2013 GT500 Fastest Selling Car in America

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
That statistic would have significance if there were 75,000 of them built. This is an extremely low volume car built for a small number of highly motivated buyers. Many of these cars are ordered and likely aren't in the dealers hands for much more than a day.

Exactly! The Fusion selling that fast is much more impressive due to volume. Many Shelbys are custom ordered and picked up within two days. There are a few of these that have sat for long periods of time. Expect more to sit longer when details on the 2015 come out.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Exactly! The Fusion selling that fast is much more impressive due to volume. Many Shelbys are custom ordered and picked up within two days. There are a few of these that have sat for long periods of time. Expect more to sit longer when details on the 2015 come out.

Unless they don't build a Cobra in 2015- which would make the 14s go even faster.

Which as of right now, we don't know if there will be one, most signs point to no.
:(

reason4treason

Established Member
don't know why there are so many used for sale though, with numbers growing.

there were 22 on autotrader 2 weeks ago and now there are at least 33.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
don't know why there are so many used for sale though, with numbers growing.

there were 22 on autotrader 2 weeks ago and now there are at least 33.

I would guess some folks got in over their heads on buying a $70K car (w/ TTL) and at some point reality set in, possibly in the form of a job loss or a new baby on the way. Selling one of these, less than a year old with 10,000 miles on it, for $65K may not be so easy. Hence, they may sit for a while.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member

Agreed.

hognutz

Established Member
This is a wierd stat becasue if it was not for ADM I don't think any of these car's ZL1 or GT500 would sit even for 14days. I think all would be sold orders if it was not for dealer BS.

I could not even get a 2012 ZL1 built to order mine got pushed and they cut like 600 alocations. Now I could find dealers that would try to sell me one already built for 5k over or 10k over. or even MSRP but a color I did not want or an auto. so some of those 2012's sat because of greedy dealers. there were two dealers in oregon that said I could buy what they ordered for MSRP when it came in but would not let me pick the options in case I backed out. there are no non-refundable deposites in oregon.

Now I was able to find a alocation for a 2013 GT500 @ msrp very easy I know the local sales manager. I went the other way though. when that car came in it sat for over a 2 months because once it hit that same lot they put 10k ADM on it. so that car was raising this average. I know at MSRP it would sold much faster.

60k mustang no issue the 77k they were askin for that one gave a few people issue. finally a local wealthy guy bought it.

I think people will be more willing to pay ADM for a GT500 than a ZL1. Poeple on the interent dont' pay ADM but rich people who want a local car Pay adm all the time.

I was not even willing to pay MSRP for the ZL1 once the GT500 hit the gound. that is what allowed me to get below inoice on my ZL1.

it is an interesting game between alocation and the dealer wanting to mazimize $$$ off of there alocation.

there is no doubt in my mind the perfomance advantages of the GT500 impacted my decision to buy though. If that dealership would not have dealt on that ZL1 I would have walked.

Users who are viewing this thread