2013 GT500 under car on Dyno

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A perspective I've never seen before. Sounds healthy, for sure.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Did anyone else noticed it only took about 7 seconds to go from 60-180, holy sh#%.

KenB

Established Member
Also remember this is on a Dyno. It won't go to 180 that fast on the road.

Cool video though.

Sure it will. Has nothing to do with being on a dyno. At any particular RPM, the car will go X MPH regardless if you are on a dyno, the road or jackstands.

This is pretty simple science people. All you need to know is RPM, transmission gear ratio, rear end ratio and tire size. Other than changes in tire growth, there is no way around that fact. This car also went mid 140s in 3rd gear. Guess that's not possible either. :)

Last edited:

jhonda

Established Member
Sure it will. Has nothing to do with being on a dyno. At any particular RPM, the car will go X MPH regardless if you are on a dyno, the road or jackstands.

This is pretty simple science people. All you need to know is RPM, transmission gear ratio, rear end ratio and tire size. Other than changes in tire growth, there is no way around that fact. This car also went mid 140s in 3rd gear. Guess that's not possible either. :)

Hope your not for real. So when I put my svt focus on they dyno and was doing 175mph I could do that on the street....SWEET

lxboy

Established Member
Hope your not for real. So when I put my svt focus on they dyno and was doing 175mph I could do that on the street....SWEET

I guess wind resistance doesn't exist in your world.

easy cowboys. a 13' gt500 will do 170 in 4th stock. 2.66-TR6060, 3.31s and 27.58 inch tires= 173@7k. Obviously not as quick as on the dyno but it will get there.

you think 400+rwhp and 1000rpm wont reach 180?

Last edited:

KenB

Established Member
I guess wind resistance doesn't exist in your world.

You guys are lost. Wind resistance doesn't have anything to do with what we are talking about. You and the guy about are talking about reaching a theoretical top speed on the dyno. That's not what we are talking about here.

Example

With the focus, the car may only have enough power to overcome aerodynamics to maybe go 140 on the road. And at that point, the RPMs will stop climbing also. If you put the same car on the dyno, it could go higher because there is no wind resistance. Maybe 170+

But the point is, on the dyno and on the road, at 140 MPH the car will always be at the same RPM if it's in the same gear. This is very simple science are you guys are confused. Trust me, ask someone who you trust here. You're wrong. I've been doing this a long time.

If given enough space, this car would be at 180 in the top of 4th gear because we are spinning it to 7,500 RPM. There is no way to change that fact and has nothing to do with wind.

The wind resistance only comes into play when you are discussing terminal top speed. But the speed reached in any particular gear will always be the same.

KenB

Established Member
easy cowboys. a 13' gt500 will do 170 in 4th stock. 2.66-TR6060, 3.31s and 27.58 inch tires= 173@7k. Obviously not as quick as on the dyno but it will get there.

you think 400+rwhp and 1000rpm wont reach 180?

Thanks for the backup but the HP actually doesn't matter. At stock power the car will already go well over 180. So if you took a stock car and raised the rev limter to 7,500 you would be going around 185 at the top of 4th.

Here is a calculator that will show you the math
Gear-Speed Calculator Program

Stock tire size is 275/35/20

trans gear ratio in 4th is 1 and final drive is 3.31

Users who are viewing this thread