2013 GT500 Aftermarket Exhaust

13GT500SG

Established Member
The attak sounds awesome on a 12 with headers and offroad x! Id imagine just as bad ass on a 13 if not better sounding! We need more sound clips people haha!

Superhawk2002

Established Member
I am still stuck on the sound of flowmasters. Always like them, always will.

I am taking my car over to an exhuast place to see what they can do for me. Going to see how to get the quad tips on a flowmaster muffler. I will cut and weld them myself if I have to... just being lazy lately.

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
First time posting to the site but I've had my Shelby a few months now. I too am a fan of Chambered mufflers and have had MAC and Flowmaster on previous Cobras. they just sound deeper especially when mated with a prochamber offroad intermediate pipe.

After some emails, here is what I have been told and this is quoted. Flowmaster is in development and MAC needs a '13 to do R&D. MAC is in Cali. See both below:

Flowmaster:
Hello Casey,

Thank you for contacting Flowmaster. Unfortunately as of yet we have not released our GT500 exhaust system but the good news is we're currently working on it. Flowmaster will more than likely be offering a complete 3.0" cat-back system that will feature the dual-quad tips. I ask that you check back within 30-60 days for any updates. Flowmaster consistently releases new kits on monthly basis! (This response was from 11-21-2012)

Thank you for contacting Flowmaster.
Alex Ortega
Inside Sales Representative
Flowmaster, Inc.
1 (800) 544-4761, ext. 444

MAC:
Yes we are looking into making a Axle Back Exhaust System for this vehcile but we will need to get the Mustang into the Shop first for all of the Proto Typing. THis is the issue that we are having. We have not found someone that want to leave there vehcile with us for the testing. We need to have the vehicle for at least a week to make sure that everything works and bolts up right. But as soon as we can get our hands on one then yes we will be offering these parts. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know. (This response was from November 28, 2012)
Thank you,
Manny Garcia
MAC Products Inc
951-296-3077

Last edited:

rancid

Established Member
Man, shame MAC is in CALI or I would have lent them mine. I had their full exhaust on my 2000 Saleen and absolutely loved it. I emailed them back in June about an exhaust system but they never responded.

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Flowmaster Update:

Hello Casey,

Thank you for contacting Flowmaster. After speaking with my R&D facility they shared with me that the GT500 exhaust kit for the 2013 models will become available May of 2013. We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. Part of the delay is the extensive amount of vehicles our R&D facility has lined up for the year. We ask that you please check back with us in the near future for any further updates.

Thank you for contacting Flowmaster.
Alex Ortega
Inside Sales Representative
Flowmaster, Inc.
1 (800) 544-4761, ext. 444

Last edited:

mhoglund

Established Member
I'm suprised Bassani hasn't released a 2013 system yet. Anyone know if they arw working on one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
I could only imagine how a full 3" Bassani Cat Back would sound on these cars.. one of my fav exhaust makers..

Bytor

Established Member
I'm going to visit an exhaust shop tomorrow and ask them if they want to do a custom build on a couple of universal 40 series flowmasters and set them up for the 14. The wait for flowmaster is killing me. The 40 series with an O/R h-pipe and long tube headers on my '96 cobra sounded awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread