2013 Mustang GT has officially hit the dealerships

99mstng

Established Member
If the dealer normally participates in X Plan, I do not see why they would say no for just a GT? Maybe right now they would just becuase the 13 is brand spanking new, but in a month or two when every dealer has some 13's I doubt a dealer would say no to x plan.

If it were me going in there trying to use the XPlan and they said no, I would say 'See ya' and go to another dealer

They would make more $ selling it at sticker than they would at X plan (get very little back from Ford). If they have an ADM of $5K I'm pretty sure they wouldn't take X. However IMO they would be dumb not to take it but some *edit* MOST dealers get greedy . . .

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Yes. Especially for a car that would normally have and ADM price. Dealers are very greedy, and will get what ever they can over the invoice. Let them sit on those cars a few months and then go back.

i remember when the 07 GT500's came out. people were paying $20,000 over sticker.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Weren't dealers asking like $150k for the KRGT500s, particularly when the Knight Rider show remake came out using that car?

We had a black one with flat black stripes. They marked it up $25,000. No one ever bought it. After a year, they sold it on ebay for $60,000 lol

NA_Cobra

Established Member
This car hit the lot today out in Sacramento, Ca. and the dealership is asking $45k

photo3td.jpg

photo4gs.jpg

reflection from the side mirror

photo5fj.jpg

photo10hx.jpg

photo20c.jpg

I wouldnt pay over $35k for a Mustang GT

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
I just don't understand why they homogenized the Mustang models.

Why make the GT/V6 look like a Cobra?

The Hood/Grille is what made it stand out. Now they all look the same.

I'll keep my 2011.

HBO

Established Member
Y'all that have '11's and 12's, why in the world would you trade up anyway? Same crap was said about the '10 when it came out. Now everyone thinks the 11's and 12's are the holy grail. Wouldn't be so if it weren't for the 5.0. So what if they look like GT500's and you don't like something on it, that's what aftermarket is for if you want to set it apart, quit the bitchin' already.

Personally, I love the 2013 and would choose it over a 2012 and will be ordering one soon. If that dealer wants to mark it up because of it's exclusivity at the moment and they find a sucker, more power to them. I expect to pay around 36k'ish or $37k'ish for a GT Premium, track pack, comfort pack and shaker pro. That ain't so bad, lots o' performance for the money.

Last edited:

HBO

Established Member
damn if the GT is $45k what's the GT500 going to cost $70k???

Would you people please stop it.....the GT's are NOT $45k!!! :bash:

Base GT is $30,300 MSRP
Premium GT is $34,995 MSRP
Boss is $42,200 MSRP
GT500 is $54,200

I got these prices from Ford, amazing bit of investigation, wouldn't you say? :rollseyes

HBO

Established Member
Just went to the Chevy site, it felt icky, by the way.

Anyway, a base SS starts at $32,280 and the "premium" starts $35,880. Just sayin'!

kingnut

Established Member
This car hit the lot today out in Sacramento, Ca. and the dealership is asking $45k

photo3td.jpg

photo4gs.jpg

reflection from the side mirror

photo5fj.jpg

photo10hx.jpg

photo20c.jpg

i just noticed the very bottom pic looks like it has a pop up antenna. please tell me this is a joke. when is mustang gonna get the technology the japs have had for 20 years to still get reception without an outboard antenna.

kingnut

Established Member
Y'all that have '11's and 12's, why in the world would you trade up anyway? Same crap was said about the '10 when it came out. Now everyone thinks the 11's and 12's are the holy grail. Wouldn't be so if it weren't for the 5.0. So what if they look like GT500's and you don't like something on it, that's what aftermarket is for if you want to set it apart, quit the bitchin' already.

Personally, I love the 2013 and would choose it over a 2012 and will be ordering one soon. If that dealer wants to mark it up because of it's exclusivity at the moment and they find a sucker, more power to them. I expect to pay around 36k'ish or $37k'ish for a GT Premium, track pack, comfort pack and shaker pro. That ain't so bad, lots o' performance for the money.

welcome to being on a forum. not everyone has to like what you do. 2013 looks great to me. but people that dont like them, also have valid points.

kingnut

Established Member

Base GT is $30,300 MSRP
Boss is $42,200 MSRP
GT500 is $54,200

I got these prices from Ford, amazing bit of investigation, wouldn't you say? :rollseyes

if you read the Original Post you can see he posted "dealer is asking $45k". your already not gonna be liked for being so cocky. post less and read more.

Supernova

Established Member
i just noticed the very bottom pic looks like it has a pop up antenna. please tell me this is a joke. when is mustang gonna get the technology the japs have had for 20 years to still get reception without an outboard antenna.

I'm pretty sure that the antenna is the same, it's just not attached in that picture. I agree, Ford needs to get with the times and ditch that crappy antenna. How many new cars in this price range even have non-integrated antennas anymore, anyway?

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member

Base GT is $30,300 MSRP
Boss is $42,200 MSRP
GT500 is $54,200

dealer mark up yoooo :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread