2013 GT500 Aftermarket Exhaust

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Man, those Borla kits do sounds nice but they also sound LOUD! I like it! I also like the Magnaflow's a lot, always been a favorite of mine. I hope they make a system with the Magnapacks as I think muffler deletes just don't do anything for me.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Just found maybe my favorite sounding GT500 yet. Borla

This is long tubes, xpipe, touring mufflers.
[youtube_browser]V9TFMyLH5ak[/Youtube_browser]

This one is s type it says...

[youtube_browser]LPQuUmx6UCY[/Youtube_browser]
if it says s-type its s-type... im the only one that has a Borla setup as of now..

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Man, those Borla kits do sounds nice but they also sound LOUD! I like it! I also like the Magnaflow's a lot, always been a favorite of mine. I hope they make a system with the Magnapacks as I think muffler deletes just don't do anything for me.
the Borla videos on youtube with the black 13 gt500 are without cats and with long tube headers... ive been trying to get together with my buddy to do another video with stock headers and cats on the car...

rancid

Established Member
the Borla videos on youtube with the black 13 gt500 are without cats and with long tube headers... ive been trying to get together with my buddy to do another video with stock headers and cats on the car...

This would be awesome. I want to keep the warranty intact for right now so that will mean keeping the stock headers/cats. Are there any modifications that have to be done with the borla exhaust kits to make it fit into the stock pipes?

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
This would be awesome. I want to keep the warranty intact for right now so that will mean keeping the stock headers/cats. Are there any modifications that have to be done with the borla exhaust kits to make it fit into the stock pipes?
The over the axle's just bolt right in. If I'm not mistaken the x-pipe does require some cutting but shouldn't void your warranty at least that's what my dealer told me. But I'm sure others may say different. Plus the only thing it could void would be your exhaust warranty which wouldn't matter anyways as Borla offers a million mile warranty.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Well clearly none of us have had the new kit long enough to say it has rusted or not, but my kit seems to be nice and of great quality.

If I'm not mistaken both magna flow and Borla offer Million mile warranties. If you have a rust issue you should give them a call. I believe they will replace them. Don't quote me on that though but it can't hurt to call them.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
7one7,

Like the all black tips. Did you go with cat back or axle back? I am interested in this setup. Could you snap a couple more pics?

I did go with the axle backs only. And couple more pics for you....
IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

peteypab2133

Established Member

When will it be available for purchase.

I keep browsing and the video said soon and it was a month or so ago !

Thanks

peteypab2133

Established Member
if it says s-type its s-type... im the only one that has a Borla setup as of now..

Did you like the LT, xpipe , stype combo?? It sounds crazy, but my fear is that it's too loud. I only drive my car one or two days a week if I'm lucky it's not my dd. interior sound as well??

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
thanks for adding all the info, the flowmasters are the cheapest but what do they sound like?

the s type borla catback is the cheapest of those three....in for more vids over the coming months :pop:

Shhhh

Established Member
thanks for adding all the info, the flowmasters are the cheapest but what do they sound like?

the s type borla catback is the cheapest of those three....in for more vids over the coming months :pop:

The more I think about it the more I just love the stock sound and im not sure if I want anything louder :shrug:

Ive had full exhaust setups, longtubes back, and Im not sure If I want to go that route again. Its fun for alittle while.

Last edited:

rancid

Established Member
The more I think about it the more I just love the stock sound and im not sure if I want anything louder :shrug:

Ive had full exhaust setups, longtubes back, and Im not sure If I want to go that route again. Its fun for alittle car.

Funny, I was all set on longtubes and a cat-back but after hearing the stock exhaust it just sounds so good and no fuss with talking over bluetooth in the car. I wonder how an offroad H would sound with the stock mufflers.

I'd really like to hear the flowmasters and was debating about having my muffler shop fab something up to re-use the stock quad tips from the factory.

Last edited:

13GT500SG

Established Member
Rancid, thats what im thinking about doing. Offroad x and maybe reuse the quad tips .

peteypab2133

Established Member
I honestly think I made my mind up... Going to start with xpipe and stype. probably will order one soon... Was going to do long tubes but local shop told me $800 for install. Not even going to call another place, not asking ford garage, and not doing it myself either. I am a one man wrecking crew with no lift.

Out of curiosity the lethal xpipe should match up to the borla exhaust as well as my stock headers right?

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
7one7,

Like the all black tips. Did you go with cat back or axle back? I am interested in this setup. Could you snap a couple more pics?

I did go with the axle backs only. And couple more pics for you....
IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

Those black magnaflow look awesome! Just don't know if I can spend that much just for an axle back tho. Any of you want to get rid of your stock quad tip exhaust please drop me a PM:D

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

peteypab2133

Established Member
Those black magnaflow look awesome! Just don't know if I can spend that much just for an axle back tho. Any of you want to get rid of your stock quad tip exhaust please drop me a PM:D

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Sell that iPad 3 lol. That will clear up $400+. It's all about priorities :). I'm still torn myself

Users who are viewing this thread