2013 Ford Mustang (now 420hpand 2013 GT500 infos. GT500 indeed gets 5.8L 650hp V8!

Oman_cobra

Established Member
now this is awesome :coolman: i never thought the 4 tail pipes would look sick on the s197 + models but the new GT500 got me so wrong ! and i say the bank robs will increase after the news on the new GT500

trev0006

Established Member
I am guessing 11.8 @ 122mph with stock tires for the new gt500.

The super snake in this video has 635hp
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoKRbBfXo1M&feature=relmfu"]MuscleCar Tuner DragRace: HPE650/SuperSnake/SpeedfactorySRT8 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
The only thing that scares me about the new GT500 are those stock connecting rods. There not H-beams BUT I would think having 650hp they would be forged so maybe they are strong just in a light weight and small package. I am soooo psyched for the new GT500. I'm sure we'll see these cars in the mid 10's with nothing more than a tire swap and good driver.

pack018

Established Member
I love to see the hp increase along with all the other improvements but these cars are seriously started to be out of the reach of most ppl. Idk about you guys but I've always seen the mustang as a blue collar working man's sports cars. back in 03-04 (SVT's) the price jump wasn't as bad. I know Horse power = Money but the way this is going the 2018 Shelby mustangs are going to be over 100k.. Btw this new Shelby is just sick:rockon:..

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think they all look amazing. I wonder what Gm will do now, they talked a big game with the 550hp ZL1, then ford steps in with a 100hp advantage...

Ha, suck on that GM! :-D

ZL1 is 580hp but it's still down 70 which is quite a bit.

more than likely north of $50k

Ya think? The base price of a '12 Shelby is $49,700. With the SVTPP and other options it's north of $55k.

I'm really digging the new Shelby, especially the much improved rear end, which is the only thing I didn't like about the current ones. Add all the extra power and electronics upgrades and it's a winner.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Looks like the tvs prices will hopefully start to plummet; if like to put one on my Modified 04 cobra....i actually might start saving now and trade her in a couple years for a '13 gt500, those things are SO SEXY!!!!

BigDan

Established Member
I'm so bummed I didn't see Ti-VCT cam phasers. :whine:

I also didn't see a stronger bottom end. Well I guess its a good thing to save the money on taking a hit on a potential trade in and it seems that I can always make up the .4L of displacement power advantage with a big TS.

I cant wait for the new influx in aftermarket hoods that will fit our 2010+ GT500's and allow enough clearance for fitting a 3.4L+ TS charger without getting the Black Mamba SS style hood and I heard you cant lower 2011+ engine low enough to use the stock hood with a 3.4 or 3.6L with all the lowering kits, mounts and members.

Last edited:

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
First just want to say what an amazing car Ford is building with the mustang! Truly amazing times!

Those taillights really helped add some dimension to the otherwise super bland ass end.

650hp is amazing on a factory car. Thats more HP than a ZR1, even if it may be slower in the curves and other areas due to weight, id imagine that motor is far more forgiving when it comes time to stretch the limits.

Yet again when ford builds a mustang like this, they didnt do it to top the Camaro, they did it to bitchslap the Corvette, and not just any corvette, they smacked the ZR1 upside its face. They did it in 2003 with the Cobra and my friends, history has just repeated itself.

I CANNOT believe what ford has done with the mustang. The fact that the shelby is so powerful and potent out of the box is amazing.

The fact that ford is now producing the most powerful factory v8 in the world is insane. Take that AMG,Ferrari, and GM for that matter.

Now onto you two douchebags....

Read back what you wrote... the mustang is NOT NOWHERE NEAR ZR1 power,status, times, anything..

Thats like saying, "I have a 9" penis" but the ZR1 with an "8 inch penis will make your girl nut 10 times while you are bearly taking your pants off"....

And although the mustang can claim the numbers throne, all those other companies mentioned are far more advance than the GT500

amazing car but chill the **** out guys

bet yall nut quick when yall smash:lol1:

Last edited:

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
God, it just keeps getting better and better!! The rear of the '13 GT500 is incredible...between the tail lights and the new rear splitter with the quad tips, it just looks so mean. Imagine that lowered with 335's in the rear? :D:D:D

NICE WORK FORD!! I thought my Bullitt was sweet...it looks like a dinosaur compared to the new ones!

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
I love to see the hp increase along with all the other improvements but these cars are seriously started to be out of the reach of most ppl. Idk about you guys but I've always seen the mustang as a blue collar working man's sports cars. back in 03-04 (SVT's) the price jump wasn't as bad. I know Horse power = Money but the way this is going the 2018 Shelby mustangs are going to be over 100k.. Btw this new Shelby is just sick:rockon:..

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the whole Shelby thing. After the 03 Cobra was done and the GT500 was announced I went in to my local Ford dealership to plop down the money on the new GT500 coming out. I was met by a salesman who said "you better not even consider buying this car for anything under a 20g mark up."

What an ass, they were overly proud of a car that really didn't perform any better than the 03, it only had that stupid name on the car (which if I ever were to get one my first mod would be to remove everything shelby.)

SVT was about affordable performance, Shelby brought a new dimension to that. I think for the average enthusiast we really don't care about the shelby name, we care about the engineering and performance. If removing that name even took $50 off the price Ford should do it, it's not needed and not wanted. SVT and it's exclusivity is enough without the markup for a name on the car.

Can't wait to see these out on the street and I love what it's going to do to the competition to get them to catch up.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
650HP from a V8?... HELL YA!

I like the new tails, like said it defiantly adds dimension to the flat rear style. Ford is stepping up hard to let the world know what's up!

Users who are viewing this thread