2013 GT500 Fastest Selling Car in America

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
this is obviously wrong, because everyone knows that NO ONE WILL EVER BUY A $60K MUSTANG!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

SVTKen

Established Member
I'm not surprised at all because my dealer has ordered 5 (including mine, which was an extra allocation on Halloween based on high Mustang sales) and the only one that hasn't sold yet is the one that is still on order (black on black) and should arrive near the end of January or early February. None of their orders have even hit their showroom floor yet, and they've sold four!

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine was one of the ones that brought up the average. It sat on the lot for over 4 months.

brianz426

Established Member
I'm not surprised at all because my dealer has ordered 5 (including mine, which was an extra allocation on Halloween based on high Mustang sales) and the only one that hasn't sold yet is the one that is still on order (black on black) and should arrive near the end of January or early February. None of their orders have even hit their showroom floor yet, and they've sold four!

Do you mind mentioning which dealer?

drmustang

Banned
That statistic would have significance if there were 75,000 of them built. This is an extremely low volume car built for a small number of highly motivated buyers. Many of these cars are ordered and likely aren't in the dealers hands for much more than a day.

Kewlv8

Established Member
Someone post this on CAMARO 5 and ask them how long a ZL1 sits on the lots

Considering there are still numerous 2012 ZL1s on the lots and the 2014 job is beginning soon, this would result in massive butthurt followed by a permaban. I guess GM mis judged the market for 2+ ton autocross vehicles. :lol:

drmustang

Banned
Considering there are still numerous 2012 ZL1s on the lots and the 2014 job is beginning soon, this would result in massive butthurt followed by a permaban. I guess GM mis judged the market for 2+ ton autocross vehicles. :lol:

There are 20 some new 2012 GT500s on Autotrader alone still looking for a home. Keep the fact in mind that these premium grade muscle cars are pricey and have a potential pool of willing, capable buyers that is extremely small. Your frame of reference in regards to the true real world demand from actual, capable buyers may be somewhat distorted if you have believed the hype that continues to be promoted by some on internet forums.

Last edited:

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
There are 20 some new 2012 GT500s on Autotrader alone still looking for a home. Keep the fact in mind that these premium grade muscle cars are pricey and have a potential pool of willing, capable buyers that is extremely small. Your frame of reference in regards to the true real world demand from actual, capable buyers may be somewhat distorted if you have believed the hype that continues to be promoted by some on internet forums.

So how do you explain the 11 day average for the '13? And how does that average relate to the "true real world demand"? Thank you.

Kewlv8

Established Member

nerd-bully-1.jpg

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member

and if u research it enough these are the dealers still trying to get MSRP for the cars if not more... At some point were offered a profitable amount for the car was greedy and turned it down I remember when dealers knew there 13"s were comming in and blowing out 12"s at $6500 off MSRP.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
So how do you explain the 11 day average for the '13? And how does that average relate to the "true real world demand"? Thank you.

They don't sell many so they don't make many, very simple stuff. Give Ford credit, they have done a stellar job of providing an adequate number of units but not to the point of a gross oversupply. You can be certain that they would love to sell 50,000 units at these prices but that is never going to happen. The manufacturer has obviously become quite astute at estimating and later tailoring their production to adequately satisfy the small number of interested, capable buyers. '07,'08' and '09, had incentives. There hasn't been much need for that type of marketing since then as they now build fewer units.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
They don't sell many so they don't make many, very simple stuff. Give Ford credit, they have done a stellar job of providing an adequate number of units but not to the point of a gross oversupply. You can be certain that they would love to sell 50,000 units at these prices but that is never going to happen. The manufacturer has obviously become quite astute at estimating and later tailoring their production to adequately satisfy the small number of interested, capable buyers. '07,'08' and '09, had incentives. There hasn't been much need for that type of marketing since then as they now build fewer units.

captain-obvious.jpg

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
Same here, my car was at the dealer for 5 days only because I was on a trip and could not make the 710 mile drive any earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread