wife's job to make her commute easier even though she keeps telling me to keep the car.

I send my son to what I call a child learning center, not a daycare where they eat and watch tv all day. He learns like it is a private school and we believe in interaction with other children at his age to get the necessary social skills.

Back on topic, I turned down the local ford dealership and have two potential offers pending here if one falls through. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Last edited:

dtd01svt

Established Member
To chime in on the daycare-$1,000/mo. for in home care and thats only 3 days a week!!

Absolutely beautiful car! My favorite of all time! I may use your first pic as my desktop wallpaper! :)
GLWS.

rancid

Established Member
Doesn't look like I am having too much luck here, few more bumps and off to carmax to see if they will give me what they originally offered several weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread