2013 GT500 Super Snake

gtconv91

Ya can't fix stupid
Established Member
Glad they are using the '13 grille, but hope they arent charging $30k+ for just a bump of 88 hp. Especially with those wheels!!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Interesting that no internal engine modifications are mentioned. I wonder if 850hp is realisticly a pretty safe number to run on the 5.8 motors. I know there has been talk about what is safe, and we really don't know yet.

VaporDude

Established Member
Interesting that no internal engine modifications are mentioned. I wonder if 850hp is realisticly a pretty safe number to run on the 5.8 motors. I know there has been talk about what is safe, and we really don't know yet.

Does anyone want to be the first guinnea pig for 850HP? I think the 850 would be safe but anything above that you would need to start worrying about the bottom blowing out.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I wonder if the 850hp kit is what FRPP is going to offer for the 2013.

I think the wheels will look awesome in black :)

BIRDDOC

Established Member

This has to be crank HP. right? Internals will be fine as that would be 725-750 to the wheels. That 4.0 Whipple is not working very hard..now change the pulley and tune and POP GOES THE WEASEL!

blackshelby

This has to be crank HP. right? Internals will be fine as that would be 725-750 to the wheels. That 4.0 Whipple is not working very hard..now change the pulley and tune and POP GOES THE WEASEL!

Yes crank hp

You are correct
RWHP will be in the low 700 range it will add about 100-120 rwhp over stock.

chuckstang

Established Member
why is everyone so concerned about the motor and bottom end. Its just as stout as when the gt500 first came out back in 07 and many guys have run 800rwhp on stock internals with no issues at all, assuming it is not abused, over reved, tuned properly ect.

800 at the tires has been sort of the magical limit though fwiw

Oh and the new SS looks awsome, wheels are much nicer than the shit Ford offers. Im so tired of that dark argent finish they have been using since 2010. The whole car looks much nicer, as usual though, all the SS's look bad ass

Last edited:

peteypab2133

Established Member
why is everyone so concerned about the motor and bottom end. Its just as stout as when the gt500 first came out back in 07 and many guys have run 800rwhp on stock internals with no issues at all, assuming it is not abused, over reved, tuned properly ect.

800 at the tires has been sort of the magical limit though fwiw

Oh and the new SS looks awsome, wheels are much nicer than the shit Ford offers. Im so tired of that dark argent finish they have been using since 2010. The whole car looks much nicer, as usual though, all the SS's look bad ass

Blah. Your crazy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IA Shelby

Established Member
You read my mind. I love those gt350 wheels! I wonder if they will be available to buy.

The Gt350 wheels are RTR wheels with a different center cap. They can be found everywhere for 300 a wheel.

Great looking wheel but rear offset limits tire size to 275.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
The Gt350 wheels are RTR wheels with a different center cap. They can be found everywhere for 300 a wheel.

Great looking wheel but rear offset limits tire size to 275.

Thank's for the info!

I do kind of like that hood on the GT350 too. I wonder if it has more clearance for engine mods than the stock hood. Is this made by Shelby or aftermaket.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I always like the way the GT350 looks. I wish they would have kept the center exhaust though. I loved the way it looked on the cars.

The SS, hmmm not so sure on it....not liking the one piece exhaust as well.

Users who are viewing this thread